Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Everything that matters will be available to everyone without buying the next expac. If you don't want new content, don't buy the new content.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
I mean you said it yourself, people PAID for Destiny 2 and received Destiny 1.5, I don't think it is too far a stretch to imagine that some part of the player-base isn't entirely satisfied with shelling out an additional 40-80 USD (assuming features are going to be locked behind a pay wall) to get the experience they should have received on release.

Speaking personally, the content I received as part of the Season pass was a joke and broke the game for a bit on the balance side of things. Balance was always a joke but after those "expansions" it was beyond broken.

I guess I don't feel as burned as other people do. Not to mention, if you do the typical conversion of fun per hour played to cost spent I've definitely got my moneys worth. And that's with buying the Digital Deluxe edition at launch with the Season Pass. I don't see $40 as being a huge barrier to play more new stuff in September... pretty sure I've spent more on lunch this week.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
yeah for me its not a $$ issue they could charge $500 for Destiny 2 and i wouldn't really care that much, as you say video games from a $/hour are the best bang for the buck other than Westworld sex bots.

its more the issue that they spent 3 years and had one shot at doing something great and they FUCKED UP badly, in ways that should have been super obvious from the start. Its the same problem I have with TLJ and Solo or Mass Effect Andromeda, I don't hate it because they are mediocre but because they were given every opportunity to do something great and they fucked it all up. Those opportunities are super rare and there are literally millions of people who would have loved a chance at it but it was all wasted because the people in charge are incompetent.

I don't give a shit if Far Cry 6 or Dead Island 2 or the million small indie games turn out to suck because they can keep cranking that shit out forever but stuff like Destiny, Anthem, GTA, Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, etc are more complicated than the space shuttle and when they come out badly its a shame, its a wasted opportunity for both the studio and the consumer that can never be taken back, and means someone in charge is really bad at their job but there is rarely any individual accountability at big game studios. SOMEONE fucked Destiny 2 really bad in the design phase but I've never heard anyone take responsibility.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
I never played Destiny 1 so maybe I don't know how far D2 fell short, but I didn't mind Destiny 2. I thought it was enjoyable for what it was. It didn't meet my expectations as I figured it would be a lot more in depth game, but I got like a month of solid playing out of it. And I never did raids or alt characters. I was dissapointed that outside of raiding there was no more real ways for me to progress, but it looks like this expansion may address that. To me it felt like a decent single player game, similar to Diablo or the likes. A loot hunter game. I had a few annoyances with it, like no chat or guild chat, and the 260 item level hump shit, but other than that, I enjoyed it. So I don't mind shelling out another $40 if it's going to be some great new content. And from what everyone speaks about TTK, if this is D2's TTK, it will be well worth it for me, especially if I get another 100+ hours out of it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You should go back and play D1. I hear there is still plenty of people playing. You could probably pick up the TTK box for bargain bin price right now. And see how they royally fucked this game by taking so much shit out, making combat slower pvp 4v4 instead of 6v6, fucking with weapon slots, doing away with random rolls.... Then now they are trying to get it back to D1 playability and feature set, lol.

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
You should go back and play D1. I hear there is still plenty of people playing. You could probably pick up the TTK box for bargain bin price right now. And see how they royally fucked this game by taking so much shit out, making combat slower pvp 4v4 instead of 6v6, fucking with weapon slots, doing away with random rolls.... Then now they are trying to get it back to D1 playability and feature set, lol.
I dont have consoles. Pc only for me.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well its just a stripped down version of D1, thats all. And the funny thing is, no one was asking for those stupid changes either. Sure some people did not like the random roll thing, but fuck man, ill take random rolls over getting the same exact shit over and over again. People in D1 did nothing but play PvP for hours and hours on end. I know I was one of them. If you were good, you could singlehandedly carry a game, or at least if you had 2 good people in a team of six, you could win. PvP was not holding each others nuts, huddling in a team of 4 going around the fucking map. Sure, people teamed up to teamshot, but mostly it was more solo friendly. You could easily take out 2 dudes with good gun play and movement, sometimes 3 if you got lucky, where in D2, there is no chance in hell. You see 2 dudes coming at you or when you turn a corner, youre done. This is why most streamers quit. People like Kraftyy, would carry people in trials all the fucking time. He could take 2 shleps with 2 left thumbs and singlehandedly carry them and he had like a 90% trials win rate. Guess why he quit? Because individual effort did not mean shit anymore in D2.

Anyways, hopefully they finally fix some of this shit because quite honestly D1 and D2 are still like the smoothest and best feeling shooters on the market right now. But honestly I think D2 is dead and it will stay dead, I cannot see anybody spending anymore cash on this shit. So here is hoping for D3.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
"They didnt make any changes and D2 was just 1.5"

"They changed everything and no one wanted it"

Which one is it?

• 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob
the third option, taking stuff that is good and making it better. God of War did it, tons of stuff changed but 90% of the audience loved it. Fortnite took PUBG and made it better. Unlike gender there are actually more than two options.

