Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't impressed by the PC performance at all. Doom has the same level of graphics and performs way better. They have a shitload of optimization to do

This is the best troll from you I have seen in a long time.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
what is level cap? is it the 20 of the demo?
And, class specs, subclasses? does the demo represent the full range of variation?

You're stuck at 20 for the demo, two subclasses are fully unlocked to play with I'm not sure if all 3 are in D2, I'm not sure what your last question is asking exactly.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The starting guns for the warlock are so much better than the ones for the Titan. I didn't realize how bad they were until I gave Warlock a shot.

THIS! My buds had like 100+ kills. I was at like 60. Swapped to Warlock and I was like WTF is going on here? 100+ kills.

Hekotat

Anyone know how digital downloads work from Gamestop? I have a shitload of credit but I don't want to be stuck with some shit Gamestop download client, I'm assuming it's a code for Battle.net but I want to be sure.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what is level cap? is it the 20 of the demo?
And, class specs, subclasses? does the demo represent the full range of variation?
No. There is one more subclass, and one more "spec" for each that you will be able to earn at release, not sure how long it will take to unlock the other subclass or specs. I'm assuming that lvl cap is 20 until the first DLC.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone know how digital downloads work from Gamestop? I have a shitload of credit but I don't want to be stuck with some shit Gamestop download client, I'm assuming it's a code for Battle.net but I want to be sure.
Not sure, kinda curious. My nephew did a digital pre-order through Gamestop as well, but they haven't released the key for it yet so that he can start the download. Asked a guy at GS and all he knew is that they have to wait for Bungie to tell them to release their codes, but he said to start checking after the 30th. If you did the pre-order at an actual store, you take the receipt in, and if the codes are ready to be given out, you finish paying off the game and they give you the code. I imagine that if you did the pre-order online, you'll get some email?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Did the tutorial part up to the main menu (selecting strike / multi player) and it absolutely plays better on PC, but overall nothing that made me think I need it on PC above PS4. Especially not restarting a 2 month progression. Maybe a GOTY with all DLC on sale down the line, but unless PS4 and PC characters are carried similarly to Final Fantasy 14, I doubt I will double dip. Especially since I have the deluxe edition with the season pass included on PS4.

However, if I could progress the same characters on both, I would most definitely double dip.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ladro

Anomaly
However, if I could progress the same characters on both, I would most definitely double dip.

I think they've said they won't transfer, but would need to find the source. It's honestly pretty shitty that they won't since it's definitely not a technology problem; it's just a database copy really with maybe some ETL. I'm still going to double dip simply because I have friends that will only play this on PC when it comes out.

spronk

FPS noob

its always native codes, i've ordered steam and ps4 and xbox digital games from them a few times and always gotten the steam/ps4/xbox code. Always bought existing digital games though, never pre order, not sure exactly when you get the codes that way.

if you have a gamestop store near you, don't bother buying a code for the game, instead just buy a currency card for the store itself. You can definitely buy steam, PSN, xbox, nintendo, and origin wallet cards, I'm not 100% sure about battle.net though although I thought I read that Destiny 2 would pop up on the steam store too

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

I think they've said they won't transfer, but would need to find the source. It's honestly pretty shitty that they won't since it's definitely not a technology problem; it's just a database copy really with maybe some ETL. I'm still going to double dip simply because I have friends that will only play this on PC when it comes out.

They said they wouldn't but there is a huge thread on Reddit calling for it, they're only hurting themselves financially by not doing this. Cross saves would be a huge moneymaker and I don't see why they couldn't do it. Hell, even I would double dip just to partake in PS4 exclusives and couch play if I could use the same character.

Ladro

Anomaly
They said they wouldn't but there is a huge thread on Reddit calling for it, they're only hurting themselves financially by not doing this. Cross saves would be a huge moneymaker and I don't see why they couldn't do it. Hell, even I would double dip just to partake in PS4 exclusives and couch play if I could use the same character.

Yeah the customer satisfaction part of it is huge. Hell, just make it a paid copy thing and I'm sure people would do it for $5 or $10. I have to imagine it has something to do with the Sony agreement though... they haven't been playing nice with the cross-console connectivity thing why would they allow cross character access when it just hurts their platform?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I assume I am playing this game wrong, as I've been punching more mooks to death than shooting them.

• 1Worf

Hekotat

Yeah the customer satisfaction part of it is huge. Hell, just make it a paid copy thing and I'm sure people would do it for $5 or $10. I have to imagine it has something to do with the Sony agreement though... they haven't been playing nice with the cross-console connectivity thing why would they allow cross character access when it just hurts their platform?

But the save files are based on Bungo's servers. If your account is tied to it I guess I don't understand how it wouldn't work, maybe I'm misunderstanding how the back-end works.

Ladro

Anomaly
But the save files are based on Bungo's servers. If your account is tied to it I guess I don't understand how it wouldn't work, maybe I'm misunderstanding how the back-end works.
Backends are provided by the service provider, game just hooks into their services. So PSN's character service is totally different from XBL and B.Net's. All three would have to play nice with data integration to handle any transfer or use on another service.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The PC version is so well done, gonna suck to play it on Xbox One for six weeks. Aim Assist is getting fixed, it was on Reddit today.
Source? I can't find anything, and if this goes unchanged I'm probably going to cancel my order.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Source? I can't find anything, and if this goes unchanged I'm probably going to cancel my order.
Me too.

Although from what I've heard, D1 wasn't really about PVP anyway? It sounds like it was just kind of a side show.

There's a lot of negativity out there about D2 being essentially D1.5, but as a PC gamer I'm kind of okay with it. This is my first and only opportunity to play a Destiny game. I'm hoping the PVP is more of a factor than it sounds like it is. And I kind of wish they had 4 person strikes. But otherwise I'm cautiously optimistic about the whole thing.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
The PVP scene in D1 was huge for a long time, with casual mode, casual+ (lotta grinding with iron banner), and then "hardcore" mode with weekend trials, where teams of 3s would face off other premade teams of 3 and you only got custom trials loot for basically winning games. Very similar to Wow in unranked and ranked PVP.

The biggest issue was that balance was all over the place, with one class / spec / weapon type being hugely superior to all others for long periods of time, and the meta game changing with every big patch. Once you learned it, it wasn't a big deal, unless your a newbie and didn't know. Some of the weapons required a lot of grinding / luck as well to get, nothing insane but like running a PVE strike 200 times to get a PVP weapon kinda thing or grinding 100 PVE bounties to get your thorn bounty and exotic weapon, and thorn raped face for many months.

D2 is gonna more or less carry out the same thing, but instead of 6v6 casual and 3v3 pro it'll be 4v4 everywhere now. I'm sure the meta and balance will be fucked as usual, the really bad thing the last year or two of Destiny was that they would constantly fuck with PVE to balance PVP, and that looks like it is getting even worse in Destiny 2 given a lot of the weapon changes seem directly caused by PVP -- like snipers used to be a second weapon that were very useful in PVE, now they are a heavy weapon.

spronk

FPS noob
oh yeah thats probably right then, i saw the silver thing and never read the follow ups. if you have shit loads of gold on your old wow account you can also reactivate it with a 30 day card or whatever, sell all that gold for blizzard coins (?) and then buy D2 with blizzard coins, i'm not sure the exact mechanism but i know wow gold has paid for a lot of D2 purchases