Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Ryan

Trakanon Raider
I feel like they did a lot of positive changes with PvP in mind, and I like those changes. Yet at the same time they left PvP so very bare-bones in terms of there being no other systems or progress to it.

I know there are websites for stats but to me in-game systems as robust as what Halo Reach had would be in order. I mean it shouldn't be hard to just recreate what they already had there in so many Halo games.

Also quickplay and competitive is not a good enough choice. I really just want to play control mostly, we should be able to pick modes like with D1. The countdown format is monumentally boring, survival is not much better yet these are the "competitive" modes? Bizarre.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still a bit confused by the backwards-ass power progression in this game, given that all the guides were written before Xur showed up. This is my warlock right now:
VUfkVpU2nThOSn-KGBak4dHzP3ga-eXYp9pXVpvtY68pX92IB.jpg

Quality is awful, but I'm too lazy to go get a USB stick to copy a screenshot directly off the PS4. :p
Am I at the hump finally where it's safe to start grabbing stuff from the NPCs (quests, tokens, etc.)? The exotic engram on Zavala is now 275, the challenge reward armband from Ikora is 264, and the luminous engrams on Cayde-6 are 270. Will any/all of those items keep going higher still? I know I need to claim everything before the Tuesday reset anyway, but I'm going to try to get the Nightfall done today and I have like 600+ EDZ tokens and around 500 weapon parts, plus various other shit from the other planets and Cayde's chests still to loot.

Do Xur items actually change anything, given that they're 265+5? I assume they are just freebies for two of the slots on the road to getting 264+ in them all to move from "near-endgame" to "endgame" and it doesn't actually raise the goal I'm shooting for.

spronk

FPS noob
Xur items are all locked levels for everyone so you can grab them anytime, they won't alter levels based on your gear at all. In fact grabbing them now and just having them (but not equipping) in slots where an item is below 265 may raise blue item drops for that slot, I think.

You would be better off upping every slot to 265 blue items from public events/lost sectors/etc before you start doing power/luminous engrams, 265 is the first soft cap on items. Its up to you though, its kind of a pain grinding from 260 to 265 every slot from blues since it'll drop at 260...261...260...261... then 261...262...261...262... etc to 265, so can be a obnoxiously slow grind.

I believe you could actually just start turning in EDZ and weapon tokens as well, they are going to do the same thing as above - drop at 260-261 at first, then 261-262, etc so its the same thing and I think they all cap out at 265 as well. Once every slot is 265 they won't go ABOVE 265 (except with a +5 mod, which still counts as 265 as far as the item dropper is concerned). Its just a question of do you want to burn a lot from 260-265 or wait until you are 265 and then decode a bunch.

But yeah 265 is the first magic number, you want every slot to have a 265 item (270 with a +5 mod) before you claim any power/luminous engram, such as the weekly rewards or the clan engrams.

After 265 you'll then have to use the weekly quests to level up, at a certain point all blues and token turnins start going above 265 as well but you have to have slots above 272 for that to start happening. For example at 291 my blues were all 285, when I hit 292 they bumped up to 285/286.

Vorph

Er, 265 from blues? The guide says blue gear is capped at 260 until you hit 268 and then it starts dropping again at 261. I was under the impression that's why the "near-endgame" hump was a thing.

I did a bunch of PEs this morning and it's all 259-260 drops.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that 265 soft cap is real, bro. Only way to get out of it is either the quest exotics, exotic engrams or powerful engrams. This is why you do the second character. Push yourself out of it with one,equip all your shit on second then do the same quests, etc with next to push you further. Or just grind exotic engrams with the token thing. Or you could just wait for reset and have more shit to grind with your main. I fucked up my first character, did some of the stuff to push me over, way before, like mida at 250ish, etc... Did not know better.

Then once blues start dropping at higher level use those to infuse the rest of your gear higher and higher. Like mine are dropping at 280 now.

Started my third titan last night. Getting this leveling shit down now. Took like 4 hours to get to lv 18 and im almost at end quests.

Last edited:

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Er, 265 from blues? The guide says blue gear is capped at 260 until you hit 268 and then it starts dropping again at 261. I was under the impression that's why the "near-endgame" hump was a thing.

I did a bunch of PEs this morning and it's all 259-260 drops.

Blues from strikes can be up to 265. Blues everywhere else will be capped at 260 if I recall correctly.

Vorph

I used a couple hundred EDZ tokens and got to 266 before maintenance started. Actually used more than I needed because I saw that EDZ engrams could contain Scathelock and I wanted one. Also, it would have been nice if the game fucking told you somewhere that tokens are capped at 599 (wtf?). No idea how many I wasted, but I was already at 599 when I first got on this morning and I did a bunch of EDZ shit, then still 599 when I went to the church to spend them.

