Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
So I have been using Vision of Confluece, but I picked up Atheon's Epilogue tonight. Obviously when one of the elements is needed, I'll roll with that gun, but on your run-of-the-mill mobs, is one gun clearly better than the other?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wish they put in some PVE factions beside Vanguards. This rediculous focus on PvP (you get 3 diffrent vendors, chose your flavour and look! PvE? Fuck you!) is getting stale not to mention the boring grind that is the all-mighty 6v6 grind.
Definitely agree with this, and have been saying it since I first saw the beta vendors. I ended up having to buy a pair of boots from FWC since they actually had +ammo for the weapon I prefer to use along with int+disc. The half-assed Vanguard vendor selection doesn't even begin to cover all the possibilities, not to mention that the sets don't even fully match for titan and hunter.

They cost me 650 spinmetal because I have less than zero interest in PVP but the retarded faction design only accepts crucible marks.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
The half-assed Vanguard vendor selection doesn't even begin to cover all the possibilities, not to mention that the sets don't even fully match for titan and hunter.
Yes, this is an intresting thing. I use the Queens shader on my hunter, but since I was forced to use a pair of boots that I got from an engram to actually get the ammo I wanted on them.... my whole character is purple/black but with blue boots...

I know, it does not matter really because the only ones what see my char outside the tower is other players but it annoys me for some reason lol.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
When is the first DLC? It's this month isn't it? Hope its soon, I've had no ambition to log in for like a week.... Have they said whether or not 30 will remain the cap prior to an expac, or will the DLC bring a higher cap?

spronk

FPS noob
i can't think of a single game where buying a season pass was a good idea:

battlefield 4 - dlcs all sucked, base game was fun enough but barely touched DLCs
titanfall - same
destiny - destined (HAH) to be the same it seems

I stopped buying season passes for single player games, I really gotta stop doing it for MP games now too

the only single game I can think of thats the exception was borderlands 2, and even then I bought the GOTY version with all DLCs for $10 on PC

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
i can't think of a single game where buying a season pass was a good idea:
This. I did the same thing with Titanfall and BF4. I played Titanfall for all of 10 days, then never put it in the xbox again.

I loved BF4, but the DLCs sucked. Hopefully the industry will move away from that crap.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I wish they put in some PVE factions beside Vanguards. This rediculous focus on PvP (you get 3 diffrent vendors, chose your flavour and look! PvE? Fuck you!) is getting stale not to mention the boring grind that is the all-mighty 6v6 grind.

After some digging on the net this weekend I discovered several "mods" that people are apparently using in PvP that makes a mockery out of the game. Unlimited ammo with no need to reload? Check. Wall-hacks? Check.... how the fuck does this even happen on a console? I switched from PC to console for FPS to get rid of the kids having "fun" with their aimbots/wallhacks yet it seems I am behind on the times and they spread out. In my stupidity I thought the consoles offered a safe-haven from this shit, but I guess I was too naive.

Also, rotate shaders on the vendor kkthx.
Yeah i've been waiting on shaders to be rotated for a while now, but they only have up these abysmally ugly ass ones. I do agree on the PVP focus that they have. I know they want to integrate it into your gameplay but they could make it less annoying and required. The most absurd thing so far was the "Complete 25 strikes" bullshit.....

Seriously? You want me to run 25 strikes when there are only 5 in the game? Its like they are proud of the repetitive nature that they have built in Destiny.

Column_sl

shitlord
Im curious what they will do with the Iron Banner this time. In beta it was all levels.

My guess is it will either be a 5 level spread, or a 10 level.

A light level 29-30 should theoratically rape faces, but i'm not sure how they will crunch the numbers on that one. It was still a mystery even in Beta

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This. I did the same thing with Titanfall and BF4. I played Titanfall for all of 10 days, then never put it in the xbox again.

I loved BF4, but the DLCs sucked. Hopefully the industry will move away from that crap.
I disagree - DLC is a great way to insert more life into a COMPLETED game. However all developers and games do it differently and in Destiny's case its just god awful. I wonder if Bungie realized how much they are tarnishing that awesome name they had with the playerbase by this debacle.

