Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Fadaar

That guy
Fired this up the other day for the first time in forever and guess I went through the Witch Queen opening mission(?) on legendary. Wasn't too bad. Should I bother picking up the witch queen dlc or just jump into the newest?

WQ is the newest for another 5 weeks then Lightfall is coming out

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont know why they just dont make this shit easier for noobs to buy and play. Its something like $160 or some shit to be all caught up with expansions and DLC and thats kinda expensive to just dive into a game you dont know shit about if you never played it. I guess you can always try the free shit but that locks you out of all the cool stuff.

Also Ive been playing my kids account so I can catch him up a bit and its silly how much grinding you need to do in order to be caught up. Like the soft cap should be like 10 away from 1580 because as it stands now its a shit ton of grind to get to 1580 from 1530, the soft cap. And thats not even considering the gear grind, the exotics and all that other shit. they do level you up to 1570, 10 under, to do the seasonal stuff but still, the matchmaking pairs you with other noobs and its a fucking struggle to get through the 3 man seasonal shit especially the seraph stuff 10 light under. And none of them even had the champ mods, at least none that ive played with so I dont even think they do a good job explaining all that shit either. I had to literally equip both hand cannon and pulse to stun the champs in the missions i ran with the noobs. It was a mess. I think a good tutorial would be good here explaining the mods and shit, but I guess all that is going away with new expansion anyways so my point is moot.

Man IDK, I think if they streamlined the new player experience a bit and made shit more concise, more easy and easy to acess, more people would play i would think. Insead I see people just quitting at the daunting task of leveling up, gearing up, and being curb stomped by content like that.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I dont know why they just dont make this shit easier for noobs to buy and play. Its something like $160 or some shit to be all caught up with expansions and DLC and thats kinda expensive to just dive into a game you dont know shit about if you never played it. I guess you can always try the free shit but that locks you out of all the cool stuff.

Also Ive been playing my kids account so I can catch him up a bit and its silly how much grinding you need to do in order to be caught up. Like the soft cap should be like 10 away from 1580 because as it stands now its a shit ton of grind to get to 1580 from 1530, the soft cap. And thats not even considering the gear grind, the exotics and all that other shit. they do level you up to 1570, 10 under, to do the seasonal stuff but still, the matchmaking pairs you with other noobs and its a fucking struggle to get through the 3 man seasonal shit especially the seraph stuff 10 light under. And none of them even had the champ mods, at least none that ive played with so I dont even think they do a good job explaining all that shit either. I had to literally equip both hand cannon and pulse to stun the champs in the missions i ran with the noobs. It was a mess. I think a good tutorial would be good here explaining the mods and shit, but I guess all that is going away with new expansion anyways so my point is moot.

Man IDK, I think if they streamlined the new player experience a bit and made shit more concise, more easy and easy to acess, more people would play i would think. Insead I see people just quitting at the daunting task of leveling up, gearing up, and being curb stomped by content like that.
Just get it on cdkeys and save a bunch of cash. I picked it all up for $70 a month ago.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Fired this up the other day for the first time in forever and guess I went through the Witch Queen opening mission(?) on legendary. Wasn't too bad. Should I bother picking up the witch queen dlc or just jump into the newest?

At this point I'd recommend only buying Lightfall upcoming DLC (deluxe for all 4 seasons of the year if you plan on playing a while) and wait to see if all the rest of the shit gets bundled in a single purchase. The season passes basically pay for themselves in opportunity costs if you consider the time saved not having to farm mats/gear, if you're going to be playing anyway.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
At this point I'd recommend only buying Lightfall upcoming DLC (deluxe for all 4 seasons of the year if you plan on playing a while) and wait to see if all the rest of the shit gets bundled in a single purchase.
Yeah that was my thought. Probably a good call with all the games that are releasing next month that can tide me over until then.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

It seems pretty clear to me that Bungie is working toward phasing out the leveling system completely. They've been chipping away at it for over a year now with contest and GM modes, but now they are auto leveling/capping levels in seasonal activities and made GM's doable at powerful cap... The writing is on the wall.

Along with the new "Guardian Ranks" and UI changes that are supposed to help guide new players, I expect come Final Shape in 2024 the game will be looking very different.

Fadaar

That guy
theyre fucking retarded for not taking the MMO approach (at least, it's how WoW does it) with newest expansion giving you everything prior

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bungie broke something. Destiny is offline until tomorrow morning at the earliest and everyone is getting rolled back to 820am this morning. They haven’t explained what yet but speculation is they broke something related to auto dismantle blue drops that was supposed to go live today.