I was heading to the tower to check levels on my unclaimed stuff when maintenance started. I know the luminous one from Cayde will keep on going up, and I think Ikara's stuff and the guns from Zavala for doing 2 strikes are capped at 264/265? Not sure about clan engrams, I've got at least one of those waiting for me still.

Edit: And the big question is the end-of-story exotic engram. Although... I hit triangle on that and the list of items it can contain is extremely underwhelming, plus even when the engram showed power 275 the items were 265+5 just like Xur's stuff. I think I was a bit too optimistic in thinking it would be really good if I waited as long as possible. If there's zero chance for Lunafaction Boots and the armor power level isn't going to be higher than the shitty chest from Xur, there was no point.

Last edited:

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
So if I have all purples at 265 unmodded/270 modded and a couple 270+ exotics equipped I should be switching them out or at least accumulating 261-265 blues to get over this strange cap they have in game?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So if I have all purples at 265 unmodded/270 modded and a couple 270+ exotics equipped I should be switching them out or at least accumulating 261-265 blues to get over this strange cap they have in game?
You can keep using the purples, you'll just need to do some Milestones that reward Powerful engrams and/or do an exotic weapon quest (if you haven't yet) to get a boost; then you should start to get blues that you can infuse into your purples for small gains; once those are capped, do another Milestone, etc.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
The kid got to 300 light and went flaweless in trials.

thats pretty goddamn impressive, did he do it with friends? i have to live vicariously through your child since mine never got into video games and are too old now :( maybe by the time my grandkids are old enough they can carry me to flawless in destiny 3

the system is supposed to auto recognize stuff thats not equipped on your char, weapons and armor from the vault, and weapons on alts. I never found the need to force equip higher blue drops, new drops would be the same level or 1 higher as long as I had it in my inventory.

What you have to do is get power engrams, raid drops, exotic engrams, or luminous/clan engrams and hope you get enough of a mix to boost each slot up a few light levels. Then run normal shit (PEs, lost echos, etc) and hope blues drop that are slightly higher level. Then use those blues/etc to infuse your legendaries up a few light levels, rinse and repeat till you hit 300/305. Purple engrams and faction engrams will all drop at the same level as the blues, and you can either swap to them (if they are better), use them as infusion, or just dismantle them for shards.

Vorph

This is the guide I've been saving for the 266->280->305 grind: Power leveling guide when running multiple characters. From someone who just hit 305 power. • r/DestinyTheGame

His differs from others in that he only made 3 characters total (no deleting and remaking alts) and it's one of each class to avoid the powerful gear "bug". The downside to it is that you need to slog through the two other classes before you get to play the one you really want as a main. The upside is that he was able to hit 305 pre-raid last Tuesday on his third character, and your quest guns are extremely high level because they're whats driving the additional power level for the second and third characters.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm sitting at 269 and I don't think I have a viable way to get past that point until the weekly reset.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its definitely the quest exotics that push you beyond. For one, primaries are valued more in the power equation, and second they always come +15, whereas the other "powerful engrams" only come with minor gains. And it could be something like your mark, warlock bond or hunter cloak or some shit that are worth less in the overall power equation.

Not only that, but you get the secondary legendary from those quests that drops higher too, like the mini tool.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
thats pretty goddamn impressive, did he do it with friends? i have to live vicariously through your child since mine never got into video games and are too old now :( maybe by the time my grandkids are old enough they can carry me to flawless in destiny 3
He has about a half dozen or so friends from school and another six maybe from his last school. They all hang out nonstop even when not doing destiny but playing other games.

Warms my heart to hear him leading raids and calling the other kids retards.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
1.0.1.3 The one about post launch fixes.

Items
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to not receive Man O’ War Linear Fusion Rifle Quest Reward when they have a full weapon inventory
    • Players can obtain their missing Man O’ War from Asher Mir on IO

UI
  • Fixed an issue where the Prism modifier did not persistently display the currently featured element
    • Prism will now display a brief screen effect when the element changes to increase visibility
    • This will also resolve an issue impacting the Momentum modifier

General
  • Fixed an issue where a Raid object was receiving an unintended amount of damage from Wardcliff Coil
  • Fixed an issue where completing a Meditation before selecting it from Ikora would hide that Meditation and prevent players from completing it receiving appropriate rewards.
  • Fixed a rare memory leak that would result in a Matchmaking crash