Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Zaide

TLP Idealist
No word on a PC release date, I'd love to get in on the PC launch rush though.

After doing it the whole Oryx fight sadly just seems like one long dps check. If you've got it you win and if not you'll slowly fall behind until you fail a stagger and wipe.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Guy in my FB group is saying that you can run strike playlists to get the loot buff, and then when you land a Dreadnought strike just go straight to Court of Oryx with your group and do kills there for a shitload of engrams.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guy in my FB group is saying that you can run strike playlists to get the loot buff, and then when you land a Dreadnought strike just go straight to Court of Oryx with your group and do kills there for a shitload of engrams.
That is ingenious! How many strikes does it take for the buff to reach max?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think it keeps stacking. Some dudes on Reddit tested this over a 24 hour period with 50 strikes and started getting exotic engrams to drop.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, the rep gains seem to cap at 44 for Vanguard, at least after 2 hours of running strikes last night it never went higher (with VG rep buff class item on as well). I did see a guy get an exotic engram though. Gotta say when Undying Mind is all Vex, and people use their supers at the right time...glorious.

spronk

FPS noob
there isn't going to be a pc version of destiny, maybe destiny 2 but such a multiplayer, loot driven game has to be pretty wary of pc release since you will have to deploy considerable assets to fight hacking and code exploits. I wouldn't be surprised if there is never a pc port of destiny to be honest, they get good marketing money from sony for making PS4 the premium platform for it (bundles, featured on the PSN store, exclusive strikes/gear, etc) and no doubt sony and microsoft will fight hard for the same for destiny 2.

re: infusions, if your item is within 5 levels it will get the new max level. ie take a 295 item, if the lower item is 290 it will become 295. 289 however will turn into 293 or 294. So a good thing to do is find a purple armor piece you really like, regardless of item level, and slowly infuse it up multiple times. Thats why keep all your blue armor within certain ranges, especially for alts, once everyone is beyond a tier then you can just disenchant everything but until then save stuff for infusing.

Also if you do the vanguard quest line that starts with do 5 strikes, then 5 heroic strikes, then finally a nightfall you get a 300 shotgun. Can do it on 3 chars and have 3 300 weapons to infuse other weps.

also had a new icon in my weekly/daily menu, it was zone control and gave +10 marks. seperate from daily pvp, dunno if its a weekly button or daily or if it unlocked cuz i did something

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Good to know about Infusion. I'm trying to save for Bad Juju and planned to level it up as much as I can. I miss that gun.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I just did the intro Taken King quest this morning and hot damn that is how you set up an expansion. That was friggin intense.

Fadaar

That guy
Fired up the game for the first time in nearly a year, have yet to do Taken King stuff yet gonna grind up to 40 first.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Fired up the game for the first time in nearly a year, have yet to do Taken King stuff yet gonna grind up to 40 first.
You should just go through the story line - you will get 40 just by doing that and level gear at the same time - it will be much more entertaining, and worthwhile from a gear perspective.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I don't know why people are skipping the quests. You get 300 level items from completing these quest chains.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't know why people are skipping the quests. You get 300 level items from completing these quest chains.
But they are time consuming and trickle in. granted the first thing youo need to do is get to 40 and finish main quest first, but the best way to get that light up by far is the 36 strike list. Then the options open up for you to do more shit, like the daily at 240, then the heroics which are 260 and the nightfall and raid that is 290. And doing so makes the quests easier to do because you are geared up. Then you can go back and fill in the slots with exotics and purps that the side quests give to finally push you over that 290 mark. I kind of did a bit of both because grinding no stop strikes gets dull, but definitely got the most bang doing the 36 strike playlists and court of oryx .

I tried some of those quests, like the one that takes you to the vault of glass when I was like 220 light and got destroyed. Had to ask my son for help on that one. We did it but it would of been way easier and done solo if I leveled up first to like 250.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah just jump right into the taken king quest. It starts on rings of saturn, phobos. Like Ut said, this will level you up, get good lewtz, and open up the strikes and other activities you need to do to advance.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
For those waiting for this on PC, I wouldn't hold your breath. I read somewhere that Bungie is only like around 500 employees and they don't have the resources to develop on another platform, they are already busy with the four they have (ps 3, ps 4, xbox 360, xbox one). They did, however, say they were interested in getting this done for the PC at some point.

My guess is whenever Destiny 2 actually drops, they will have stopped developing for the ps3 and xbox360, then will have the ability to divert manpower for PC development, and at that time move forward on 3 platforms.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Picked up the legendary edition at Costco today for $50 so that was nice. Thought it was appropriate to get a picture of my 2 year old holding the game considering he had pre-ordered the game a year ago just by mashing controller buttons. (had to get a refund)

Gonna go out and Google a beginners guide to make sure I don't miss anything. Really like bows so I want to go hunter but love tanks as well. Hard choice.