Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You could get the expansions on Epic, enable Cross Save on your Bungie account and set your Steam account as the MAIN one (or you'll lose your existing characters). Then you would be able to log into the game through Epic and access your characters, but you wouldn't be able to access some content that you only own on a single platform.

All gear/cosmetics you obtain will be accessible between platforms but your access to the stasis subclasses, campaign missions, etc., will not.

Example: if you play on Epic and log out with a stasis class equipped, then log in on Steam, your subclass will be changed automatically to something like Solar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
im reading all of this and all i can think is "yep, bungie is fucking retarded"

game should be f2p minus the latest expansion at all times

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah if D2 worked like FFXIV I don't think there would be nearly as many problems onboarding people.

Anyway this is a nice come-up for anybody that's F2P still and doesn't mind linking an Epic account.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Some numbers from today's TWID for the year:

The Craftening:
  • There were 2.8M weapons crafted during The Craftening, of which 559K were Ammit AR2.
Root of Nightmares:
  • 28.7M attempts by 1.6M Guardians.
  • 14.8M clears by 1.2M Guardians.
Crota's End:
  • 16.4M attempts by 1.1M Guardians.
  • 6.2M clears by 690K Guardians.
Ghosts of the Deep:
  • 19.8M attempts by 1.3M Guardians.
  • 8.4M clears by 1.1M Guardians.
Warlord's Ruin:
  • 4.9M attempts by 687K Guardians.
  • 2.0M clears by 528K Guardians.

Ghosts of the Deep has maintained 41k clears per day average for the six months but Warlord's Ruin is currently averaging over 150k/day in its two week run. It's so much better than Ghosts was, I wonder what numbers will look like over time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I used the LFG tool for the Warlords Ruin and one shot everything on normal with no mics. Surprisingly the only difficult part was the jail cells that someone kept fucking up as I called the 3 clockwise. But after 3 tries we broke out, lol. Rest was EZ with 3 peeps.

Have not tried but I hear its massive dmg on the last boss when you use hunter, lucky pants and Malfeasance.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Soloed this today, not bad. Had a few problems with the boss phase but changed up my load out to a onslaught breakneck and it helped me to clear the adds a bit better, plus Dragons Breath makes quick work of the boss. Trick is to clear out the 2 cabal dudes as quick as possible they dont respawn at least for a while and it clears the way for you a bit more to run around in a circle around the arena.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Anyone have general advice for how to get started on this game as a new player? I've seen various guides, but they don't give a lot of context on how one is supposed to build a character. I've been doing missions as I see them in the quest log (despite that the game keeps suggesting dungeons to me and they don't seem solo-friendly and I can't use the fireteam finder yet), but I'm a bit confused about gear progression. Do I just keep using whatever gear has the highest power until I hit the cap? Is there any point to crafting/customizing/questing for gear until then?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So for PVE you wand high resilience which is DR, Recovery used to be important because its how fast you start to regen health after you take dmg. But these days most classes have some sort of healing so its not that important for PVE but one of the main stats you want to have high for PVP. Dicscipline is your grenade cool down, int is your super cool down, mobility is basically a hunter stat since its their dodge cool down which in turn procs a lot of their abilities. For other classes mobility is your strafe speed. Which is sort of important in PvP. But not as important as nades and recovery.

So for PVE go for something like this...
1703467843499.png

As for aspects and other shit inside of your class, I would look up some popular builds on Youtube. Unusually they are tied to some exotic armor piece so you have to make sure you farm those out inside of legend lost sectors. But dont worry about that until you reach 1800 or 1810 power.

As for leveling they have missions for some exotic pieces now. So make sure you do those. Just visit all the NPC at the tower and some will give you exotic missions like this...

1703468249271.png

And just keep grinding until you reach the soft cap of 1800 power. Then it will take pinnacle rewards to get from 1800 to 1810 which is the pinnacle cap. It really does not matter what you wear while youre leveling up, just make sure your resilience is high since its straight up damage resistance. Thats the one stat I would have as high as you can get it.

