Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
yes, for a while now in both D1 and in D2 of course going above the mobs power level means you do extra damage to it. In D1 PVE it was 7% every 10 light levels or so, and capped out I think at 40 light levels, so a 300 against a 260 mob would be doing 28% more damage than a 260 player. Thats PVE only, PVP used different scaling. I don't think anyone has run comprehensive testing in D2 to see what the power scaling is yet, but I imagine its going to be fairly similar. It also affects damage taken from mobs, don't remember the scaling numbers off the top of my head but its similar. Raid mobs start at 260 and the final few fights are 270 I believe, prestige will probably be 310-330? Normal raid drops do seem to scale + with player power levels, all the drops I saw were 300-305 for people in their 290s.

I'm down to raid as a clan but I think realistically should assume may not actually kill the final boss, and that needs to be done for the clan engram to unlock. I saw Triplewreck go against the final boss for like 7 hours last night and not sure if they actually killed him or not, and they weren't scrub players or anything. Only a handful of people have beaten it, it seems to require a lot of voice comms work and high DPS and minimal dying. I'd assume the normal raid gets nerfed a little bit when the prestige version is released, and honestly would rather just faceroll my way through that than spend hours and hours wiping on shit, my wow raiding days are long behind me. The raid looks kinda stupid tbh, like it feels like a weird twitch channel instead of a lore-driven PVE raid.

Save your legendary shards, Xur arrives tomorrow and people expect him to sell a few things at 20-40 shards per item. He will depart after 48 hours I think, so he is here friday at 3am till sunday at 3am?
That's why I specified year 1, I quit around the time they revamped light levels. When doing the normal raid with level 26 mobs, there wasn't all that much difference being 26vs30. 25 was a big difference, and 24 was huge

Also, is the damage taken directly a function of power level or is it because higher power gear has more armor? Does increasing the power of a weapon to increase your overall power level also make you take less damage? Y1 weapons didn't contribute to your light level

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Past yr1 In D1 xur didnt have shit. Maybe one exotic you were missing if you were competitionist. There is not going to be gjallahorn, icebreaker, gamebreaker type weapon in this game anymore, they learned their lesson.Only good thing was to buy heavy ammo from him. Besides different game now. Exotics are dropping like candy compared to yr1 Destiny.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had cool looking legendary gear that I wanted to level, besides I can see on the gear, but legendary guns are way better than blue pleb guns.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Past yr1 In D1 xur didnt have shit. Maybe one exotic you were missing if you were competitionist. There is not going to be gjallahorn, icebreaker, gamebreaker type weapon in this game anymore, they learned their lesson.Only good thing was to buy heavy ammo from him. Besides different game now. Exotics are dropping like candy compared to yr1 Destiny.
Exotics are downright fucking boring in D2, especially the armor.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Exotics are downright fucking boring in D2, especially the armor.

Not a fan of this shader system myself, I find myself not even caring to use them since I seem to only have 2 or 3 total of one color.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'd kill for O. Rig to be on Xur tomorrow so I can go back to Nightstalker - I got Celestial Nighthawk but don't really like playing Gunslinger, and the no enhanced map sucks

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not a fan of this shader system myself, I find myself not even caring to use them since I seem to only have 2 or 3 total of one color.
I have to assume that the shader change was thought of by the same retard who decided anti-farming timers were a good idea in a game that is all about farming.

Speaking of those idiotic timers, how does the one for lost sectors work? If I do the 3 in the first area of EDZ, the third one is empty every fucking time. It certainly takes more than 5 minutes (and it's only 3 chests)...

Truehawk

Molten Core Raider
I'll try to put together a clan raid group tonight or tomorrow then. When works best for everyone? I saw 10 EST, that is fine for me as well. If not, we can work something else out.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'd probably be down for a raid Friday night around 10 EST. I am only 264 right now but could hopefully be around 270 by then.

Truehawk

Molten Core Raider
I'll see who is on tonight and try to set up a group. I will definitely do one tomorrow too (I'll just run my alt if we clear it, both are 280 plus)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
i find that the "Farming PEs on titan" method is ass. 9 times out of 10 there is no one else on the map. the only way to maybe get onto a map with other players is relaunch to Orbit and try to reload it. I can do 1 PE before I have to go searching for another map with players on it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
i find that the "Farming PEs on titan" method is ass. 9 times out of 10 there is no one else on the map. the only way to maybe get onto a map with other players is relaunch to Orbit and try to reload it. I can do 1 PE before I have to go searching for another map with players on it.
Yeah that's been my experience for the most part. I will say the fallen walker one almost always has people, but the hive one doesn't more often than not

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone playing d2 right now.

Hook me up. Invitie me . just running strikes eight now.

Ilvl250. Name is yonsil