Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
Yeah you can reload - lol that would be a retarded design choice - not to mention the raid weapons are almost all pieces of shit with no purpose but to be infused into better weapons - Hopefully hardmode raid weapons are infuse fodder.
I like the sniper and shotgun. They are convenient. I like wasting all the ammo and not having to spend time to reload.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Does hard mode drop today or tomorrow? I'm up to 307 now so I'll try to check it out this weekend as well.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I used shotgot for a bit but then the Gunsmith had the Thesan delivered and never looked back - ordered another one this week for next armsmith day.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I have a 308 raid rocket launcher and I REALLY like cocoon on a rocket launcher. Two shots always ready to go. However I DID just pick up the 3 shot armsday RL, which I have yet to try out... It looked fairly beastly but it's not like I have the weapon parts to infuse/outfit it anyways.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
And could not just use swords to burn the flayers. We still used swords but had to back off after a bit. Then burn down the trash rinse repeat.
Easiest way to do this strike is kill all the adds at flayers, get each flayer super low, then burn all 3 at once with swords (one person on each, preferably the one that matches your sword). No extra adds to deal with.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Will be interesting... Bungie said that HM will basically need a ToM. Problem is, unless there is constant invulnerability phases, I cannot see how ToM will be useful.
Oryx was always a DPS check, just seems easy now because everyone is levelled up properly, but I still remember the early days when it was touch and go whether or not you could stagger him. One person dead meant a wipe. Nowadays if 2 or 3 people have ToM you are fine.

Assuming all the bosses hit points get upped as they should, ToM will be invaluable for both Daughters fight and Oryx. Until people start getting 320 weapons, ToM is gonna be by far the best option for those two bosses. As for the first few fights, I'm hoping/guessing ToM won't be as necessary, but it's still gonna be a pretty close fight on most bosses given our "low" weapon light levels the first few times through.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Just got kicked out on Oryx. Got a message saying "friend needs it, thx for your help." Lovely... Pretty much the only one with only 1 death in the whole raid.

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
I want to get a raid going in about 2 hours. Prefer this not to be your first time, but I am willing to bring one first timer. Send Posiedan48 a message if you want in. First come, first served

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Well, finished the raid with a good group of Brits. However, all I got to show for the raid was a 306 King shell, another 303 Bond, and Smoldering Shards... Of course Oryx ate my 20 Smoldering and gave me... 2 Smoldering Shards and another King Shell in return...

mad.png

Spawn_sl

shitlord
So haven't actually touched Destiny at all, and just picked it up. Where should I start to get up to speed? Anything I should go strait for?

Appreciate any tips I'll be researching on my own of course.

On xbox 360.

spronk

FPS noob
just do quests and level up slowly, nothing really secret about the game. Until you hit level 40 gear is getting replaced constantly so don't sweat it too much. change to the third subclass and level it as soon as you can (sunbreaker / stormcaller / nightstalker) since they are a bit more OP than the original two subclasses. save any purple and exotic engrams (you probably won't see any though) until you are level 40. decode any green/blue engrams right away and equip upgrades.

weekly update - pvp questline getting some nerfs in nov, nothing really much about hard mode other than it opens at 10am. should be a lot of good twitch streams to watch
News > Bungie Weekly Update - 10/22/2015 | Bungie.net

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it just me or are the nightfall rewards primarily Ghost Shells? I received a shell on all three of my chars, and the two dudes I ran with got 1 or 2 themselves. Maybe we just had bad luck, but I even saw at least 3 youtubers w/ shells as their rewards. I see the merit for new players, but I sure as fuck hope they don't have a 50% drop rate while other items are all significantly lower....

rrr_img_113633.jpg

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never seen a ghost shell from the NF, and I haven't even gotten one in the raid yet on 3 full clears (is it it 4 now?), but I want one! It's my worst slot. Most are 305-310, but my ghost is 294 blue
frown.png

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i got ghost on all 3 of my nightfalls as well, pretty shitty since I have like 15 ghosts between 306-310 already. but i also got two of the hunter cloaks from this weeks nightfall so i can't really complain, the NF is a really easy way to farm it this week since you can clear the whole thing in 15 mins with 3 exotic swords

goth should be streaming hard mode when it opens in 1 hour from this post, already has 15k people watching. crazy
Twitch

Column_sl

shitlord
Unless there are heavy DPS checkpoints can't see any team not beating this within two hours.

Normal mode is actually harder to complete first because no one knows the raid at all. Everyone knows it by Heroic mode, so they are just adjusting to one or two more mechanics.

spronk

FPS noob
some random group got worlds first, HM is pretty disappointing just 1 or 2 minor tweaks per boss changed

edit: it still looks quite difficult, with a lot more ways to die. basically more mobs per boss phase and they all hit harder. The oryx trash mobs are all light 320. most pugs are probably going to have a super hard time on golg and prob not get past that, but the first two bosses will drop 310-320 loot - ghost, weapons - and are light 310.

Column_sl

shitlord
Was correct again, under 2 hours.One hour and seventeen minutes to be exact. Clan Forever LivE beats it first, and popped offed gloriously in all the top destiny streams.

O Bungie how well I know you.