Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
They definitely fucked with PEs, I think the trigger chances also are seperate from the spawn timer. So for example if the website says Devil spawns at :45 and :15, it actually has a trigger time around :12 and :42 (+/- 2) and if no one is in the zone at that trigger time, it won't actually spawn 2-4 minutes later. I've found if I am at the spawn point at least 8 minutes ahead of time it will almost always spawn, but if I show up a minute or two before its rarer.

Also for those who don't know, bounty and quest kills are given to the guy who gives the final hit, but also people who are near him. So for example for the "complete 3 public events" or "kill 3 fallen walkers", it really pays to group up and stick close to each other, you will get 3 completions in a single event. If you are far away from the guy who gets the walker kill shot you will get no credit at all, even if you are standing right next to the walker. Same applies in strikes.

The only thing I don't know is if the exotic bounty quests, like get 200 nightfall kills with a fusion rifle, also combine - if 3 people farm with fusions will each get 3x count or only their own count?

I'm also getting a shard or energy for the first PE I do on every char, PLUS whatever the postmaster gives me, like 90% of the time. After the first its a lot less chance.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The website I use occasionally shows that the walker event has a low chance to actually happen to begin with. There are some events that have a 90% chance to happen. That walker event has less than 50% chance to spawn. But I guess you missed the note saying that events aren't gaurenteed to spawn.
The website you use is/was wrong. Usehttp://destinypublicevents.comor one of the Android apps.

I've done 250+ marks a week for the last three and a half weeks off of PEs, so it's not hard to notice immediately when a 5-6 PE per hour cycle suddenly drops to ~3. Or when I spend two hours on a Saturday morning hitting all the spots and only get 1 PE total.

The only thing I don't know is if the exotic bounty quests, like get 200 nightfall kills with a fusion rifle, also combine - if 3 people farm with fusions will each get 3x count or only their own count?
Definitely doesn't work for the exotic bounty stuff. I did my first 120 or so kills with a friend in the nightfall with me standing next to each other at the entrance. He had maybe 50 or so kills in that time, so we had to split up to finish it.

fletch101

Lord Nagafen Raider
The website I use occasionally shows that the walker event has a low chance to actually happen to begin with. There are some events that have a 90% chance to happen. That walker event has less than 50% chance to spawn. But I guess you missed the note saying that events aren't gaurenteed to spawn.
Try to keep up.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Well awesome. Did the level 24 and 26 weekly strike, then did the daily Heroics on 26, then a few tiger strikes and a bunch of bounties.

Came away with only 1 purple engram (Which came out as Warlock boots, Im a titan) then I rolled the dice and blew 23 motes of light on an engram....Warlock helmet.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH DESTINY.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Sick and tired of people complaining about loot in the same sentence as the word engram. Spend less time ranking to vanguard 2 and getting marks and pretty soon you won't have anything you need except shards to upgrade.

Two weeks people of casual play to be in at least 3/4 legendary armor ...

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Ehh only issue I have with loot has to do with PvP. I actually prefer it to PvE. I'd just like to see materials (relic iron, etc) awarded for matches and maybe always a green. I get so many more weapon/armor mats doing borig patrols opposed to enjoying myself doing PvP.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I can't complain about loot too much but I really don't like getting shit that isn't for my class when there isn't a trade system. I understand the incentive for alternate characters and getting to experience all aspects of the 3 characters but I fucking hate spending a ton of time to collect resources for items that could possibly be useless. Idk.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I hope people near 200 marks are blowing their shards on armor to salvage for shards... it helps quite a bit.

Vorph

Sick and tired of people complaining about loot in the same sentence as the word engram. Spend less time ranking to vanguard 2 and getting marks and pretty soon you won't have anything you need except shards to upgrade.

Two weeks people of casual play to be in at least 3/4 legendary armor ...
Yeah, you're right. Compared to the unholy amount of multi-layered RNG involved in getting the correct raid loot, gearing up to level 28 is a walk in the park.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Well in my case I'm complaining that there are 4 possible drops from the Queen's Wrath missions. The chest is common. The helmet is common. The Sniper Rifle is rare. The ship is rare. I realize that 6 out 6 chest pieces isn't outside the realm of probability but it's really fucking annoying. I just got to the point where I could do these missions so unless I get the helmet tomorrow, I'm out of luck on this particular one.

Vorph

Sniper and ship are in a separate loot slot actually. You get those in addition to the armor piece if/when RNGesus smiles upon you.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Went and picked up Smash 3DS for my son yesterday and there was a line of people buy Destiny (I believe all for PS4) which I thought was interesting. At least according to our Gamestop still Destiny consoles being sold quite often.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Anyone know what that Strange Coin comment from bungie is about? There is supposed to be a different way to spend strange coins this weekend?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I don't remember if I saw it on here or reddit, but something along the lines of "There will be a new way to spend strange coins this weekend!".

I'll see if I can find it

edit:here