Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It's pretty damn fun so far. And I am a pessimist when it comes to bungie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I broke down and got the PS4 version because I couldn't wait two months to play. Made a Titan and will keep the Warlock on ice until pc release.

People keep saying this is Destiny 1.5, but it feels like any other sequel to me. Better graphics, new story, improvements everywhere. I played for 4 hours last night and only did like two main quests because of all the distractions, adventures, exploration. I'm not worried about running out of content any time soon based on last nights session. The game is a blast and is still the king of console gunplay.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Had alot of fun playing most of the day. Was only gonna be a few hours but me and a friend got hooked and ended up no lifing it today. The environments in this game are flawless so far and the soundtrack is great as expected.

Got an exotic engram at lvl 14 on a side mission thingy on earth. So tempted to decrypt...

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It is fun, no question. The one thing they nailed (and always have) is gunplay. It's just immensely satisfying changing weapons and thud them against aliens

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hi, why dont we tell Zavala where we got our light back so he and others can as well?

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've always championed in the console vs PC match to play where your bros play. I've played a shit ton of games on XB1 because my friends don't have PC's and now enough have PC's that I'll play this on PC and wait it out. But just do whatever your video game cohorts do. Unless you're some FPS snob in which case you should already know.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The core gameplay was already solid as hell so glad they didn't mess with it. Running around an open area killing tons of critters is so very satisfying.

The classes do feel like they have more 'power' to them now as I find myself using abilities more often instead of hoarding them like expendable potions.

There does seem to be some semblance of a story this time around, but more than anything this feels like a Destiny reboot more than a sequel. You even have your ghost introducing you to the various aliens as if you've never seen them before...

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ps what is a lost sector? Exploring on your own? Or those markers on the wall?
Yea, those markings indicate an entrance to a Lost Sector nearby. It would be nice if those had a bit of randomness to them in regards to the mobs inside, like how Strikes can have different mob types. So are the "Meditations" that Ikora gives you a Heroic version of a Story mission?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hi, why dont we tell Zavala where we got our light back so he and others can as well?
There wasn't enough juice in those Shards to give Light to everyone, Tyra Karn sorta asks that same question / answers it if you speak to her after completing the Story.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hit level 20 doing public events for 3rd subclass unlock, still on level 11 story quest...wups

• 1Worf

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hit level 20 doing public events for 3rd subclass unlock, still on level 11 story quest...wups
I think you only need to do PEs to get the initial drop, then any kills will move progress forward until it tells you to go back to the shard.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I did find myself accidentally leveling just by virtue of being caught in extended firefights and public events in EDZ. Playing a Warlock the new Rift abilities are very nice for this sort of content as it benefits everyone in the region and gets people coordinating through minimally conscious effort.

The review that said this is Destiny without the crap (paraphrasing) seems to be spot on. Mind you the proof will be had with the longer term grouping content and how grind it feels vs the visceral sensation of shooting aliens in the face.

I wasn't sure how I felt about having story elements from the 'bad guy' POV, but it works and actually enhances the story to have enemies that aren't just ravening hordes.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
This game is a fucking blast. Got sidetracked last night hunting public events. Really enjoying the map and quick travel features.

spronk

FPS noob
Finished the main story, the only minor XP gap I think is around 13 or 14, you have to do a little bit of public events or PVP or adventures to get to 15 for the next story mission. Really enjoyed the main story, great ending although it also sorta felt like the story was getting super good and then suddenly we jump to the ending, but I think tacking on another 10 hours of story would have pissed off a lot of people so I get it.

A lot of minor quality of life improvements like green/blue engrams auto decrypting to items, not having to equip your highest light gear anymore but the decryptor automatically figuring out each items highest light, not having the ghost take up an iLevel anymore, being able to open up the director from anywhere, REALLY huge maps for everything, etc.

The music imo was the best part of the game, there were some really epic music scores for tense moments, sometimes it got a little too "operatic" but it worked well I think. Only weird thing is I found a lot less nooks and crannies with hidden "stuff", like ghosts in D1. I found a few information spots, but not sure where that data goes.

Not sure how much I am really gonna be into the iLevel grind, I'll run strikes and PVP and nightfall a few times to max out my light and gear but probably only run the raid once. Nice thing is the platinum doesn't seem to require anything crazy, you don't even have to run the raid at the highest level but you can do nightfall in prestige (?) mode. I think.

like marvel movies, there was a post credits scene and i have no idea what the fuck was going on there

Mick

<Gold Donor>
The one thing that I noticed is that I really like the music compared to the first game.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You motherfuckers! I'm still gonna wait, if it had cross saves I'd be all over it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished the main story, the only minor XP gap I think is around 13 or 14, you have to do a little bit of public events or PVP or adventures to get to 15 for the next story mission. Really enjoyed the main story, great ending although it also sorta felt like the story was getting super good and then suddenly we jump to the ending, but I think tacking on another 10 hours of story would have pissed off a lot of people so I get it.

A lot of minor quality of life improvements like green/blue engrams auto decrypting to items, not having to equip your highest light gear anymore but the decryptor automatically figuring out each items highest light, not having the ghost take up an iLevel anymore, being able to open up the director from anywhere, REALLY huge maps for everything, etc.

The music imo was the best part of the game, there were some really epic music scores for tense moments, sometimes it got a little too "operatic" but it worked well I think. Only weird thing is I found a lot less nooks and crannies with hidden "stuff", like ghosts in D1. I found a few information spots, but not sure where that data goes.

Not sure how much I am really gonna be into the iLevel grind, I'll run strikes and PVP and nightfall a few times to max out my light and gear but probably only run the raid once. Nice thing is the platinum doesn't seem to require anything crazy, you don't even have to run the raid at the highest level but you can do nightfall in prestige (?) mode. I think.

like marvel movies, there was a post credits scene and i have no idea what the fuck was going on there
Post credits:
Yea, no idea who they were. The opening cutscene said that the Traveler destroyed its ancient enemy during the Collapse, but there is also some concept art from D1 showing those exact ships destroying a city / world, so maybe its just another fleet of the true Enemy. I hope its not Savathun's Fleet since it showed the fleet "wake up" and we already know that she is aware of Earth and is trying to get there.

Bungie has setup the DLC and expansion pretty well. I am curious what Mercury is going to look like after getting chewed on by the Almighty, lol.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Not too far into the game at this point but do have to agree with the music of the game. Pretty awesome.