Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
I'm just mostly confused as to whether I should keep all my shitty class armor from VOG/Crota/etc, get presumably higher level greens and blues from the new quest lines that open up on 9/20 and infuse my old stuff with new stuff, or if all my old stuff is total crap now and I should just shard it all. Fortunately with the move to ps4/xbone only they really opened up the bank vaults and I moved like 100 pieces of armors and guns via the web app (DIM) to my vault and I can put off the decision till later.

Theres all kinds of weird MMOish stuff in game now, like you get a AIDS-like virus that is transmitted in PVP that gives you more XP/rep, or all the cash shop stuff for vanity stuff everywhere, or proximity voice stuff. Still really disappointing though that matchmaking is not turned on for anything at the highest level of content.

I expect to really have fun for 2 weeks and then probably hit a hard wall I can't get past. Worth $30 to me, better than the shitty Recore, Tearaway, or other games I recently bought.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've been having fun with the game playing with a friend, so the 30 bucks ain't no thang to me Ut.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm just mostly confused as to whether I should keep all my shitty class armor from VOG/Crota/etc, get presumably higher level greens and blues from the new quest lines that open up on 9/20 and infuse my old stuff with new stuff, or if all my old stuff is total crap now and I should just shard it all. .

If I'm understanding what you're saying, you can't infuse your VoG and CE gear up, so keep it for nostalgia or shard it if you don't have vault space. The old raid gear is from year one and therefore can not be infused to higher light. Only the King's Fall gear will be infusable up to year 3.

Hekotat

Damn, just got my first Legendary drop. Lord of Wolves shotgun, it has a magazine of 36 rounds and fires 5-6 shots quickly. Then I got a horn kit that dropped the Rinzler loooking Tron sparrow.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Damn, just got my first Legendary drop. Lord of Wolves shotgun, it has a magazine of 36 rounds and fires 5-6 shots quickly. Then I got a horn kit that dropped the Rinzler loooking Tron sparrow.

You mean exotic (exotics are yellow, legendary stuff is purple). Lord of wolves is nice. Huge ammo clip/reserve. Functions more like a pulse rifle than a shotgun. Much better range than the stat bar would have you think.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Infection event going on is pretty odd, I think each Infection stacks with the others, so if you get all 5 you can make a lot of xp/rep. With all 5 on my Titan, I was getting around 326 Vanguard rep from doing the Heroic Strike playlist (Infections, VG buff, Playlist buff). I hope the story makes some sense, because right now it doesn't, unless I've misunderstood the Destiny timeline. It seems that SIVA was around before/during the Collapse, but that the Iron Lords were also around prior to the Collapse, but there were no Guardians before the Traveler blew the Darkness away and sent out Ghosts to create the Guardians?

spronk

FPS noob
small patch today to fix stuff like the film grain, downloads fast but its a ps4 game level patch so it takes like 45 minutes to prep and download 100 meg update, might wanna get it all ready before launch at 5AM est tomorrow

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, UT still bitter old man, the game touched him in his no-no square.

Over 800 hours played and well worth every penny of the $150 or whatever I paid for this game for 2 yrs going on the 3rd. Pve is solid, PvP is even more solid. Now with private matches, so I can go in with my son and show him how its done.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I got my money out of it. Still doesn't mean it isn't a sham what they did to everything. I liked TKK.

spronk

FPS noob
Did 3 of the story missions so far, I think there are like 5-6 total for RoI. Kinda disappointed, the story and locations are pretty lame so far and the new social location is boring. I guess after fighting a literal God and destroyer of trillions of souls, its hard to top that.

For every story mission you finish you get two pieces of 320 gear, which you can either equip or infuse into your existing purp/exotic gear. Thats the first 3 missions anyways, I think it rises up to 350 near the end. The level cap is now something like 385 I think and the normal raid suggests 350. The raid doesn't open till friday. I think it takes a total of 5-6 hours to unlock the raid on a single character.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Son said King Nathalion or wtfever that streamer's name is pretty much maxed out his lvl in an hour by using heavy ammo synth turn ins.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Son said King Nathalion or wtfever that streamer's name is pretty much maxed out his lvl in an hour by using heavy ammo synth turn ins.

That guy will then go on and complain how he's bored.

You and your son going to be raiding this expansion? I had fun with you all during TK. Especially when you'd make fun of your son and embarrass the shit out of him.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

You and your son going to be raiding this expansion? I had fun with you all during TK. Especially when you'd make fun of your son and embarrass the shit out of him.
He will be for sure, I doubt I will but I did update it in case.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Most people are already bored after 3 hours. It's a reskin of existing content so not sure why anyone would expect otherwise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i can't believe people are like light 380 already, thats just insane. just grinding level up turnins or strikes or engram farming. I hit 340 pretty easy but after that its basically just grind farming, fuck that noise gonna go play some death star on battlefront instead

I couldn't even imagine doing it on all 3 characters, plus when the raid drops you are doing the same thing just so you can run the hard mode raid

there are three exotic quests to do - one for the khalistov (Sic) which is an exotic version of the very first weapon you get, the gallyhorn y2, and the new (?) thorn which you get randomly upon a bounty turn in like the old one. Almost done with the khali one, gonna work on gally tonight or tomorrow

To me, the new "leveling system", and its been in the game a while, is just awful and boring. Get drop, if its higher light level than your gear, infuse your gear. Great, simple and easy... but boring. And in times like this its just a mega grind, where you are just burning items for levels and on the prowl constantly for engrams. Old school MMO way of item at a fixed level, RNG on whether its better or not is much more fun.

Last edited:

Nija

<Silver Donator>
So they're just re-using existing content again? Man, bummer.

I just picked up The Division for $15. Guess I'll get my Destiny-fix from that in the meantime.

Hekotat

Yea this was a rip for 30 bucks. Back to waiting for a few months after a release to see if it is worth it.