Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
They got over 500k was a pretty awesome last day for sure. It was also the biggest charity stream done by gamers which is also pretty cool. #forthekids

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
They also had Luke Smith (Destiny Dev) jump into the stream and say he'd reveal secrets about the fabled 7th VoG chest if the charity broke $420k. Needless to say, it was a troll pretending to be Luke Smith so no go.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rise of Iron pre-load today. 13 gb patch. Mostly just cosmetic changes went live today (new title screen/music, slightly modified UI, grainy effect added (bug?), exotic boots decrypting at 335+ light (bug?), a new sidearm exotic is obtainable from special weapon exotic engrams (probaby another bug), and other stuff I'm forgetting/don't know about yet).

spronk

FPS noob
anything worth doing before RoI? I guess you could collect engrams and delete your old gear and shit, I assume there will be a bunch of new quests that hand out new loot and stuff. Anyone know what level blues will start at for the level 42 (?)'s once you finish leveling up? I'm not sure whats safe to delete and whats necessary to keep

People were talking about getting 355 light boots from exotic boot engrams and a new 355 sidearm from special weaps exotic engrams but alas I have none

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I got exotic engrams from 3oCs for the first three things I did today (heroic strike and 2 crucible matches). It stopped at 3 though :(
The removal of legendary engrams from the loot pool after crucible matches definitely has more of the crucible-only weapons dropping. I got a pretty damn good eyasluna after 3-4 matches (sureshot, rifled barrel, hidden hand), only my second ever. I'm still chasing a Party Crasher...

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So with the gear reset, would this be a good time to jump back into this? Pretty much still rocking y1 gear but I have been itching to give this game another try.

spronk

FPS noob

played 2-3 hours this week, cleaning up my inventory and shit. can't really figure out how to get items to drop above level 300, guess kinda suck until RoI

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was very eager when Destiny launched (as many were) and cautiously optimistic for the Taken King. Now I am feeling very ambivalent towards this new expansion and am pretty sure I won't get it on release unless several friends leave Overwatch to give it a whirl.

Beyond the general malaise that set in after awhile I feel that the market segment targeting of this is not aimed in my direction. First impression of the setting is Cosmodrome part two with more reskinned Fallen. It also thematically ties into story/lore elements associated with PVP and that was never the appealing part of Destiny to me.

It is disheartening to see something that was introduced with such a grandiose and epic feel become so meh. Do they even have a long term plot anymore?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nope. They fucked that when they cut half the game to sell as DLC.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im wondering how long they will reskin those vanilla assets before introducing something actually new. I mean sure you got a wolf and such but man i just cant fathom tossing another dime their way.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I dislike most about this "expansion" is that it doesn't carry the main story forward, at all. The Taken King and April Update were both really good for Destiny, but this just seems like a distraction. That launch trailer was really bland too...got no hype from it. I'll play it for a month, then stop til D2.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Oh and just when you thought they were done experimenting with just how much gamers will put up with...

‘Destiny: Rise Of Iron’ Features Paid Reputation Boosts; New Hotfixes Coming Sept. 19

You can now buy reputation with vendors for cash.

Destiny: Rise of Iron will add a new item to the Eververse Trading Company inventory; an item that will increase the rate at which Destiny players improve their reputation with the House of Judgment. The item will also be added to the game’s loot table for Radiant and Sterling treasures; however, it will not be a common drop. The only way to ensure you’ll get the boost will be to purchase Silver, using real money, and spending it on House of Judgment Reputation Boosters at Tess Everiss’ shop. She’ll also sell boosters to improve Vanguard and Crucible reputation gains.

Piece of shit company, piece of shit game.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Wanted to give this another try. Re-downloaded it, patched it and logged in to find that there was this god awful looking film grain filter. Asked my friend how to turn it off and he tells me I "can't because it's a bug with the latest patch".... Are you fucking kidding me!? How is something like that not taken back down and hotfixed ASAP?? Then I remembered the various time that would happen with Xur not showing up and various other bugs Bungie took their time fixing and it sounded about right. Instantly closed the game and booted back up Overwatch, fuck that shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
They've really gone out of their way to make it impossible to purchase on XB1. If you look it up in the store it forces you to pay for the 60 dollar version, there is no option at all for the normal 30 dollar version.

I had to jump through hoops and contact customer service just to purchase the regular 30 dollar version...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have everything up to Taken King. Tons of posts on their forums about people having the same issue.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Why should this shock anyone and why the hell would you buy this shit.
My son is and he is so pumped about custom matches for PVP, he talks about it daily.

He is finally going to be able to tell who is better amongst his friends is what he thinks.

"But dad we can turn on white weapons so nobody will be using the OP ones".