Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

nuday

Golden Squire
Is the community for this game really stupid?

I have been a part of a bunch of beta tests and game launches and I have never seen so much iggnorance from a community.

Reddit and the official boards are flooded by idiotic questions that have been answered a million times about beta codes and downloads and other stupid shit that shouls be common sense by now. Plus all the Xbone fanboy bullshit.

Is the Destiny community doomed to be full of mouthbreathers?
Of course it is doomed to be full of mouthbreathers. Did you play Halo 3/reach/4 online? It'll be the typical racism, homophobia, and 11 year old boys with high-pitched voices screaming.

...Unless they are still playing whatever Call of Duty is currently popular.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Its funny to me how "Rated M for Mature" games seem to be populated by pre-pubescent boys and how "Rated E for everyone" games seem to have mostly adults...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, I was really hoping they would let keys out early this morning so I could start the download before leaving for work. I'm guessing I won't get to play today by the time I get home and get it downloaded/installed. That's assuming the servers aren't completely hosed!

EDIT: Grammar and shit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Same, going to be on the road all day and not back until late afternoon and was hoping to start download before I left
frown.png

spronk

FPS noob
if you are still at home (sorry east coasters) then leave your ps4 on standby (should be the normal way you shutdown anyways)
at work login to bungie.net when keys go out (should be in ~4 hours, 10am PDT) and grab a key
use key on web PSN store
Sign In: Sony Entertainment Network
go to download list on store and add destiny beta to list it will download while you are at work
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo.../download/list

good reason to get a vita too, you can remotely wake up and control your PS4 from work while you are in the bathroom

and the group/clan thingie I posted is open to anyone and totally casual, everyone has admin rights although i don't think there is anything admins can really do
Bungie : Clans : I Aint Got Time To Bleed : Forum | Bungie.net

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Well my PS4 is in standby, so I'll be doing that.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
if you are still at home (sorry east coasters) then leave your ps4 on standby (should be the normal way you shutdown anyways)
at work login to bungie.net when keys go out (should be in ~4 hours, 10am PDT) and grab a key
use key on web PSN store
Sign In: Sony Entertainment Network
go to download list on store and add destiny beta to list it will download while you are at work
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo.../download/list

good reason to get a vita too, you can remotely wake up and control your PS4 from work while you are in the bathroom

and the group/clan thingie I posted is open to anyone and totally casual, everyone has admin rights although i don't think there is anything admins can really do
Bungie : Clans : I Aint Got Time To Bleed : Forum | Bungie.net
Thanks for the clan. Vclav + others this work for you? Us I suppose? Casuals unite and all that..

Heckler_sl

shitlord
So, what's the deal with that Europe pre-load trick now? Anyone have an idea if I'll be charged if I use that client, even if I don't use a beta code I received through pre-ordering?

Disabled

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, what's the deal with that Europe pre-load trick now? Anyone have an idea if I'll be charged if I use that client, even if I don't use a beta code I received through pre-ordering?
I'm not too sure if it will work, but there's a reddit discussion on it:Sony's user agreement on preorder cancelation - for the people making EU accounts to downlaod the beta : DestinyTheGame

I didn't end up doing it so here's to hoping my faith in PSN America works out and doesn't crash....

Lenwen

Silver Squire
And down goes bungie.net

How does clans work in a console fps anyway? Are you required to have a mic?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
While we are waiting for Bungie.net to come back up...I'll be curious to see how smoothly this runs on the PS3. I wonder if there will be a digital vs. disc noticeable difference like there was for GTA5. I hope not, because I'd like to cancel my Amazon preorder and instead order through the PSN, where I have $15 in credit to use.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice job getting in before it crashed. I'm getting the Bungie page to load every few tries, but it's saying I don't have any offers to redeem for the beta. Guess it's coming back up in pieces.