Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Running for me without a problem. Feels so fucking good on the PC too, I just can't do the FPS shit with a controller anymore. Gotta have that kb/mouse.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
PvE better be good in the final game because this is the worst FPS PvP I have played in a while. Okay, not really, but it's barely better than CoD and might even be worse than CODBLOPS3.

Game runs fucking amazing at 1440p on my 4770k + 1080 GTX.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, so far it looks awesome, but eh...I'm not really feeling the style of gameplay.

Maybe it'll grow on me over the next few days.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Man, this is so much better than console. I am just destroying fuckers with headshots, I couldn't hit anything with a controller.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sold on this game. Already plays better then 1. PC is amazing and feels pretty fluid. I wish I had a 4k hdr tv to play it on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I played one QP pvp game with my xbox one elite controller, it went a lot better than I thought it would. The aim assist is pretty decent, would magnetize towards the head about as strong as console Destiny 1 and I did pretty decent with a hand cannon and assault rifle, didn't try sniper. KBM is obviously better but I think in quickplay and PVE most people would be able to hold their own with a controller.

The immediate feedback of red hits really helps a lot, the only distracting thing in PVE is when all the lights are flashing or when the environment is jiggering around like the only available story mission.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just got done going through the story part and tried a strike. Had the main boss down to 2%. :(

If there is 10+ hours of story content like this, I'll be purchasing. Waiting for PC version though now. How does PC compare to those that played the beta via PS4/Pro in 4k?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, played the strike and my opinion is much different. Really enjoyed it. Need to try PVP before I commit.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got done going through the story part and tried a strike. Had the main boss down to 2%. :(

If there is 10+ hours of story content like this, I'll be purchasing. Waiting for PC version though now. How does PC compare to those that played the beta via PS4/Pro in 4k?
The 60+ fps and the ability to increase the FOV sold me the PC version, no hesitation. Don't have a 4k tv/monitor, so can't really comment. There should be quite a bit more than 10hrs of Story / After Story content.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

Played the first mission, strike and some PVP on an XB1s, PS4 Pro and a PC and the PC was hands down the best. Even if you prefer to play with a controller over a mouse/keyboard the PC version runs so damn good and smooth and gives you so many options to customize graphics/FOV. Sadly all my friends that play this are on Xbox so going to have to go with that one. God damn I wish this title was play anywhere.

One thing I did notice either I really suck with a controller going for crit shots compared to mouse/keyboard but it seems the enemies either have fewer HP or the weapons do more damage. No complaint as it felt a lot less bullet spongey, hide/reload and more bad ass captain america titan with a shotgun.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Someone with a little more knowledge of the game able to answer a quick question for me? I've played a little bit of the beta as a Hunter and Warlock. In general I really love the special abilities of the Warlock but in combat I seem much better with the hand cannon type weapons. Will any type weapon be viable for any class or would I be doing something wrong using a hand cannon as a Warlock?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Someone with a little more knowledge of the game able to answer a quick question for me? I've played a little bit of the beta as a Hunter and Warlock. In general I really love the special abilities of the Warlock but in combat I seem much better with the hand cannon type weapons. Will any type weapon be viable for any class or would I be doing something wrong using a hand cannon as a Warlock?
Weapon type is irrelevant to each class so use whatever weapon/class combination you want

spronk

FPS noob

weapons are completely class independent and work the same for every class, there is no benefit or problem using a class. The only thing really classes had going for them were that some became super OP during certain parts of the game, for example titan bubbles were really critical for some raids (like mandatory), warlocks could cheese huge parts of some raids due to self rez, hunter invis could cheese other parts, etc. Not much different than MMO patch cycles for anyone familiar with that.

Its not a big deal though because you get THREE character slots and its really a good idea just to roll up 3 different characters, one of each class. Yeah, some people roll 3 chars of the same class and just swap weapons/gear but imo thats not a great idea when the next patch makes another class super OP for something very specific.

Ut - I've played the PS4 beta and the PC beta, the PC version is far superior. Way more than a lot of other games, like Mafia 3 or Assassin's Creed are fairly similar on both and the difference is minor, but the PC version of Destiny feels super crisp and smooth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
weapons are completely class independent and work the same for every class, there is no benefit or problem using a class. The only thing really classes had going for them were that some became super OP during certain parts of the game, for example titan bubbles were really critical for some raids (like mandatory), warlocks could cheese huge parts of some raids due to self rez, hunter invis could cheese other parts, etc. Not much different than MMO patch cycles for anyone familiar with that.

Its not a big deal though because you get THREE character slots and its really a good idea just to roll up 3 different characters, one of each class. Yeah, some people roll 3 chars of the same class and just swap weapons/gear but imo thats not a great idea when the next patch makes another class super OP for something very specific.

Ut - I've played the PS4 beta and the PC beta, the PC version is far superior. Way more than a lot of other games, like Mafia 3 or Assassin's Creed are fairly similar on both and the difference is minor, but the PC version of Destiny feels super crisp and smooth.

Are you going to get both versions? Really too bad the PC version isn't launching at the same time as the consoles.