Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Ya I missed this at first as well, makes no sense saying installed in notifications. For some reason the 18 gig file gets kicked down to a 300 mb file, so you DON'T have it installed even though it says installed. Go to the actual game launcher and click options>information to get how far along you are in the download process. And just delete the alpha/beta, they've said they don't do anything anymore.
Thank you. Deleted the beta, but looked and it says "completed" and 21 gig installed when going the options / information route.

Hopefully it is installed then, not that I can understand how it is unless I suddenly got industrial googlebit bandwidth, but here is hoping I don't have a broken install!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not quite, already have my LE - but its ridiculous if you dont think they are doing PC version. This IS Activision, and they LOVE money.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Not quite, already have my LE - but its ridiculous if you dont think they are doing PC version. This IS Activision, and they LOVE money.
Exactly. Which is why they won't be releasing Destiny on PC. Destiny isn't the type of game you throw a quick port of onto another platform. There's a shitton of support required. You'd reasonably be able to expect it once last gen support drops with Destiny 2.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I feel confident our characters will persist through the Destiny releases and either carry over (since its all server side) from title to title or they will just continually update Destiny with annual major updates and then periodic content packs ala WoW, but with DLC costs replacing monthly fee.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure these have been posted but in case it wasnt all 25....

Number Type Name Code
1 Grimoire Warlock YKA-RJG-MH9
2 Grimoire Hunter MVD-4N3-NKH
3 Grimoire Titan 3DA-P4X-F6A
4 Grimoire Rixis TCN-HCD-TGY
5 Grimoire Old-Russia HDX-ALM-V4K
6 Grimoire Hive 473-MXR-3X9
7 Grimoire Moon JMR-LFN-4A3
8 Grimoire Gjallorhorn HC3-H44-DKC
9 Grimoire Duke MK.44 69P-KRM-JJA
10 Grimoire The Tower 69P-VCH-337
11 Grimoire The Hive: Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L
12 Grimoire Valley of the kings, Mars 69R-DDD-FCP
13 Grimoire The Fallen 69R-F99-AXG
14 Grimoire Red Death 69R-VL7-J6A
15 Grimoire The Cabal 69X-DJN-74V
16 Grimoire The Devastated Coast, Venus 6A7-7NP-3X7
17 Grimoire Vex Minotaur 6A9-DTG-YGN
18 Emblem Sign of the Finite 7F9-767-F74
19 Emblem Binding Focus FJ9-LAM-67F
20 Emblem Illusion of Light JD7-4CM-HJG
21 Emblem Ab Aeterno JDT-NLC-JKM
22 Emblem Field of Light JNX-DMH-XLA
23 Emblem Lone Focus, Jagged Edge 7CP-94V-LFP
24 Shader Double Banshee 7MM-VPD-MHP
25 Shader Orakel 99 RXC-9XJ-4MH

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just managed to convince UPS to hold my Ghost package at the distro so I could pick it up at 8AM. Not a midnight release for me but at least I won't be waiting till 6PM either.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Just managed to convince UPS to hold my Ghost package at the distro so I could pick it up at 8AM. Not a midnight release for me but at least I won't be waiting till 6PM either.
Less time for them to beat it up as well. Just make sure your tracking reflects the change before you drive over there!

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Curious to see what reviews are like over the next few weeks. This might be the game that finally convinces me to buy a PS4.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Exactly. Which is why they won't be releasing Destiny on PC. Destiny isn't the type of game you throw a quick port of onto another platform. There's a shitton of support required. You'd reasonably be able to expect it once last gen support drops with Destiny 2.
We will see, my money is on PC release somewhere in summer 2015 or so. There wont be a Destiny2 or whatever next year considering how long it will likely take them to flesh out all the missing locations on Earth and other planets, i dont see Activision not tapping into the PC consumer base before Destiny 2.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why did all the shitty streamers get the game early and none of the good ones? Fucking a...

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I must be too old to appreciate streaming. I really don't see the attraction
33 and agree completely. Watching someone else play a game while they never shut the fuck up is something I'll never get. People are printing money though.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
League of Legends is the only game I ever watched streaming. Even then, I probably watched about 8 games total, and only because I was trying to learn how to jungle better.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
33 and agree completely. Watching someone else play a game while they never shut the fuck up is something I'll never get. People are printing money though.
Tend to agree too. However, I have watched some Hearthstone streams to see what they are doing. Also enjoy watching Day9 from time to time simply because I find him amusing.

As to Destiny. Level 6 now. Still doing the stuff I did before. Think I have seen a door or two open that wasn't there before with more ?? mobs. Picked Hunter again.

Can confirm that the strategy of pulling back to break the AI of mobs in the non-checkpoint areas still work. The spot where the leash kicks in is hardcoded. Even if you have a sliver of health left and you are one hit from death, they will stop and turn at specific spots. Find that spot in missions and you will be relatively immune to death.

Wonky AI aside though, this game is very fun.... Doubt I will be playing much else in the nearest future unless I burn out. 3am now and have to go to work in 4 hours. Was only going to see if it worked. Not play it for 3 hours.

Column_sl

shitlord
Holy shit, are you guys so bored you are going to derail this thread into another boring conversation on why you don't like streaming...

We've had this retarded debate almost every week now...

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Havent watched a stream, seen any gameplay, have no idea what classes, etc....Going in completely blind, Begaro is my PSN feel free to hit me up when it releases finally...

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Pretty sure i watched you play D3 a few days ago, for some reason i kept thinking i was watching Peter Dinklage play D3 as a wiz.