Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
We would also be down for a weekly group, she's a Hunter and I'm a Titan
smile.png

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
There is no bug with detonations not hitting him. The two people who are not doing detonations need to constantly DPS him (with their primaries is fine) to keep his chest "open" for the bombs to hit. If one of them stops DPSing or dies or whatever then the bombs will do zero damage to him. There is no visual cue or anything that the chest closes, other than the bomb detonations doing no damage to him. The relic holder can & should use touch of malice for this part, its great since you can basically stream bullets into him non stop. Just using ToM is dangerous since if you forget to reload in the shadow realm you will kill yourself, fast.

I've seen a number of groups say "oh, it must be a bug, lets make someone else fireteam leader" but nah its one guy who forgot to keep shooting oryx's chest
Is this really correct? I ask because when we do Oryx, me (holding the relic, people are apparently afraid of the "huge" responsibiliby of jumping on platforms....) and the spare usualy dont hit Oryx at all. We spend our time cleaning out the add spawns so the guys running to and from the bombs dont get wasted while semi-blind, and this has worked flawlessly so far. We get Oryx to the shade stage at the second relic and usualy kill him at the 4th. Never noticed that the DPS was lacking doing this.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wed/Thur I don't work at all so I will just kind of be around all day.

Do we have six people interested in a weekly group? I led raids for Atheon and know this raid well enough with 3 classes geared enough for it.

Just add a_skeleton_03 on PSN. Post here if you would like a weekly group.
Id be down for that but i tend to play later at night est time. But yeah fuck pugs. Ive learned my lessons back during vog and crota.

nuday

Golden Squire
I ran it with two PUGS this weekend and we got to the second boss, which sounds shitty until you take into account that the first PUG was 4 kids who sounded like they were in middle school. Second one was actually pretty good but we spent way too long trying to figure out why the switch puzzle wasn't opening the chest for us and lost some people. Good thing about both was that it gave me time to learn the two fights fairly well.

Anyway: if anybody is interested in raiding on friday/saturday nights message me and I'll give you my PSN name. I'm a 294 warlock.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
The only way I would be down for a weekly group is if we never, ever did more than a section per day. I attempted to do the raid on Saturday night and I have no idea how anyone finds that whole experience fun.

spronk

FPS noob
Is this really correct? I ask because when we do Oryx, me (holding the relic, people are apparently afraid of the "huge" responsibiliby of jumping on platforms....) and the spare usualy dont hit Oryx at all. We spend our time cleaning out the add spawns so the guys running to and from the bombs dont get wasted while semi-blind, and this has worked flawlessly so far. We get Oryx to the shade stage at the second relic and usualy kill him at the 4th. Never noticed that the DPS was lacking doing this.
If you detonate really quickly after he stagger falls, like within 7 seconds, then it doesn't matter. but yeah groups that take longer (most Pugs) need the center people to keep shooting his chest to keep it open for the bombs to hit him.

just did my morning draksis 3OC 10 minute farm run and on my second kill got two exotic engrams to drop on one kill. pretty cool. got my 5th 310 supercell.

Iron Banner starts tomorrow, ToO this weekend, and many people think Oryx Hard mode will unlock friday.\

this was a good pic listing all the loot you can get from kings fall
https://i.imgur.com/oBFmdtl.jpg

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you detonate really quickly after he stagger falls, like within 7 seconds, then it doesn't matter. but yeah groups that take longer (most Pugs) need the center people to keep shooting his chest to keep it open for the bombs to hit him.

just did my morning draksis 3OC 10 minute farm run and on my second kill got two exotic engrams to drop on one kill. pretty cool. got my 5th 310 supercell.

Iron Banner starts tomorrow, ToO this weekend, and many people think Oryx Hard mode will unlock friday.\

this was a good pic listing all the loot you can get from kings fall
https://i.imgur.com/oBFmdtl.jpg
This seems right. I got into another Oryx pug last night and we killed him in one go. Some differences from the previous pug; One person had ToM, 4 people were in the 300-304 range (rather than 2), detonations happened quickly, and we didn't have someone stand on the last platform during the relic run so it allowed another floater to burn down ogres. Oryx gave me a shitty 307 hand cannon (awful perks), but it allowed me to hit 301...which let me turn in all the exotics I'd saved up the past week. Those turned into a 310 monte carlo, 2 310 warlock chests (voidfang / starfire...sucky ones) all the rest were 290s. I used the 310's exotics and the 307 hand cannon to raise my preferred primary (hung jury to 310, and my Alchemist Raiment to 310). Sitting at 303 now, so not bad.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The only way I would be down for a weekly group is if we never, ever did more than a section per day. I attempted to do the raid on Saturday night and I have no idea how anyone finds that whole experience fun.
If people know what they are doing the raid takes an hour.

