Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
OK good so the modifiers are actually working now?
It was working before. Only problem I know of is that the current burn doesn't stay anywhere on the screen like it's supposed to, so if you miss it (which is easy if you are fighting) then you have to guess.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
There's a text notification when the burn rotates but you/fireteam needs to monitor and call it out. It's not pinned anywhere.

The timed mechanic isn't bad, it's basically an enrage timer, and it lets us do some cooler stuff. No more D1 Icebreaker 2 hour solo runs.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'll be on around 8 est if anyone wants to mess around with the raid tonight. 285 Warlock.

In Clan, PSN: J_Deep36

Just msg me, my RL friends will be hounding me to play NHL so likely be hiding in offline mode =/

spronk

FPS noob
Exactly, lol.

Also I always hated the timed shit in this game even D1, stuff like that on exotic quest for the sniper. Its a shit way to make things harder. Especially for old methodical players like me, lol.

BTW some of the strike bosses are fucking nuts. Like the vex one with that big boss at the end, its manageable until the last phase, where his head explodes off, and then he proceeds to fucking snipe rape you to death no matter how you are moving. Never missing either.

All the strike bosses can be burned at the end, and you wanna coordinate with your fireteam for it. Everyone should be the same elemental class - arc, void, or solar (arc or solar is best since I think titan void is defensive still?), and save up supers in the last 3-4 mins so you can use em all on the boss when the right elemental rotates in. A few seconds before the warlock should drop the empowered rift for extra damage, etc. This obviously is going to be impossible in LFG strike groups but those shouldn't require that much coordination anyways.

You should use heavies to push bosses through earlier phases, like this weeks nightfall for example you can burn the boss quickly in phase 1 & 2 with linear/fusion rifles and the right element, just ignore the adds and burn boss and he goes through phase 1 & 2 in 20-30 secs each. Then wait for the right elemental in the third phase and burn, burn, burn him with super powers.

It is apparently a bug that nightfall isn't keeping the current burn on screen in the corner, I guess it should stay on screen somewhere? Dunno if they will fix that or not.

Watching the raid is pretty cool, it has very similar mechanics to VoG but does seem to require a high level of team coordination aka "gotta have voice comms".

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im just talking about reg 140 strikes, lol. Not nightfall. Me and my kid did some last night to get him to lv 15 to do next quest. That vex one is fucking retarded in last phase. The one where the cover blocks disappear and appear. The taken one with big boss at the end where the platforms slowly disappear is easy in comparison, so is the one on titan in that bio dome. The one that was nightfall last week is no joke either, too much trash and boss is bullet sponge. I dont remember the fallen one but I did do it first week.

Also a question about the tokens. So what do I do with those now that im over 265? Save them? Spend them for shards and more weapons that I dont have yet? I have like 50 on earth and another 40 on nessus. Will they always decript at 265 now?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Also a question about the tokens. So what do I do with those now that im over 265? Save them? Spend them for shards and more weapons that I dont have yet? I have like 50 on earth and another 40 on nessus. Will they always decript at 265 now?
Use them, get legendaries, dismantle for shards if you don't want em.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
There's a text notification when the burn rotates but you/fireteam needs to monitor and call it out. It's not pinned anywhere.

The timed mechanic isn't bad, it's basically an enrage timer, and it lets us do some cooler stuff. No more D1 Icebreaker 2 hour solo runs.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that a Bungie statement said the burn was supposed to stay on screen but currently doesn't, could be wrong though

And enrage timers have been similarly hated everywhere they've been implemented, not sure that is the best argument for the pitch.

But what was wrong with someone spending 2 hours soloing it with an icebreaker (which can't happen since there isn't an ice breaker now anyways)? It was still easier and much quicker to do as a group, but it let people who wanted to spend the time solo it. That was FUN for a lot of people, and taking it away isn't really why I consider a good thing. All the timers do is encourage people to run through as much content as possible

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure I read somewhere that a Bungie statement said the burn was supposed to stay on screen but currently doesn't, could be wrong though

And enrage timers have been similarly hated everywhere they've been implemented, not sure that is the best argument for the pitch.

And what was wrong with someone spending 2 hours soloing it with an icebreaker (which can't happen since there isn't an ice breaker now anyways)? It was still easier and much quicker to do as a group, but it let people who wanted to spend the time solo it. That was FUN for a lot of people, and taking it away isn't really why I consider a good thing.

Yeah I agree. It was like a solo challenge for many people. Shit I even remember doing a few in Yr1 or 2, forget which. It took a long time but it was kind of cool accomplishment doing one of the most difficult content solo. I did Nexus, Cerebrus Vae, and Winters Run all solo.
But there is still people soloing these too. There was like a 299 dude that did last weeks solo and this week im sure someone will do it too. Same with the raids, duos were doing them later on, not because they wanted to cheese the content or whatever, just as an accomplishment. I dont know why they would even care that it took some dude 2 hours to do some nightfall. Its not like everyone is doing this and no one is grouping up to do them.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I agree. It was like a solo challenge for many people. Shit I even remember doing a few in Yr1 or 2, forget which. It took a long time but it was kind of cool accomplishment doing one of the most difficult content solo. I did Nexus, Cerebrus Vae, and Winters Run all solo.
But there is still people soloing these too. There was like a 299 dude that did last weeks solo and this week im sure someone will do it too. Same with the raids, duos were doing them later on, not because they wanted to cheese the content or whatever, just as an accomplishment. I dont know why they would even care that it took some dude 2 hours to do some nightfall. Its not like everyone is doing this and no one is grouping up to do them.
Yeah I soloed every Y1 nightfall, as well as all of crotas end including Crota. It was a blast

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
slayerage beat the raid, gothalian's group just did as well, took nearly six hours and other groups still working on the last boss

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
slayerage beat the raid, gothalian's group just did as well, took nearly six hours and other groups still working on the last boss
You keeping track of all of their secret strats so you can tell us normies how to beat it without wasting days?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting a sparrow with instant summon is great.

Really hope they expand Titan, especially the Arcology section, though I imagine that should come whenever Savathun arrives.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So I've been loading up my guy with Arc cooldown mods and am using the gloves that reduce Arc cooldown with melee kills. I find myself able to have a pretty decent uptime on both my Super and the grenade / ArcSoul abilities and that seems far more useful than the other things I can get with a mod.

Is there a diminishing returns point with the cooldown mods?