Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you hit 340, just run Perfected Sepkis or Wretched Eye (both at 320 Normal from the Director), you will get 2-3 decrypted blues that are +1 to +3 higher than your current LL; those blues will take you to 365. Easy, but a bit boring. At 350+ you could run the Heroic strike playlist, since it seems you have a higher chance at getting the Skeleton Keys to open the chest at the end of a strike for specific loots.

Go check out the Archon Forge event too (good advice, slowly go up into the arena so you get put into a populated instance. You can get so much loot doing that event if you have enough people around. The new patrol area, Plaguelands, is good, but still smaller than any other vanilla patrol area (but lvl42 at least).

prescient

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just picked this up on xbone, and am enjoying it. I'm admittedly terrible as I haven't played any video games in a few years, but if anyone wants to run some strike playlists my xblive gamertag is URNotMySuprvsr.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Scratching my head at their choice of giving us another sword instead of an ax. I mean it's not like there were already 9 different models of those in the game already and the promotional material focused on big ass axes. The temporary disposable ones seem to be all over the place at least.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
"Big ass axe" exotic costs extra. Check back in the eververse for a chance to claim a rare engram that might decript into a "big ass axe" or another dance emote. Only 500 silver coins (5.99 usd) which can be traded for a gold orb which is traded to the cryptarch for a key to a chest in next DLC's console exclusive strike.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
did 4/5 raid bosses in a pug with everyone at 358-362 light (I was 360), we 1 shot all the bosses except the 4th one which took 3 attempts. I bounced at that point due to dinner time, I doubt they cleared it though since the last boss is a bit of a DPS check and all the adds are 380 light so going underleveled will be super tough. I did get a couple of 365 drops including an artifact which is nice. The raid was fun to see once but I didn't really find it that amazing, just a whole lot of asset reuse.

The zamboni fight is probably the funnest though, but the entire thing felt more like a strike than a raid.

If you wanna actually raid I'd definitely do the omnigul farm to go from 335-361, takes about 3-4 hours with a good team and is 20x faster than any other way of leveling up. After that you can run strikes and PVP and shit to crawl from 360 to 365, and do the raid anytime after 360 although you'd really want your entire team 370+ for the last boss, just so people don't get 1 shot by adds.

ironbanner starts tomorrow too good way to grind up since you have to play so many games for rank 5

Last edited:

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this game worth buying an XBone to play?

Casual friendly or really grindy to do anything?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Is this game worth buying an XBone to play?

Casual friendly or really grindy to do anything?

There's a lot of salty cooters about Destiny but it's a really fun game to play through. I have only done the PUG stuff, the one raid I did left a sour taste in my mouth, but all the other stuff is really fun until you get bored.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Playing with friends is funny, I'm very casual and play maybe 1-2 hours a week and still have tons to do.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i got the Y3 thorn bounty today for turning in one of the 4 weekly iron lord bounties, its easier than before (you dont lose points for deaths in PVP) but still a bit of a grind. They also figured out the secret chest in the raid, it seems pretty complicated but cool and apparently unlocks an exotic fusion rifle quest, ala touch of malice from taken king

the game is like world of warcraft if you are pretty casual, you can login and have a MILLION things to do and never enough time to do it all, and the bonus is its free. There is little matchmaking in game though so the end tier stuff is locked away behind making/finding your own groups, but for all the basic casual stuff the game does matchmaking, especially PVP

it is pretty much a grindathon though, if you love running the same shit a million times for +1 gooder then you will love it, if you hate that shit you will get bored fast. the story is a joke, the lore is awesome.

also lots of rumors about destiny 2 today, like its going to be on PC, its a completely new game and they are using next gen fully and making it open world ala wow/etc and no more hubs and shit that you have to go through multiple loading screens. cities and towns all over the place, all open and you can matchmake from in them and keep doing other stuff, like LFG in MMOs

spronk

FPS noob
did the 4th monitor thing today in the raid, it wasn't really hard at all just need to coordinate 2 people reading numbers and 4 people jumping onto the right platforms, when it unlocks the giant triangle there is a chest inside with guaranteed exotic engram (first time or every week, dunno) and that cool No Man's Sky-ish emblem. Still can't kill the last boss in pugs though, mostly cuz everyone is like 360-365 light and we either get destroyed by captains or can't do enough damage to the boss. I'm sure once everyone is 380+ it'll be a lot easier, good raid tho

this is the weapon you get if you do the 5 monitors, kill the last boss, and then do another 4-6 hours of stuff to finish the quest (including clearing the raid again)
outbreak-prime-destiny.jpg

Diemess

did the 4th monitor thing today in the raid, it wasn't really hard at all just need to coordinate 2 people reading numbers and 4 people jumping onto the right platforms, when it unlocks the giant triangle there is a chest inside with guaranteed exotic engram (first time or every week, dunno) and that cool No Man's Sky-ish emblem. Still can't kill the last boss in pugs though, mostly cuz everyone is like 360-365 light and we either get destroyed by captains or can't do enough damage to the boss. I'm sure once everyone is 380+ it'll be a lot easier, good raid tho

this is the weapon you get if you do the 5 monitors, kill the last boss, and then do another 4-6 hours of stuff to finish the quest (including clearing the raid again)
View attachment 80020

Got the gun the same day Datto and his crew solved the monitor puzzle. Gonna get a second on my warlock to infuse that into my raid scout rifle.

So these destiny 2 rumors....interesting. An open world game would be pretty sick, I'm all for that. The current "social" hubs are retarded. You can't join someone's fireteam unless you add them as a friend. Hopefully bungie makes it easier to join player's groups..

spronk

FPS noob
if they don't matchmake everything except hard raids it'll be sad. They also need to 100% carry forward peoples characters, a lot of people are going to be super pissed if you have to restart from scratch. Even if its just look, name, and some minor gear stuff (collectibles, ship, etc).

killed aksis today in a pug, took almost two hours but it was fun. its different how now everyone has to be on the ball and has a job to do that changes at any moment, I think maybe its tuned a little too hard for normal but I guess it makes more sense to tune it down later, rather than everyone 1 shotting it the first week

Diemess

Agreed, it would be pretty stupid if they completely wiped out our characters. They should add in a new class or two instead and disable the use of 'Spark of Light' [item that instantly gets you to lvl40].

--

Aksis isn't that bad, it's a pure communication fight. If you got empowerments down and your group is able to get phase 3 dmg phase, you're golden. Even early deaths are nothing to worry about, it's during empowerments you want to stay alive. Once everyone in the group is on the same page it makes things a whole lot easier.

I honestly think Oryx was more difficult.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
What light can you realistically start the raid at? I'm creeping slowly through strikes and am up to 359 now. First time in Destiny I haven't been "raid ready" within 2 weeks of the release. Haven't even tried to get the new Outbreak Prime yet, which is very unlike me. Having a baby around the house has seriously cut into my playtime.

spronk

FPS noob
359-362 is fine for the first 4 bosses, the problem you are going to run into now is that people are going to get more and more elitist about forming groups and will want people 370+ or already have the raid badge

iron banner starts in a few hours and will be a good way to level up, this weeks nightfall is sepiks siva no burn but shields only take damage from the right burn so thats a real pain in the ass