Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
60 fps is borderline peasantry now, get with the program.

You keep on living the dream working towards that cyperpower pc pro gamer sponsorship with your 144mhz refresh rate. I'll stick to my glorious 55 inch HDR 4k at 60fps. Also if you don't own the mouse @Brahma has, you are a pleb too.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I turned film grain off as well. The latest nvidia drivers, 385.41, does say it supports Destiny 2 Open beta but I haven't downloaded it yet, no problems at all running on a 1080 against a really old ass nvidia build.

Its also not 20% more content on PS4 - its simply 1 extra strike, 1 extra PVP map, and an exclusive ship (no big deal) and exotic weapon. Y1 Destiny also had similar exclusive items every DLC/xpac, not sure if Destiny 2 will have that as well.

I'd be more concerned with DLC release dates, if they don't match parity with consoles it'd kinda suck hearing people complete new raids and stuff a month before the PC version is out.

If you have GCU the pc version of destiny is $48+tax and you get $10 in RZ points back, usually within 10 days. It is a "physical box" with just an imprint of a key inside you activate on battle.net. I set mine to store pickup, usually you can pick it up the night before around 9pm but YMMV. I've been keeping an eye on eBay for nvidia keys (REQUIRE a 1080/ti to activate) but they all sell for $45+, fuck that
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/destiny-2-windows/5807908.p?skuId=5807908

OOh Thanks :) I just got the game for 37 bucks :)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You keep on living the dream working towards that cyperpower pc pro gamer sponsorship with your 144mhz refresh rate. I'll stick to my glorious 55 inch HDR 4k at 60fps. Also if you don't own the mouse @Brahma has, you are a pleb too.

Ah the big comfy couch argument. The last bastion of the peasant.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not liking the Ghost dialogue in D2 from all that I've seen/heard, its like the Ghost is the main character. The "comic relief" aspect of its dialogue is going to become cringe worth really quickly. In D1 with Dinklage the dialogue was mostly serious in tone, but got kinda bad towards the end when he lost whatever enthusiasm he had with the game/job. Then we got Nolan North in TTK and that was pretty great, but now it seems the dialogue team has went overboard... I already wish I could hit mute during the demo strike.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
In case anyone wants a taste of 1440p/60 (was playing at 100) ultra wide. Here's me fumbling through the intro w/ a Warlock.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looks like Target is getting Ghosts, gonna have to pick one up for my shelf.
u0nJ4eg.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Good marks. I was at 1440p and definitely over 60 frames with my 1070 GTX.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I figured out why I thought the gameplay sucked. Hunters suck. Dodge on a forever cooldown is not a good ability. That throwing knife was about the only good skill.

Warlocks are fucking pro.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I'll just plan on streaming it to my TV via Steam Link if I want the best of both worlds. Did it for Witcher 3 and that was fine so despite being more twitch style gaming I don't expect problems.

I have a Steam Link and Nvidia Shield (different rooms) and I feel like I have a lot of controller lag on both. Any suggestions? Do you have issues with latency? I tried streaming Doom and it was like playing in molasses.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have a Steam Link and Nvidia Shield (different rooms) and I feel like I have a lot of controller lag on both. Any suggestions? Do you have issues with latency? I tried streaming Doom and it was like playing in molasses.
Running over wired or wireless? Thats typically the biggest issue.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Running over wired or wireless? Thats typically the biggest issue.

There are also latency and bandwidth settings that sometimes default to the lowest setting (Mine showed up that way). I found a guide to bump it up to even higher than the highest setting and it made it playable on wireless where it wasn't before.