This seems right. I got into another Oryx pug last night and we killed him in one go. Some differences from the previous pug; One person had ToM, 4 people were in the 300-304 range (rather than 2), detonations happened quickly, and we didn't have someone stand on the last platform during the relic run so it allowed another floater to burn down ogres. Oryx gave me a shitty 307 hand cannon (awful perks), but it allowed me to hit 301...which let me turn in all the exotics I'd saved up the past week. Those turned into a 310 monte carlo, 2 310 warlock chests (voidfang / starfire...sucky ones) all the rest were 290s. I used the 310's exotics and the 307 hand cannon to raise my preferred primary (hung jury to 310, and my Alchemist Raiment to 310). Sitting at 303 now, so not bad.
I don't understand how people can't get their own ogre down. Even when I am on the last platform where I don't need to stand I stay up there anyways for better line of sight on everything and I get my ogre down solo quite easily.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Ah, never done it in a pug so have yet to run into that problem. Thank you for the explanation.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
If people know what they are doing the raid takes an hour.

I don't understand how people can't get their own ogre down. Even when I am on the last platform where I don't need to stand I stay up there anyways for better line of sight on everything and I get my ogre down solo quite easily.
Yeah. I guess my experience was with a group where 2 knew the fights, and everyone else was learning. We got to Oryx, but it was a 7pm-1am ordeal with one 30 minute break.

I'm now on Oryx and know about 3/4ths of the fight. I do know enough that when I tried a few pugs yesterday afternoon, I had a 12 year old kid screaming out that he needed help with his ogre I just peaced out of that group.

When is the raid reset? Tuesday? Man, I doubt I'll be able to beat Oryx tonight. It would be nice to do that, but unlikely.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I took the day off for Columbus day so I might be online and able to help with a raid. Send a friend request to a_skeleton_03 on PS4.

The Chargers are playing tonight at 8:30 EST so I should be in my chair watching that and on the PS4 also so let's say oh around 8 PM EST tonight I will post in here and be online and we we will see what we have available.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I took the day off for Columbus day so I might be online and able to help with a raid. Send a friend request to a_skeleton_03 on PS4.

The Chargers are playing tonight at 8:30 EST so I should be in my chair watching that and on the PS4 also so let's say oh around 8 PM EST tonight I will post in here and be online and we we will see what we have available.
Ill be on around that time also.

lanludar

Silver Squire
Just started playing this recently and hit 40. At 234 is light right now. Looking to do Cota and Vault raids for the story and fun of it if anyone is interested. Lanludar is my PSN Id and looking for any friends playing this right now.

Faize_sl

shitlord
if you need another for weekly raid id probobly be down as long as its not too late, 309 warlock/303 hunter/304 titan and ive ran relic on titan just pick a time

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, new patch out:

Players can now reroll Stat nodes and Upgrade nodes on Exotic armor via the ?Twist Fate? node
Twist Fate will require Glimmer, Armor materials, and a Glass Needle, which will be available from Xur during his weekly visits (Nice)

Sources for Motes of Light have been adjusted:
From completing Public Events have been increased by approximately 100%
From earning XP post-40 have been increased from 3 -> 5
From Faction Rep packages have been reduced from 5 -> 4
From dismantling Rare and Legendary Items have been reduced by approximately 25-30%
From Daily Vanguard and Crucible Bounties have been reduced by approximately 50%

Sources for Strange Coins have been adjusted:
From Faction Rep packages have been reduced from 5 -> 4
From Daily Vanguard and Crucible Bounties have been reduced by approximately 50%

Weapon Parts from dismantling Uncommon or Rare Weapons have been reduced by around 25%
Weapon Part turn-ins at Factions increased from +50 Rep to +75 Rep per turn-in
Materials recovered by Ghost Extractor upgrades reduced (but still guaranteed)

^Sucks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It sucks, but I could totally see them nerfing SC droprates. They are just too common and drop from everything it seems. I get SC from engrams, 3SC from crucible, SC from dailies, strike playlists... I have over 180 when I just spent a ton buying 50 3oC and heavy ammo packs.

As to the weapon mats, I have no idea why they are nerfing those. I hear people bitching all the time how they are always out upgrading their shit. All the meanwhile I have about 500 armor parts.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
just heard on twitch, it will cost you $45 to buy all the new emotes and what not.