Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Destiny: Rise of Iron

So far, all we know is it will have the Fallen Raid that was supposed to be in House of Wolves
The story of this game
frown.png
Next year you get what you should have had now but...reasons. I wish some other game could take the gunplay in this game and put it to use in something new because it rocks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Kotaku_sl said:
Correction - 5/20, 10:44am: I originally reported that the new raid is based on the one that was cut from House of Wolves, but this morning a source reached out to say that was incorrect, and that development on the new raid had actually started from scratch last summer. I apologize for the error.
So no, it looks like an entirely new one. But either way more content is good content. Supposedly this exp is going to be the size of TTK or thereabouts. Maybe a new planet? It looks like snow in that poster? Definitely will be checking that out too. Perfect timing too since summers are usually fuck-off outside days. So it will be nice to have something new this fall.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
So no, it looks like an entirely new one. But either way more content is good content. Supposedly this exp is going to be the size of TTK or thereabouts. Maybe a new planet? It looks like snow in that poster? Definitely will be checking that out too. Perfect timing too since summers are usually fuck-off outside days. So it will be nice to have something new this fall.
I think it may expand on the Cosmodrome. Lord Salami was a hero of the Twilight Gap, which I guess was a major battle on the Cosmodrome. The image could be the giant wall thats blocking off part of the planet.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
While I can't begrudge the Live team for creating a narrative around the Fallen / House of Wolves / Crota etc. I would really like to continue what, as I see it, is the main plot involving the Traveller, the Speaker, what the hell the Darkness is, what happened to Humanity's Golden Age etc.

spronk

FPS noob
thats probably saved up for destiny 2 unfortunately

its hard to get into a new xpac DLC, since so many things went wrong with TTK. It was really fun for 2 weeks, but Oryx (I couldn't even remember his name and had to look it up lol) was just a ball buster of a raid in hard mode, and the way loot was RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG just sucked out all the fun. While my friends list was full of people still playing vanilla Destiny 3-6 months after release, pretty much 2 months after Taken King only a tiny fraction still seemed to be playing. I'm in the minority here but the random jumping of Sisters really made me not want to run the raid at all, I dunno why but I just had a terrible time in that part of the raid if I had to go up. If there was any way to practice that part of the raid I woulda loved it.

unfortunately I don't see how anyone will know if the new DLC does the same thing or not, so it just seems better to wait and see if the game has a 1 month spike and then dies off again, although I guess if some of the new stuff is crazy fun it might be tempting enough to fork over presumably $40 again

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
thats probably saved up for destiny 2 unfortunately

I'm in the minority here but the random jumping of Sisters really made me not want to run the raid at all, I dunno why but I just had a terrible time in that part of the raid if I had to go up. If there was any way to practice that part of the raid I woulda loved it.
Im right there with you on that. And it was a random team member pick every time. Plus all the jumping ship puzzle and the dick wall thing. Man all that shit sucked. Not because i was necesarily bad at it, but others were and it forced you to wait for the fuck ups every time. the first raid was so much better than TTK, even crota was much more fun.

But I really love how the game plays, they really nailed the FPS part of the game so good. Its hard not to come back when there is a fresh content release. Plus I always liked the PvP in that game too, I never really raided that much but I did a shit ton of PvP.

Column_sl

shitlord
Never seen a more un-inspired team of game devs then Bungie on Destiny.

Maybe they will turn it around on Destiny 2, but doubtful.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah that was lame as fuck. Looks like another Crota imo

Simple Raid, no Sub Classes, instead of a Sword you use an Axe....

Looks like they are moving to next gen only.

Column_sl

shitlord
Its the verbiage. Its not a DLC, it's an expansion. Clever right? /rolls eyes at the gaming industry

I would love to pay Bungie every month if they made their game great. They have such a good base game, and they are the laziest motherfucks on the planet when it comes to supporting, and creating content for it.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
However it is only $30, but still the DLC and expansion loophole the gaming industry uses is bullshit. They gotta get paid though right...

and thank god they are ditching old gen. about time

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Destiny lore seems so messed up. Is this dlc based on events that took place prior to the Collapse? Like, did the Iron Lords (who were guardians before the Traveller "died" and sent out Ghosts) all die locking up the Warmind that got infected, then the Collapse happens and the Fallen take a few hundred years to dig up this particular place? Is the breach in the Wall that we see a new one, or the breach made during the Twilights Gap battle?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There was some April update that added shit, I think HOW stuff and raised the light level.

But still, I will be back, when the summer is over its the perfect time to settle into some game goodness again. There is just something about this game that feels so right when playing. Its good for a few month stretches. Plus the PvP is legit too when your in there playing.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Came back to this game for some reason. I had only gotten into it at Taken King, and picked up the full game + TK for $40. Hit level 33, and burned out for some reason. Never even got into the Taken King quest line much at all.

It's been pretty dang fun getting re-aquanted with the game. Just finished at level 35 the Skolas quest line where you capture him alive. Fucking jumping puzzles. lol... Level 38, and should hit 40 tonight.

I know hardly anyone is playing anymore, but if anyone has any desire to get on, and do any raids, maybe we can setup quick, painless Rerolled runs. Not sure if people have alts, or maybe it's been long enough and different people have picked up the game. Hit me up! BigCrone on PS4!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just picked it up as well and hit 40 yesterday. Pretty fun game, hope to start raiding soon.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just picked it up as well and hit 40 yesterday. Pretty fun game, hope to start raiding soon.
Powered through, and hit 40 finishing the story line quests. Nice! I guess I run Vanguard strikes now for a while to up my light until I can do heroics? Gonna go Google a Just hit 40, now what? guide.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Powered through, and hit 40 finishing the story line quests. Nice! I guess I run Vanguard strikes now for a while to up my light until I can do heroics? Gonna go Google a Just hit 40, now what? guide.
Vanguard strikes will get you to ~310, Prison of Elders ~320. Rank up packages from crucible/vanguard/faction will help get 330