At any rate i love DLC for most games so long as the game itself was complete before hand. I wouldnt mind it in Destiny if it felt like we had actually accomplished anything at all in this game prior to its release. However this feels like some cheaply made episodic game handed to us via bait/switch. I liked DLC in Borderlands, Gears, and CoD (Extinction).

For Destiny it just feels like i will be getting what should have been in the game since Day 1, and if the DLC does not atleast DOUBLE the amount of strikes and add 2 more raids it will be terrible. They could get away with 1 raid so long as it had like 6+ bosses, and i dont mean 2 bosses + 2 spawning events.

I remember when raids were discussed and they touted how you'd need to progress through the raid to get the gear to complete it.

What happened to THAT game? Progress through 1 boss to get shards to beat the next, oh i mean last!

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
There's just way too much horde mode. Vault of Glass is actually pretty fun, but it's still just "hold this objective" for most of it. They need more variety.

I wouldn't hold out for doubling the number of strikes. I'd guess maybe 2 more, plus 1 raid per expansion.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
The most absurd thing so far was the "Complete 25 strikes" bullshit.....

Seriously? You want me to run 25 strikes when there are only 5 in the game? Its like they are proud of the repetitive nature that they have built in Destiny.
I cannot agree more with this, I just did it for my Bad Juju and was just amazed at how someone designed this with pure grind and repetitive natured playing as a requirement.

I am seriously disappointed in a studio like Bungie to have released a game like this with such a shitty story and so little to do. :/

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
There's plenty to bitch about, and that's honestly enough for most people. I can jump on for a couple hours, run some strikes with friends and laugh about how shitty the game is... and then realize it's 1am on a week night and I've got meetings in the morning.

The gameplay is great. What they need is a lot more of it, and less randomization in the loot scheme.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The season pass for Borderlands 2 was worth it in my view. We got a ton of entertainment out of all the DLC included in that package.

I think the lackluster implementation of the Queen event (go run the same stuff you already have been, only harder for terrible rewards after you do it twice!) Followed by a PVP event that actually includes a new game mode is a bad play on their part.

That and despite their whole notion of a low level cap so that people could easily play with friends irrespective of total /played time is countered by Light Level being very important. You really aren't going to want to Carry your freshly 20 buddy through the Weekly, much less a Nightfall. Heck it's a pain in the dailystory even.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
That and despite their whole notion of a low level cap so that people could easily play with friends irrespective of total /played time is countered by Light Level being very important. You really aren't going to want to Carry your freshly 20 buddy through the Weekly, much less a Nightfall. Heck it's a pain in the dailystory even.
That last problem is easily solved by scaling damage taken and dealt to mobs differently than it is now. The gulf in effectiveness between a 27 and a 28 is vast. Rather than a 30% penalty, why not 10%? Or 15? It's quite annoying to take such a huge hit to damage, especially when doing something like trying to level a new item.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
While I do have my complaints about this game like anybody else though I feel like I should mention how much I fucking loved Vault of Glass and the entire concept of raiding done in this FPS.

The entire raid was massive in scale in comparison to strikes and I desperately wanted that. I also liked having a 6 man team as I am a huge fan of large groups for PVE stuff, so it was refreshing to be able to play with more than just the same 2 guys on my friends list and get something done.

One of my favorite concepts that was surprisingly well executed throughout the raid was the way they used mechanics in a shooter that hasn't really been done before (it should have been, but that's an entirely different post) such as the relic curse turning your screen black if you waited too long without a cleanse or the static that built up on your screen near the Templar boss or whatever his name was. The oracles were nothing exciting or new but it was a cool mechanic that when combined with the other shit made sure everyone had something to do. I don't know, it all just felt very good to be playing a shooter and doing more than just shooting stuff - as stupid as that might sound. I am 1000% keeping this game solely for the raids and to see where they go with it.

The emphasis on teamwork was fantastic & satisfying.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
My only complaint with Vault of Glass is the number of insta-kill mechanics. It's far too easy for a team to wipe.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I always refuse to buy DLC.. it's a shady-as-fuck practice in almost every case (Destiny, BF4, etc), especially games like this where it is proven they've taken things out of the game only to resell them in expansions. I don't mind paying for an MMO expansion with hundreds of hours of content, I do mind paying for 2-3 hours of DLC content.