Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I think you only need to do PEs to get the initial drop, then any kills will move progress forward until it tells you to go back to the shard.

It said public events with other players, I beat a few solo and the % bar didn't move.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It said public events with other players, I beat a few solo and the % bar didn't move.
Yea, its odd. I think I got the artifact via high-value target chests, and only had to kill random mobs to finish its kill request, though the 3rd subclass artifact took waaaaaaaay longer than the 2nd.

General question, if anyone has gotten the Wardcliff Coil rocket launcher... how the hell do you use it? It seems like a piece of shit exotic, sorta. There is no reticle if you ADS, and the rockets just seem to fly wherever, if they manage to all hit your target, it does good damage, but most of the time they seem to actively avoid the damn target.

Also, is Xur coming back tomorrow, and what currency will he use?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I think you only need to do PEs to get the initial drop, then any kills will move progress forward until it tells you to go back to the shard.

yup. it said "play alongside other guardians" or something, so any matchmaking thing should work. got my subclass thing from a PQ last night and logged off. did my two crucible matches first thing for milestone this morning and it leveled the subclass up to where it unlocked the quest to get it.

also Gunslinger is much more fun than arcstrider for hunter imo. what's the 3rd hunter subclass?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got to around level 10. So far so good, my main complaint is the gear so far. Seemed a huge step backward from D1 in pretty much every way.

I've gotten one exotic engram so far, turned into a helm with perks that are equivalent to shit we saw on green gear in D1

Last edited:

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Also my 10 year old LED tv is going out so all colors are green. I can't see what items are what level lol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got to around level 10. So far so good, my main complaint is the gear so far. Seemed a huge step backward from D1 in pretty much every way.

I've gotten one exotic engram so far, turned into a helm with perks that are equivalent to shit we saw on green gear in D1
I think Bungie decided to have mods allow you to customize your gear, you get a LOT of mods from Bright Engrams. Question will be if gear will how multiple mod slots.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Exotics have multiple mod slots. Assume purple armor does too.

I'm lvl 11 and have two exotic armor so far. One from storyline mission, one from Shaxx's crucible call to arms mission.

Gunslinger is much more fun than arcstrider for hunter imo. what's the 3rd hunter subclass?

Nightstalker from TTK.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Exotics have multiple mod slots. Assume purple armor does too.

I'm lvl 11 and have two exotic armor so far. One from storyline mission, one from Shaxx's crucible call to arms mission.
So sounds like wait to finish Shaxxs mission until level 20?

I have the storyline one already and another from a public event drop

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think Bungie decided to have mods allow you to customize your gear, you get a LOT of mods from Bright Engrams. Question will be if gear will how multiple mod slots.
Yeah that would fix my concern on the higher end, still sucks during the initial leveling that the gear is so bland

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Not sure if the levels are set or what. I got the exotic helm and a purple grenade launcher, both of which are 200+ and level 16 req when I finished quest at 11 / ~114.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I felt bad for my Ghost at first. Sounded like a poor scared little kid (After Ghaul throws you off the tower) and I felt bad for the little guy.

I am going camping this weekend and leaving tonight, back Sunday. So I will not be able to play until Sunday again but I hit level 10 last night and need to get to 11 to start io/lo whatever it is. Cayde-6 is hilarious so far.

Bungie, if you somehow fuck this entire thing up with Patches or piss poor DLC I am going to never buy one of your products ever again. But for now, you have redeemed yourselves.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I broke down and got this last night. I was going to wait a few weeks and see how the grind reviews were, but so many people with positives about this, I had to get it. Hit Lv12 and about 115 light last night. Great fucking story so far, 200% better than original D1, and even TTK, which was the pinnacle of D1 story telling IMO.

I like what they did with the weapon slots too. Kinetic, power, and heavy, in which they included snipers. Which will help the PvP game with fuckstains running around with nothing but their snipers as their primaries. Or hiding behind rocks in sniping lanes the entire match. That shit was beyond retarded in D1. Did not try any PvP yet, although I queued for a match, but it was taking too long to match up so I just said fuck it, back to the story. Im dying to find out how weapon mods work in this game, I guess they redid the entire perks thing, and now you find mods to equip onto your weapons? Seems cool.

The fucking gun play in this game just feels so awesome. Every gun has its own distinct feel to it, just like D1, I love it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Actually I just noticed that the quest cutoff is in like 4 days, so it must be a weekly. Might as well go ahead and finish it whenever you can, IMO.

Did not try any PvP yet, although I queued for a match, but it was taking too long to match up so I just said fuck it, back to the story.

I had better luck finding matches once I set my fireteam to public. Not sure if placebo effect, but give it a try.

Im dying to find out how weapon mods work in this game, I guess they redid the entire perks thing, and now you find mods to equip onto your weapons? Seems cool.

I got a package of my first mods from the Eververse merchant. Not sure what triggered her having the package. Blue items have one mod slot, exotics have three, I assume legendaries have two. Seems like there is going to be a lot of mod diversity but I only have the two types so far, 3 of each, and I haven't wanted to waste any of them on level up gear.