And then when you do reach 1800 or 1810 is the time to start hunting for high stat armor. Which you can just focus from the seasonal vendor. go to the helm and then visit riven, as you do the seasonal activity you will get seasonal engrams which you can focus into higher stat armor pieces to start building up your stats. You can equip your ghost mod with a discipline armorer which sort of forces the stats to lean on the top 3 rows of your armor which are the most important. You want nice spikey stats on your armor which are 64+ like the below....

1703469352406.png

1703469309052.png

1703468683593.png
1703468749984.png

the first is masterworked which gives it that +12, basically +2 to every stat, and then a discipline mod added to give it +10 discipline. The second hunter leg armor is jsut a raw non masterworked piece how you will get it from the vendor.

Go to the DIM (destiny item manager) website and log in. This will allow you to drag and drop weapons and gear from the vault to your characters and back and forth from character to character. Also go to D2 Armor Picker, which will scan all of your gear and allow you to make builds with the stats you want so you dont have to do the maths...Like below...

1703469151962.png

This will allow you to select the stats you want to make 100 or 80 or whatever, then on the right it will show you what gear it will take to get there what modes to equip on the gear and also how much in mats this will cost to masterwork them.

Dungeons are an end game activity so until you have a proper build and are at least 1800 I would stay away. Perfect way to get to 1800 is jsut to do the strike playlist and do the bounties wherever you can do them from the strike playlist, PvP, gambit, seasonal, gunsmith, etc... They are a nice way to level up your seasonal pass which also gives you some nice high stat set of armor.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
So for PVE you wand high resilience which is DR, Recovery used to be important because its how fast you start to regen health after you take dmg. But these days most classes have some sort of healing so its not that important for PVE but one of the main stats you want to have high for PVP. Dicscipline is your grenade cool down, int is your super cool down, mobility is basically a hunter stat since its their dodge cool down which in turn procs a lot of their abilities. For other classes mobility is your strafe speed. Which is sort of important in PvP. But not as important as nades and recovery.

View attachment 505702

As for aspects and other shit inside of your class, I would look up some popular builds on Youtube. Unusually they are tied to some exotic armor piece so you have to make sure you farm those out inside of legend lost sectors. But dont worry about that until you reach 1800 or 1810 power.

As for leveling they have missions for some exotic pieces now. So make sure you do those. Just visit all the NPC at the tower and some will give you exotic missions like this...

View attachment 505703

And just keep grinding until you reach the soft cap of 1800 power. Then it will take pinnacle rewards to get from 1800 to 1810 which is the pinnacle cap. It really does not matter what you wear while youre leveling up, just make sure your resilience is high since its straight up damage resistance. Thats the one stat I would have as high as you can get it.

And then when you do reach 1800 or 1810 is the time to start hunting for high stat armor. Which you can just focus from the seasonal vendor. go to the helm and then visit riven, as you do the seasonal activity you will get seasonal engrams which you can focus into higher stat armor pieces to start building up your stats. You can equip your ghost mod with a discipline armorer which sort of forces the stats to lean on the top 3 rows of your armor which are the most important. You want nice spikey stats on your armor which are 64+ like the below....

View attachment 505708

View attachment 505707

View attachment 505704View attachment 505705

the first is masterworked which gives it that +12, basically +2 to every stat, and then a discipline mod added to give it +10 discipline. The second hunter leg armor is jsut a raw non masterworked piece how you will get it from the vendor.

Go to the DIM (destiny item manager) website and log in. This will allow you to drag and drop weapons and gear from the vault to your characters and back and forth from character to character. Also go to D2 Armor Picker, which will scan all of your gear and allow you to make builds with the stats you want so you dont have to do the maths...Like below...

View attachment 505706

This will allow you to select the stats you want to make 100 or 80 or whatever, then on the right it will show you what gear it will take to get there what modes to equip on the gear and also how much in mats this will cost to masterwork them.

Thanks man, that helps a bunch. I appreciate the effort of the writeup.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah NP, just let us know if you have any more questions. Not sure about the content you bought into but its also good to do the campaign too.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy

View attachment 505702

View attachment 505703

View attachment 505708

View attachment 505707

View attachment 505704View attachment 505705

View attachment 505706

Dungeons are an end game activity so until you have a proper build and are at least 1800 I would stay away. Perfect way to get to 1800 is jsut to do the strike playlist and do the bounties wherever you can do them from the strike playlist, PvP, gambit, seasonal, gunsmith, etc... They are a nice way to level up your seasonal pass which also gives you some nice high stat set of armor.

