Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah no way they can keep up with demand. Every DLC it feels like my destiny experience gets shorter and shorter. With vanilla I lasted months and months because it scratched that itch that world of warcraft had, always a treadmill of "ohhhh shiny new loot!" The two DLCs were very short lived though. Taken king was awesome but after around 40 days I was bored. RoI was 2-3 weeks. I already kinda feel bored of Destiny 2 after exactly one week, I'll still play a while but probably a lot more casually. I am still gonna double dip on PC, haven't bought the xpac content for either platform just waiting to see if bungie makes any announcements of PS4 getting it sooner/etc.

They do put out fun events like Iron Banner and the sparrow racing league but yeah major content drops are gonna be slow and eaten up within 3 days. Still, I feel like I got at least 50 hours of game out of D2 and I had a lot of fun doing it and I'll play on and off for a year at least. PVP definitely though has lost its charm for me, I'd rather play a game of PUBG or Titanfall 2 or even R6.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I've never really been a fan of the PvP outside of the events like iron banner. The rewards are garbage and there's no progression at all that goes along with it.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Same. Was never a big PVPer in D1.

Honestly if raid sucks, I might hold off picking it up for PC. I was excited for PC release but now I'm like, meh....

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Weekly engrams waiting for you before reset are automatically decrypted and sent to mailbox by the reset.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Nightfall: The Inverted Spire
Arcadian Valley, Nessus End the Red Legion expedition that has ripped open the planet's surface.

Modifiers
  • Prism: Your attacks matching the focused element deal increased damage. All other elemental damage is reduced. Kinetic and incoming damage is unaffected. The focused element rotates periodically.
  • Timewarp - Rings: Vex time gates have appeared in the area. Pass through them to discharge temporal energy and extend the mission timer.
Challenges
  • Speed Of Dark: Complete the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining.
  • Unbroken: Complete the Nightfall with fewer than 3 deaths.
  • The Floor Is Lava: As a fireteam, do not get hit by Protheon's fiery ground attack before defeating it.
Flashpoint: Nessus
Don't forget to buy the Treasure Maps from Cayde-6 as well.

Shaxx Milestone
You may need to visit Shaxx at The Tower to pick this up.

Meditations
  • Combustion
  • Riptide
  • Hope

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fun in this game was always farming that gear, from the looks of certain legendary armor and its perks, to all the legendary guns with different perks, etc. It seems like they kind of shot themselves in the foot with this "upgrade perks" thing this time around, because all the guns drop the same, all stock, or at least so far for me they do, and then you can add a perk or replace one etc.. This IMO while being better for the player in the short term, kind of takes away the grind aspect of people grinding strikes over and over for that perfect rolled imago loop, or whatever activity or item they were after.

Content will never keep up with the WoW crowd in this game. There is just no way. Lets just hope they have more in store for us than what we have, a raid, strikes, and PEs.

I liked the PvP in D1, I have probably like 700 hours in pure solo PvP in that game spread across 3 characters. But somehow this 4V4 shit is not the same. Smaller maps, tons of pre made groups, team shotting all over the place, cant choose what mode to go into. Balance is shit, this meta is all about ARs, mida and fusions or snipes, like first month of yr one D1 was. People are already dropping matches at the first sign of defeat, Its like they have not learned a thing. Its just not as fun as it was back in D1. In fact PvP just went on full regression mode. Fuck their e-sport bullshit, bring back the fun PvP of D1.

Hope they add back in the 6v6 and go bigger even with 8v8 or some shit or I dont see myself staying around like I did in D1.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what's the verdict on this for PVE-only, and playing solo the vast majority of the time except when it's needed for the Nightfall, raid, etc.? I forgot to cancel my preorder, and the game is still sitting unopened on my desk because I can't decide if I should return it or just say fuck it and plow through what content there is now. I play weird hours and even doing stuff with clan people will probably be difficult.

And if I do keep it, it sounds like Titan is the best bet for what I'd be doing? I thought Hunter was best in D1 post-RoI, but D2 Hunter sounds nothing at all like that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its a solid 20 or so hours of fun. Maybe more if you want to roll another class or two or if youre a competitionist. Raid is coming tomorrow so well see how that is.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd be more likely to roll multiples of the same class since I always felt I gimped myself badly by not doing that in D1.

spronk

FPS noob
i got to light 284 solo, did the nightfall using a destinylfg.net group although coulda done it with the clan, i think thefourth msg'd me but i was afk. The story is better than D1 but is it great... I dunno...

will need a group for the raid but again i think the normal should be doable with lfg groups, probably not the prestige version though at least for a while

patch 1.03 downloading for me on PS4 now, only 50mb although it appears as 5 gigs to some due to the way PSN patches

this week's nightfall is apparently a lot easier and more generous with the timer with a way to add a ton of time, so people who didn't do rat last week should be able to do it this week no probs

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
i got to light 284 solo, did the nightfall using a destinylfg.net group although coulda done it with the clan, i think thefourth msg'd me but i was afk. The story is better than D1 but is it great... I dunno...

will need a group for the raid but again i think the normal should be doable with lfg groups, probably not the prestige version though at least for a while

patch 1.03 downloading for me on PS4 now, only 50mb although it appears as 5 gigs to some due to the way PSN patches

this week's nightfall is apparently a lot easier and more generous with the timer with a way to add a ton of time, so people who didn't do rat last week should be able to do it this week no probs

Yeah 4.8 gig here. Sucks!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heh, Bungie getting all political by removing some gauntlets from the game because they have a design that some people think look too close to the Kekistan flag (a hate group according to Bungie), lol.

Also, the bug that I and other people noticed with chests / resource node is based on some other bug from TTK where you will get nothing from them if you loot too many within 5 minutes.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm

yeah I've been using Dregslist: Destiny Matchmaking • r/Fireteams since D1 for all my groups / raid groups. No strings attached, if the group sucks, bail!

Solo play FTW.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Heh, Bungie getting all political by removing some gauntlets from the game because they have a design that some people think look too close to the Kekistan flag (a hate group according to Bungie), lol.

Also, the bug that I and other people noticed with chests / resource node is based on some other bug from TTK where you will get nothing from them if you loot too many within 5 minutes.

Seems like some art guy is trolling them. Hes prolly fired now.