Fadaar

That guy
actually helps me out, masterworked a bunch of armor that i kinda regret doing. get them sweet materials back.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
actually helps me out, masterworked a bunch of armor that i kinda regret doing. get them sweet materials back.
LOL, Today was my office day. Thank god because if I was at home I would have been grinding shit.

I did watch some streams about the changes though in crucible. Citans is DEAD, dude put it on in a private match and his buddy shot it with a shotty and one shot it. 1/2 SMG clip busted it and not onlyt hat it only lasts like 15 seconds, lol. NO ONE will be using this again. DMT got the nerf but the dude was still hitting crits at 50m while moving and his buddy moving hip fire. So this thing will still be in crucible. Pulses are not that bad either. More recoil so they wont be the lazers they were before. He tested the air accuracy too and its a bit better but you still have to build for it. Stompees still unusable in the air unless you REALLY build for it. Locks have it the best still.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Bungie broke something. Destiny is offline until tomorrow morning at the earliest and everyone is getting rolled back to 820am this morning. They haven’t explained what yet but speculation is they broke something related to auto dismantle blue drops that was supposed to go live today.
If only there was a way to test things before releasing them. Sucks being a small indie studio...

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah I'm sure morons online think it's related to blue item drops because hurr hurr armchair dev, but it sounds to me like something related to the new Guardian Ranks system after they decided to move up other changes prior to the next DLC. Probably forgot to lock something behind a feature flag and when it got pushed into production channels it messed up player data.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No harm no foul. Thsi game has a pretty fucking good track record of pushing shit out every week and a damn good success rate. Its actually surprising this shit does not happen more often.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They need to fix the fucking prices on older shit in this game. My older kid showed some interest again after he sat down at my computer to play a few matches of Iron Banner. Anyway hes all caught up to Shadowkeep on his account but in order for him to catch up its like $100+ or some shit. With old content and like 20 hours of story to do if that for each plus access to the raids. And most of guns and other shit is all tied to the seasons anyway which are all going away in a month plus it already has sailed for the Beyond Light expansion....Plus another $100 for the new expansion in Feb. So he said no fucking way hes spending that cash on a game which he does not even know hes going to play for long. I would have to buy it for him but lol there is no fucking way im spending that cash. If I buy something it will be for my acct, lol.

If they want people to come back to this game they need to do something to the prices on older content for this game for people to be caught up. I dont know why they dont just sell a package deal for like $40 or some shit for that old legacy content. I know witch queen is still "newish" but once the new expansion hits its going to be legacy shit.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They need to fix the fucking prices on older shit in this game. My older kid showed some interest again after he sat down at my computer to play a few matches of Iron Banner. Anyway hes all caught up to Shadowkeep on his account but in order for him to catch up its like $100+ or some shit. With old content and like 20 hours of story to do if that for each plus access to the raids. And most of guns and other shit is all tied to the seasons anyway which are all going away in a month plus it already has sailed for the Beyond Light expansion....Plus another $100 for the new expansion in Feb. So he said no fucking way hes spending that cash on a game which he does not even know hes going to play for long. I would have to buy it for him but lol there is no fucking way im spending that cash. If I buy something it will be for my acct, lol.

If they want people to come back to this game they need to do something to the prices on older content for this game for people to be caught up. I dont know why they dont just sell a package deal for like $40 or some shit for that old legacy content. I know witch queen is still "newish" but once the new expansion hits its going to be legacy shit.

Yeah I ended up buying the expansion bundle and witch queen on GBA. Worked well and saved 40. Been playing coop with a buddy and now that I understand the game again 99 seems pretty insane for a six hour story and 4 seasons and maybe a couple dungeons. Everything seems locked behind a paywall.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Having a lot of fun with this again. At 1553 now and just trying to level gear. Is it bad I like gambit? :)

• 1Barf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
They need to put stasis on Ikora. I'm not doing all that horseshit to unlock the abilities.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Having a lot of fun with this again. At 1553 now and just trying to level gear. Is it bad I like gambit? :)
I like it too, but I still like the OG gambit with the best of 3 rounds. It just seemed more balanced back then. Now it seems like the boss phase is too quick and pvp kills give way too much health back, also there is no catch up mechanic. I mean I guess its cool for those that hate the mode, quick 3 matches and youre out for the week, but those of us who like the mode are made to suffer.

Gambit def still needs some work. Its been sitting idle aside some weapon nerfs like gally for like a year.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
They need to put stasis on Ikora. I'm not doing all that horseshit to unlock the abilities.

oh god i forgot how shit getting stasis done was. did all of that when BL launched, would probably just skip the subclasses now if i had to do it. i have to imagine Bungie will make Strand a lot less aids to get done. i hope.

• 1Like