Don't forget for Warlocks their rift cooldown is reduced by Recovery and Titans their barricade is reduced by Resilience.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Even without the seasonal activities that's a lot of content for $70. The two dungeons that are missing are cool but don't have "must-have" loots.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well its a story that usually lasts like 8 weeks or so and resets with new chapter every Tuesday. This season they have an exotic bow tied to the seasonal story. Plus they have 8 guns you can grind for, even craft the ones you like if you get the 5 red borders which you can pick and choose which perks you want on them. Season pass has an exotic rocket launcher which is worth every penny of the $10 or whatever a season costs. The thing is beast mode. Plus you get some mats and a full purple armor set with decent stats and a full armor transmog. Plus its an easy way to get pinnacle rewards, but its not super important to do. Its more of some activities to do to grind out some weapons and armor.

The seasonal content also drops reprised dreaming city weapons from forsaken, along with a new perk pool. They are all decent guns too. Random rolls so you cant craft these but there is a sword, scout, hand cannon, snipe and AR. You can also get these running the well in the dreaming city which is a match made activity and I think its available to everyone, which also got a reprisal this season with harder enemies and also drop a shit ton of different weapons from all of this years different seasons and cores.

But honestly if you are into the game and liking it, I would get the entire year season pass thing because since they pushed back the release of the next expansion to summer, means this season is super long which will allow you more time to grind out the past 3 seasons stories and grind out the craftable weapons. Which each season has its own 8 or so guns plus armor. Its actually on sale right now on steam if you are playing this on PC. Its a good way to build up your arsenal of decent purple weapons.

But most of these activities are meant for 1800+ power, so you will have to get there first.

Oh if you haven't already, and not sure if you have the witch queen content, but if you do, go visit the enclave. They will have some noob quests to craft a few weapons, one of them is a beastly AR you basically get for free.
1703661673429.png
Perfect for this seasons artifact which is mostly solar. I dont think I took this off for an entire season when I crafted it. Make sure you craft it with incandescent. This place it will give you a tutorial on how to craft shit, or modify already crafted stuff.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
How important is the seasonal content?

Usually just a vehicle for obtaining some weapons and delivering weekly story beats. Each season comes with a 3 or 6 man activity that you repeat each week to get your new stuff. If you purchase LF deluxe you will have four seasonal quest lines from this year all vying for your attention and asking for you to follow the same weekly steps. These activities (Defiant Battlegrounds, Salvages/Deep Dives, Altars of Summoning/Savathun's Spire and now Riven's Coil) will be gone once the next expansion drops.

Seasons also have an exotic mission attached to them but they will be added to a rotator node on the map over time so you can go back and do them. Otherwise seasons just include more guns to fill your arsenal with, some seasons more impactful than others in that regard but you still have hundreds of options.

That said I would probably watch seasonal story recap videos on YouTube to minimize the "what the fuck is going on" factor.

Fadaar

That guy
Really the only big thing for seasonal stuff is the sets of craftable weapons that are easy to farm before they go into the gigantic ass global loot pool once the next expansion comes out. Even then most of the weapons aren't that great but there are some absolute gods like the Calus Mini-Tool from season 17 and Ikelos weapons from season 19. Thankfully that free Ammit mkopec posted about fills a very similar role as the Mini-Tool.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah honestly there have been very few weapons this year in seasonal shit that has me saying I NEED TO HAVE THIS. I crafted a few, some I just got the 5 red borders and never even crafted them. But for a noob thats just started every legendary gun is good, especially crafted ones with the perks you choose vs RNG.

The two weapons that are really good this season are in the world drop with RNG perks, the Ros Arago with onslaught its like a funnelweb on crack for a void build and for PvP but still does put in some work in PvE low content is the Heliocentric QSC. Plus the breakneck from Gambit can also roll with onslaught and its really good, even in pvp. The 450 RPM do really well in 6v6 PvP.

1703708255887.png
1703708196880.png
1703708603242.png