Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got 3 from him but all L9 -
From what I've seen so far, it seems like you can tell what level you're gambling for by the cost - all the ones I saw for 170 Glimmer ended up being the same level requirement (L6 I think?) I know for sure.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It's not so much the damage output on the "wizards" that's the problem - they've got a MASSIVE shield you've got to get through that regens unlike HP (or at least if HP regens on mobs, it's ridiculously slow) - it hits relatively hard, but not too ridiculous, but it is splash damage so it wears your shield down while you're getting it's shield down - then you huddle a sec to get your shield back and.... it's got it's back too.
Snipe or use one of the charge secondaries - they do hp and shield dmg all in one shot.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Hmmm when do the alpha notifications come out? I'm really quite looking forward to giving this a whirl, it was this and The Division which really caught my eye last year and I'm quite pleasantly surprised to see Destiny actually coming out soon.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
So yeah, played a little last night and had to stop at level 4 or I'd have been up all night.

Started with a hunter, was around level 3 and getting up the hill towards the first section and see some level 7 mobs in the distance so adjust to avoid them and agro 2 level 5 mobs at mid-range. Toss a grenade and 2 headshots to first one and it's down, quickly switch to shotgun, double jump at second one and lay in 3 blasts and knife it as I land and it's down....I just fucking love that tactics and movement can help you win uneven fights and then you have situations as above where the AI was hiding and lobbing grenades to kill from cover.

Hopefully the beta at least keeps this fun going in the higher levels because if it does I can't see this thing not keeping me away from WoD, whether friends also get it to create a fireteam or niot.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Did a strike finally, collectively we died about 30x or so - it was hard for our levels but it was fun.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
a note on the shields - it doesn't read well in this build but shields actually take more damage from elemental types and can take higher amounts depending on the type of shield he has. the reason why snipes/laser does more is because they tend to have elemental damage types. If you find an uncommon primary weapon with a damage type it should chunk at the shields. But yeah, that wizard is no joke in the harder difficulty.

Right now the population is Bungie, press and friends/family. Once we start rolling off of work and get home you'll see a lot more people on.

4DR3-FJNF-HGAC

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
a note on the shields - it doesn't read well in this build but shields actually take more damage from elemental types and can take higher amounts depending on the type of shield he has. the reason why snipes/laser does more is because they tend to have elemental damage types. If you find an uncommon primary weapon with a damage type it should chunk at the shields. But yeah, that wizard is no joke in the harder difficulty.

Right now the population is Bungie, press and friends/family. Once we start rolling off of work and get home you'll see a lot more people on.

4DR3-FJNF-HGAC
Wow shocked this wasn't used up already. Thank you very much sir!

Zarcath

Silver Squire
tell you what, if you're a 2012 registered user, message me and i'll set you up. let these non-2012 peasants fight for these.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So yeah, played a little last night and had to stop at level 4 or I'd have been up all night.

Started with a hunter, was around level 3 and getting up the hill towards the first section and see some level 7 mobs in the distance so adjust to avoid them and agro 2 level 5 mobs at mid-range. Toss a grenade and 2 headshots to first one and it's down, quickly switch to shotgun, double jump at second one and lay in 3 blasts and knife it as I land and it's down....I just fucking love that tactics and movement can help you win uneven fights and then you have situations as above where the AI was hiding and lobbing grenades to kill from cover.

Hopefully the beta at least keeps this fun going in the higher levels because if it does I can't see this thing not keeping me away from WoD, whether friends also get it to create a fireteam or niot.
Oh damn, that shit sounds fantastic. That's the way games are meant to be. Then again... TERA did this, and look where that ended up. haha!

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Ortega, scroll up a smidge - sounds like it was a matter of seconds before you'd have missed it.
Yeah I was really surprised. I literally came in after a few hours of yard work, saw the code, hustled over to my PS4 and entered it all while asking myself why even try and then the download screen popped up. Looks like the rest of my night is taken up lol.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
How is the class differentiation? One of the reasons my non MMO playing crew** were so into Borderlands was how well the classes/roles synergized even though it was largely people running around with guns.

**I've shared the trailers with them trying to get them intrigued with some success.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Oh damn, that shit sounds fantastic. That's the way games are meant to be. Then again... TERA did this, and look where that ended up. haha!
Yeah, I was surprised since I expected to just get raped by them due to level differential but I was happy just to see higher level mobs roaming around to present a challenge and make situational awareness a thing again but to then see it was possible to actually beat that encounter (am sure if I'd tried to just trade shots with them I'd have died) made me very happy.

In terms of the weapons I was impressed as well. Not sure if the rifles have a range or bullet drop on them but there were some mobs I shot at from a reasonable range that didn't even agro on me so that's something to test, the shotgun actually felt like there is weight behind it but only at short range...trying to shoot from more than a few meters seemed to do almost no damage, and the different characteristics of weapons have a bearing. I picked up a second rifle, had same damage as starter but all the other stats were higher so I equipped it and was fine but a single shot semi-auto, when I got through the first locked door (and fuck, actually had me nervous with the lighting, flashlight, lack of visibility in there so well done Bungie) I got attacked by a fast moving melee pack and suffered first death as I wasn't able to fire fast enough to kill them and had no shotgun ammo left. If I'd had the full-auto equipped it shouldn't have been a problem and that's a great thing since it means having to consider each encounter and best weapon for the job, certainly hope this carries through to end-game and not that the top end weapons are all interchangeable with each other and choice makes no difference to effectiveness.