Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So I played this for an hour or so today, did they cripple the hunter 3 jump mechanic or am I just remembering wrong?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Guess I’m remembering wrong but could of swore you got more boost/distance than you do now.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Guess I’m remembering wrong but could of swore you got more boost/distance than you do now.

I don’t know if they changed the jump at all, but if you really wanna boost your jump and movement...

Equip MIDA Multitool primary, bottom tree Arcstrider for focused breathing perk, and Stomp335s. Stack some mobility gear if you want but I think diminishing returns kick in at this point.

I run this build for fun sometimes in Control maps on PVP, and I’ll be at point B and have it at 80-100% capped by the time anyone else is even there most of the time. I typically won’t even engage in any real gunfights, I just cap points and sprint across the map to where ever the enemy isn’t and pick people off with MIDA whenever the opportunity arises. With the Tempest Strike perk for melee too, it’s incredibly effective to just rush people at the speed of light and melee them to death before they even know what’s going on. If you’re good at turning your screen on high sensitivity you can kill 2-3 people with just melee and Tempest Strike & a well timed dodge if you get it right. So much fun.
You’ll never get used to regular running or jumping again. Lmao. It’s insane.

Last edited:

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Bungie needs to do something about their naming shit stat. That options dude's name went from one end of a 1440p monitor to the other during the match. Distracting as fuck.
View attachment 227119

This motherfucker

34E612C6-BB91-495C-91F5-937D41A7F67D.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Used to be able to block people in your lobby so that you would not be match made with/against them. Think that was tied to Blizzard functionality though.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Used to be able to block people in your lobby so that you would not be match made with/against them. Think that was tied to Blizzard functionality though.

Blizzard's functionality never let shit names like that happen to begin with...

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Master Nightfall: The Ordeal is pretty doable, best run we had today was 17 minutes. Even got an Ascendant Shard on run 3. That's 100 cores if you were to purchase them from Banshee.
tiger_release_final_20191021_224525.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
[PC] So ive done a whole day of IB and regular crucible when I finally hit 960+ with my titan. And I got say PvP this season is pretty refreshing coming from like 3 seasons of pure hand cannon spam. So many people using so many guns, its fucking nice for a change. AR, SMG, handcannon, pulse, shit even mida spam (probably for quest) but, yeah, its fucking nice. Thank god they nerfed the HC bullshit that plagued this game for so many seasons now. Not to say I didnt enjoy HCs, its just that it was getting old.

Now if they would just nerf the shit out of recluse and mountaintop.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
[PC] So ive done a whole day of IB and regular crucible when I finally hit 960+ with my titan. And I got say PvP this season is pretty refreshing coming from like 3 seasons of pure hand cannon spam. So many people using so many guns, its fucking nice for a change. AR, SMG, handcannon, pulse, shit even mida spam (probably for quest) but, yeah, its fucking nice. Thank god they nerfed the HC bullshit that plagued this game for so many seasons now. Not to say I didnt enjoy HCs, its just that it was getting old.

Now if they would just nerf the shit out of recluse and mountaintop.

I think you saw different guns thanks to the IB quest line. I bet if people continue to IB after they finish that it gets real sweaty real quick.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I’ve definitely seen more of a variety as of late, and I think some of it comes from quest diversity and some recent patch changes have made things actually viable for once. I’m running a MW Arc Logic as my energy mainstay in PvP right now and it destroys. I don’t know why it’s not being used more often.
At the same time, every game I see anywhere from 1-6 Recluse users, there’s even been a few matches where me and maybe one or two others are the only ones not using it. I understand it’s amazing, to the point of being broken, but I am an outlier in PvP. I go so many matches without even using my Super once. I almost never pick up heavy ammo. I rarely run anything that is considered very meta. One shot weapons are tactical for me, including Supers, and I don’t pop them for no reason. I’m not saying I’m better than anyone else because of this, it’s just the way I play. I enjoy gunfights and movement and positioning strategy and I’ve never enjoyed just capping people over and over with a one tap shotgun or whatever it is. I don’t know how people don’t get incredibly bored of this shit. Some of my most fun matches come from completely fucking around. I ran a high mobility build with Sweet Business and Arsenic Bite with a shitty legendary Sword heavy and was smoking entire teams because they just weren’t sure how to deal with it. I have a couple meta weapons and run them rarely, but I find myself switching mid game even in the first match with them equipped because I find it boring.

That being said, I’m not one to call for nerfs like crazy but Recluse being in the state it’s in while the other pinnacle weapons are basically dirt trash for the most part in PvP and things like One Eyed Mask completely fucking baffle me.

After a four year hiatus I’m still confused why I don’t have a PvP mode with no Supers or Heavy ammo or some kind of rule set that dampens their spawning and usage or ANYTHING. Last night in some games my only deaths were from getting Super out of nowhere or random toolbag spamming Hammerhead or Wardcliff Coil from around a corner. Back to back to back to back supers constantly. Drives me crazy. 6 players a team, that’s 12 supers total, sometimes you can get your Super 2-3x in a single match. So in 10 minutes you might encounter 12-30 Supers in a single match. That’s fucking bonkers, especially when most people run shit like Dawnblade or the Fist of Havoc that lets you basically wipe a team with one use.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Recluse, especially in PvE, which is still the mainstay in this game makes every other weapon in that slot useless and obsolete. Its by all accounts the highest sustained dps weapon in the game, regardless of activity. If you have a recluse and not using it, youre gimping yourself and your team. And in PvP its by all accounts the lowest TTK weapon with the proc running at a stunning and whopping 0.4 seconds. If you have the master of arms perk, hit most of your shots, you can actually go against a person with a heavy machine gun like Hammerhead.

THIS is why it needs to be nerfed to all hell. and yes I have one. Because no matter what cool new weapons they add to the game in the energy slot, they would have to be BETTER than the recluse for people to actually use them.

Like I ground out the new Gambit exit strategy or whatever. GREAT fucking gun, great perks, feels good, etc, etc. But it s still shit compared to Recluse.

Then they nerf the breakneck which was fucking PAINFUL grind of doing 40 fucking games of gambit, back when some matches had 3 full fucking rounds (20+ minutes per match which equates to abotu 13 hours of gambit grind). And they keep recluse good to go? With a measly 2100 glory to get? Which is pretty trivial even if youre a noob? (eventually you will get there and become better for doing so in PvP) No one was even complaining about breakneck, and realistically I stopped even using it when I got my god roll austringer. I hardly ever saw anyone using that thing in season 7.

Last edited:

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I feel the same way about my Delirium. I still fucking love that shit, and find a hard time putting anything else in that slot in both PvE or PvP. Hammerhead seems to be the more popular choice but i'm guessing that's just from ease to get cause to me they don't even compare.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Finally hit 960 on my Titan. Went resilience instead of recovery. World of difference.

Clipboard02.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users