Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Bungie's servers will be ready to go as soon as it is Sept 9th anywhere in the world. Meanwhile Xbox and PSN decide to do the digital release at midnight PST... why not midnight EST? *sigh*

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bungie's servers will be ready to go as soon as it is Sept 9th anywhere in the world. Meanwhile Xbox and PSN decide to do the digital release at midnight PST... why not midnight EST? *sigh*
I thought PSN was making it available on the 5th and then we'd just be waiting for the servers to go live around the 9th? Sounds like PSN is going to hold back a small file or 2 so we can't fully preload? I don't understand the point of that. You can't play the game at all without the Destiny servers being up, so why the need to lock us out Sony.
frown.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I hope the midnight 'anywhere' release helps alleviate the servers being complete shit after work next Tuesday.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
You can download it on the 5th (Xbox you can download it right now) but it won't be usable until the magic hour. Thus people who go to brick-and-mortar stores at midnight in NY will be able to start playing prior to any of the digital downloaders.

Column_sl

shitlord
I don't think its going to alleviate anything. They still have to download a good portion from the site, and the amount of places that sell it early will be very few.
Gamestop, Best Buy, and Frys are definitely not doing it in my area. I guess you could luck out and find it at a walmart, but I doubt you are going to get the edition you want.

It sucks that they are doing this in a competitive game that is highly based on gear, and levels. The pvpers that get in early will have a HUGE advantage if the beta was any indicator.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Ultimately I'm still happy with my PSN digital guardian pre-order. I never anticipated playing before 12PST/2CST and I definitely don't want to drive to the store, stand in line, then come home and still have to install & patch. That's assuming you got a physical edition. You can't even get your digital code from brick & mortar until 12PST from your receipt. On top of of that, Bungie's comment was still super vague and a part of me thinks that people are reading into it more than they should. It is Bungie after all.

I still don't think they will open the flood gates until 2AM PDT. I haven't seen any confirmation from Bungie. Just speculation from a lot of people who want to play the game. Somewhere in the world could still mean PDT. IMO its written cryptic intentionally.

Bungie via twitter_sl said:
Destiny servers will admit Guardians as soon as it is September 9th somewhere in the world. When you play is between you and your retailer.https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/503357717566599168

Column_sl

shitlord
Has anyone found a compiled a list of everything in the Beta? Such as how to do the dailys, how to farm money etc

I want to give that to a friend who hasn't played the Beta yet, but there is just too much info all over the place.

I could make it for him myself, but that sounds like work ;P

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think any of that info is relevant anymore except maybe how the gun stats work which is confusing.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think they added numbers and some more info on the stats due to how confusing it was

Column_sl

shitlord
I don't think any of that info is relevant anymore except maybe how the gun stats work which is confusing.
The basics stuff is still relevant. Such as the best way to farm money, and vanguard rep etc. How to properly level up vendors
I know this crap by heart, but I've yet to see anything to help new players.

I just had him order the guide.

Anyway here is a Raid matchmaking tool people made

http://thatwizardcamefromthemoon.com/

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Haha its coming at some point regardless! What else would they be announcing at this point tho?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Why would they announce a different platform less than a week before their console launch? Many people have preordered digital version, which cannot be canceled(at least not without some level of hassle). There's 0% chance they are announcing the PC version today or anytime before the 9/9 launch.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's pretty obvious going by Bungies track record with ports that a PC version will not come for awhile. They are not going to announce that anyway when there about to launch on the consoles.

Looking a year down the road for a PC port, and they will announce that when it's ready to drum up sales.

My guess it has something to do with the preloading on the PS4/PS3 that starts today at noon.

Good news for PlayStation owners: you can now pre-ordered the digital version of Bungie's upcoming shared-world shooter through the PlayStation Network. In addition, pre-loading will be available starting September 4 on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, according to the game's page. T