Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Running over wired or wireless? Thats typically the biggest issue.

Wired.

Both TVs are Samsung and I renamed the input to PC (which is actually a thing). It was improved but still seems sluggish.

Maybe it's the TVs? They're between 3-5 years old. I haven't spent a ton of time researching the issue, but I'd eventually like to do all my PC gaming from the couch in the den. Right now I only play FPS at my desk because of the controller lag.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wired.

Both TVs are Samsung and I renamed the input to PC (which is actually a thing). It was improved but still seems sluggish.

Maybe it's the TVs? They're between 3-5 years old. I haven't spent a ton of time researching the issue, but I'd eventually like to do all my PC gaming from the couch in the den. Right now I only play FPS at my desk because of the controller lag.

What is the TV model and is it in game mode?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

No, I was just reading about game mode.

I feel like I would have seen that when cruising through the menus but apparently I didn't.

I also thought I read that changing the input title to PC would bypass all video processing, apparently that's an actual thing with Samsung TVs.

I'll look for game mode tonight.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I have a Steam Link and Nvidia Shield (different rooms) and I feel like I have a lot of controller lag on both. Any suggestions? Do you have issues with latency? I tried streaming Doom and it was like playing in molasses.

You mentioned Samsung - I run my steamlink (Over 5ghz wireless) and have zero issues. I run my Steamlink through HDMI 4 on my receiver (Acting as the switch). On Samsung displays, you have to navigate to Menu > Set up > General - then look for Game mode and make sure it is enabled or turned on. It will eliminate all post processing and anything to do with making your picture look better - but you should see a huge decrease in input lag. If that doesn't work, throw Steamlink to the TV/Recever through HDMI while keeping game mode enabled. Make sure when you are done playing, you re-enable whatever preset you have for movies, shows, sports, etc. I have all mine set up now. (Samsung 55" 1080p
UN55F6300

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

You mentioned Samsung - I run my steamlink (Over 5ghz wireless) and have zero issues. I run my Steamlink through HDMI 4 on my receiver (Acting as the switch). On Samsung displays, you have to navigate to Menu > Set up > General - then look for Game mode and make sure it is enabled or turned on. It will eliminate all post processing and anything to do with making your picture look better - but you should see a huge decrease in input lag. If that doesn't work, throw Steamlink to the TV/Recever through HDMI.

Thank you, seems silly that I didn't see that. Will try tonight!

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Looks like the BB preorder comes with an exotic trace rifle - no idea if others have exotic bonuses as well

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So apparently you can trick the game into allowing you to use aim assist with KB/M. Which explains why a few PVP matches I was just getting shit stomped by people so quickly.

Kind of a joke. I'd say that's one thing that if it's not removed would be a quick way for me to cancel that preorder I was so excited about yesterday. The feature should be removed from PC entirely. If someone wants to play with a controller, play it on a fucking console and don't shit up the game for everyone else.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think if you have a controller plugged in then you can pick aim assist. I'm not positive with that but I noticed I had that option when going through settings. I always leave a controller plugged into my comp. I'll try and see later tonight when I get home.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I think if you have a controller plugged in then you can pick aim assist. I'm not positive with that but I noticed I had that option when going through settings. I always leave a controller plugged into my comp. I'll try and see later tonight when I get home.

I hadn't looked too closely but I think that option was available to me last night. I have a super basic logitech controller plugged in solely for Rocket League.

If so L-O-Fucking-L

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So apparently you can trick the game into allowing you to use aim assist with KB/M. Which explains why a few PVP matches I was just getting shit stomped by people so quickly.

Kind of a joke. I'd say that's one thing that if it's not removed would be a quick way for me to cancel that preorder I was so excited about yesterday. The feature should be removed from PC entirely. If someone wants to play with a controller, play it on a fucking console and don't shit up the game for everyone else.

I can confirm this. You have a controller plugged in, turn on aim assist, use your KB/M and aim assist works while using your KB/M. Haha :)

They need to force aim assist off anytime anyone is controlling via KB/M. But that causes inherent issues too because people will be typing in the game as a form of comms through battle net.

In other words, that wasn't carefully thought out. But that's why they have a beta so they have time to fix it, or screw PvP on PC being viable/fun/competitive.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No, I was just reading about game mode.

I feel like I would have seen that when cruising through the menus but apparently I didn't.

I also thought I read that changing the input title to PC would bypass all video processing, apparently that's an actual thing with Samsung TVs.

I'll look for game mode tonight.

The best test you can do to get a general idea of input lag and if it has made an improvement is one of those free pinball games on ps4, xbox whatever. I had a tv where it was unplayable without game mode on and using the flippers was the perfect test for response time.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can confirm this. You have a controller plugged in, turn on aim assist, use your KB/M and aim assist works while using your KB/M. Haha :)

They need to force aim assist off anytime anyone is controlling via KB/M. But that causes inherent issues too because people will be typing in the game as a form of comms through battle net.

In other words, that wasn't carefully thought out. But that's why they have a beta so they have time to fix it, or screw PvP on PC being viable/fun/competitive.
From what I'm reading, it sounds like the PC aim assist is also significantly larger than it is for console. Something like as long as you're within 2/3 of the body of your opponent, it snaps to their head.

So even just as a straight KB/M vs controller, the controller player should own with auto-head shots. It's almost like whoever made that decision has never played a PC FPS before.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Overwatch did the same thing and then got removed. Completely retarded to try and keep it in and not expect "clever use of game mechanics" to exploit a built in aimbot.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It's going to be hard playing the PS4 version for two months knowing the PC version is around the corner. I played the first game a ton and it never bothered me, but after playing this beta I'm bummed with the PC version delay. If it weren't for the extra content I'd probably just wait and not get the PS4 version at all.

Caliane

calling it a beta was a bad idea.
this is a very very limited demo. So limited, all it does is leave me thinking, "this game sucks balls".
dumped from tutorial into "the director". I hope "the director" is purely a demo thing. because that is total shit.
Preset characters. how much customization is there actually?

tutorial and pve mission are both just hallways. Neither are impressive or give any hope for any reasonable pve.
hallways, with waste of time dead ends. will the actual game have ammo and loot chests in these various side rooms, etc?

Ammo sucks balls. HUD for picking up ammo also sucks. objects that can and can not be interacted with as well.

I was really not impressed with this at all. the game might be good, but this demo does not give adequate indication of what this game could be. well, unless it does, wherein, this game sucks.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Caliane, on the plus side, all your questions will have 2 months to be answered.

I'd say PC gamers are kind of lucky in that if the game does end up being a pile of shit, we'll know ahead of time.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
calling it a beta was a bad idea.
this is a very very limited demo. So limited, all it does is leave me thinking, "this game sucks balls".
dumped from tutorial into "the director". I hope "the director" is purely a demo thing. because that is total shit.
Preset characters. how much customization is there actually?

tutorial and pve mission are both just hallways. Neither are impressive or give any hope for any reasonable pve.
hallways, with waste of time dead ends. will the actual game have ammo and loot chests in these various side rooms, etc?

Ammo sucks balls. HUD for picking up ammo also sucks. objects that can and can not be interacted with as well.

I was really not impressed with this at all. the game might be good, but this demo does not give adequate indication of what this game could be. well, unless it does, wherein, this game sucks.
Yea, the beta is a bit too limited in regards to PvE, they really should have opened up one of the Patrol areas given how they have added so much to that aspect of the game.