Yeah, I totally get sometimes you make changes and they don't work out but thats the entire point of having 10+ years of FPS experience under your belt as a dev, you are supposed to know better than anyone else what works and what doesn't. We already know from BTS that the D2 design was done pretty much in parallel with the last two years of D1 and there was apparently very little communication between the two teams which is just insane, like why wouldn't you use your live game as a small testing grounds for what works and what doesn't.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I totally get sometimes you make changes and they don't work out but thats the entire point of having 10+ years of FPS experience under your belt as a dev, you are supposed to know better than anyone else what works and what doesn't. We already know from BTS that the D2 design was done pretty much in parallel with the last two years of D1 and there was apparently very little communication between the two teams which is just insane, like why wouldn't you use your live game as a small testing grounds for what works and what doesn't.

It blew me awa that this wasn't some scrub company who just jumped into creating games. They had been making games for over a DECADE, their game from over 10 years ago had more features than the one they released last year.

I honest to god don't know what happened to D2. It wasn't even a dropped ball, it was a fumble so bad that I'm pretty sure no one knows what happened.

To me it is hard to believe that the company that brought me halo put out this game as if they didn't even know how to make halo...

---

This skepticism makes it hard to swallow that this wasn't intentional. That hey KNEW what they were doing and were hoping to manipulate the market in some way.

But that is just conjecture..

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Wouldn't be surprised if it was a neutered D1 intentionally and the plan was to release "expansions" for $40+ a pop that just moved it back towards the direction of later D1. Easy content creation and $ from idiots.

*edit; I should have read Guardians post first

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Being a super-casual gamer most of the time, I really don't hate this game. Is anyone in an active clan or should I just join the reddit clan or something?

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Being a super-casual gamer most of the time, I really don't hate this game. Is anyone in an active clan or should I just join the reddit clan or something?

Yeah I could see a casual eating this shit up, it is a good game still, its just that for the more hardcore it breaks apart at the seams. The raid content was not as good IMO and PVP definitely sucked all nerfed 4v4 and all thew other nerfs from D1. I easily had like 700+ hours into D1. And I even skipped the entire HoW expansion back then. In D2? not even close. Maybe 150-200 and even that was a struggle at the end. At least we got a PC version which also ran smooth as butter and graphics were outstanding.

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
Yeah I could see a casual eating this shit up, it is a good game still, its just that for the more hardcore it breaks apart at the seams. The raid content was not as good IMO and PVP definitely sucked all nerfed 4v4 and all thew other nerfs from D1. I easily had like 700+ hours into D1. And I even skipped the entire HoW expansion back then. In D2? not even close. Maybe 150-200 and even that was a struggle at the end. At least we got a PC version which also ran smooth as butter and graphics were outstanding.

Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat, playing it casually it was fun. I could see how hardcore gamers would get pissed, because even casually playing it I ran out of stuff to do after a month or so. I can't believe how people with this large of licenses to print money can fuck things up so badly. It's the same story with games like Battlefront and Mass Effect Andromeda. Idiots.

Argarth

On the verandah
It's the only game I know of that is all of :- aesthetically impressive, gorgeous in Ultra-wide, technically brilliant, runs like a dream, has gun-play that is slicker than snot on a doorknob,

and... I lost interest before hitting max level, with no desire to revisit it even now. One of the biggest "WTF" gaming letdowns of all time for me.

edit: THIS
I don't give a shit if Far Cry 6 or Dead Island 2 or the million small indie games turn out to suck because they can keep cranking that shit out forever but stuff like Destiny, Anthem, GTA, Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, etc are more complicated than the space shuttle and when they come out badly its a shame, its a wasted opportunity for both the studio and the consumer that can never be taken back....

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I'm up to faction rally level 25 I have yet to see a class item drop, so I can't even start working on half these goals. Am I missing something or is RNG just hosing me?

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
It's the only game I know of that is all of :- aesthetically impressive, gorgeous in Ultra-wide, technically brilliant, runs like a dream, has gun-play that is slicker than snot on a doorknob,

and... I lost interest before hitting max level, with no desire to revisit it even now. One of the biggest "WTF" gaming letdowns of all time for me.

edit: THIS

Yeah, it looks wonderful, plays amazing, but shortly after hitting max at release my interest evaporated. This is largely in part due to how terrible max level + was at launch, but after that debacle, I'm not shelling out any more money on Destiny. It's a shame, because the gunplay is so crisp.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm up to faction rally level 25 I have yet to see a class item drop, so I can't even start working on half these goals. Am I missing something or is RNG just hosing me?
It’s RNG. Some people have made it all the way to 50 without a full set dropping. I’m missing the boots personally at rank 20. Don’t think I’ll make 50 before reset for the catalyst. Really hope I can pick up where I left off when faction rally comes back next month.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s RNG. Some people have made it all the way to 50 without a full set dropping. I’m missing the boots personally at rank 20. Don’t think I’ll make 50 before reset for the catalyst. Really hope I can pick up where I left off when faction rally comes back next month.
I believe the changes to Faction Rally mentioned that your progress would not be reset, so you'll keep your current standing.