Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wasn't impressed by the PC performance at all. Doom has the same level of graphics and performs way better. They have a shitload of optimization to do and I hope the "magical" full release build fixes it. I have my doubts. With that said it's a huge improvement over playing Destiny on the PS4.

Edit: There is some FOV bug. I turned it down to 100 and then back up to 105. The game feels much much better now. Weird!

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
After wrecking noobs with the Xim on the PS4 in the original Destiny, good lord what a huge difference legit mouse support makes. Game plays so so well.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I wasn't impressed by the PC performance at all. Doom has the same level of graphics and performs way better. They have a shitload of optimization to do and I hope the "magical" full release build fixes it. I have my doubts. With that said it's a huge improvement over playing Destiny on the PS4.

You're insane. The game runs like butter and is optimized as hell. 100+ fps on high settings, which looks as good as Doom, btw, at 3440x1440. That's un-optimized to you? Shit, I can bump down AO from 3D and move DoF to High (btw if you are on AMD doing this will double your performance) and run everything else on the highest setting and still get 80-90 fps. Not being able to run a game with all the bells and whistles doesn't mean it's not optimized, it just means your rig isn't capable.

I'm as big a Doom fanboy as you'll find, but I'm almost positive that Doom doesn't run any better on this same machine. And even if it does, which I'll find out in about 30 minutes when this monster patch downloads, you're talking about a unicorn of a game compared to 99% of the other titles released on PC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rocking an old 750TI because I'm waiting for year end sales to upgrade the comp, and the game's running smooth and beautiful even on that.

Never played Destiny 1, or pretty much any FPS since N64, but having a good time blowing shit away with a gatling gun.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Rocking an old 750TI because I'm waiting for year end sales to upgrade the comp, and the game's running smooth and beautiful even on that.
That's what i am using too and have no complaints on performance.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Wasn't thrilled, got a ways thru to where you first get picked up in the one ship and dropped off on the command ship, a few mini boses in.

Had to afk since theres no pause. Went to some blacked out screen with flashes thought it bombed my computer, but on key press went to a character select. On load in though dropped me to the very start.....

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I missed a few pages so I dunno if anyone had any more info on progression being cross region, and while I couldn't find where I read it would be I did find a tweet confirming that it is, in fact, cross region progression.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Two things so far i've encountered in the Beta that's gonna take some getting used to:

Maybe i'm just spoiled from other FPS, but god damn does this whole "don't press Sprint when reloading or it will interrupt the reload" shit annoy the hell out of me. I'm constantly finding myself reloading, sprinting away then stopping to only find 2 bullets in my mag cause i'm an idiot.

The second thing, which i'm sure is something i'll see more on live due to it actually making sense there, but 1 out of every 3 Strikes I join, people just bum rush the boss when possible, ignoring all the mobs along the way. Do these people not realize we don't get to actually KEEP the gear we get in Beta? What the fuck is the point of rushing the boss in the only PvE content we have in Beta for gear we won't even get to keep? Shit, kill mobs, have fun, it's Beta for fucks sake.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Not really impressed to be honest. Yeah the game runs great but the PvP so far is just a joke, just bunny hopping around and somehow you get one shot while your shots don't do shit? Not saying my aim is perfect but this is a terrible experience so far.

• 1Worf

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Was planning on playing Hunter at release. Did a Titan in D1. Anyone have any feedback on how Hunter seems?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Checked the game out, did the little story shit and the strike, was alright. Died a bunch of times, seemed like the melee ultimate for Hunter isn't very boss friendly, everytime I went to melee the boss he'd just do a stomp, meanwhile I could just stay at range and spam headshots for about the same result without any risk. I'll keep an eye on console stuff and see if I buy it when it releases or sometimes later or whatever.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
The PC version is so well done, gonna suck to play it on Xbox One for six weeks. Aim Assist is getting fixed, it was on Reddit today.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Meh. It's OK. It's Call of Destiny: Vex Ops

Did the intro and strike, really disappointing it's exactly like everything in D1. I mean it's really... no different. Boss shooty, pillar. Unsafe pillar, scramble to next. Shooty boss in hurty spot. Repeat.

I'm sure there's better guns and maybe better strikes/missions available but it certainly didn't sell me that D2 was everything D1 promised but more. In fact it's actually what D1 delivered. Again. I guess. Port is fine, but the gunplay isn't precise enough to bother on a PC. I guess I'll just pick this up on PS4 at some point.

• 1Worf

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not really impressed to be honest. Yeah the game runs great but the PvP so far is just a joke, just bunny hopping around and somehow you get one shot while your shots don't do shit? Not saying my aim is perfect but this is a terrible experience so far.

There's like crazy ass aim assist on the PC for some reason. Plug in a controller and you'll be making head shots with a handcannon even if your aim is like 20 feet off.

Game is like Destiny 1.1. The game looks and feels just like the first, almost to a fault. I'm fighting the same enemies, the locations look the same. I mean I had a lot of fun while playing Destiny 1 but do I want to do it again? I heard they really improved the game in the last few DLC's any truth to that? And whats gonna be the OP class this go around? I remember rerolling to a Warlock in the first game cause the self rez was so good.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The starting guns for the warlock are so much better than the ones for the Titan. I didn't realize how bad they were until I gave Warlock a shot.

• 1Like

Caliane

what is level cap? is it the 20 of the demo?
And, class specs, subclasses? does the demo represent the full range of variation?