Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Will I be lost if I have not played the previous games? I need something new to play other than factorio witch is invading my dreams. 83 on meta critic atm....

How's it looking so far?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
There's an official 2 part summary of Human Revolution on the Deus Ex youtube channel that should catch you up just fine. HR was a good game, but the graphics were dated even when it was new. I'm sure it would be pretty hard to stomach these days.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Dunno, personally anything from HL2 onwards still looks good enough for me :D

Downloading the last 2 GB finally as we speak ...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There's an official 2 part summary of Human Revolution on the Deus Ex youtube channel that should catch you up just fine. HR was a good game, but the graphics were dated even when it was new. I'm sure it would be pretty hard to stomach these days.

On PC, with DX11 and Tesselation with a decent video card and good resolution, it isn't that bad. I still have yet to finish it. Although yeah I agree to an extent that the textures are crazy bad in some areas.

How are the graphics on the PS4 version for Mankind Divided?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Unpacking for the next 2 hours ? FML, still there's no way I can fit 50 GB game onto an SSD

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's funny. One can "pre-purchase" and the damn thing takes longer to decrypt than if they just bought it on day one and downloaded it normally.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I stopped preloading games on steam since it takes longer then the decryption also. I think I'm lucky though since speedtest says I'm in the top 3% of the world with internet speed. I think it's gotta be a joke though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I prepurchase/preload so rarely it's a new experience for me. Will avoid it for the next few years.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The time estimate usually drops as it goes along though, sort of like downloading a torrent. The last couple games I pre-loaded started out with something ridiculous like 16 hours to finish but really only took about 10 minutes in the end.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Amazon holds you to a two week window for the 20% new games. Best Buy doesn't hold you to that window. You get 20% off any new game any time, regardless of it's price. In case anyone just wanted to go to a brick and mortar and buy it tomorrow. $30 for 2 years. Pays for itself after 2 games. Plus you get many other benefits. Gamers club is a better deal.
This isn't true. I just checked, you can order this game today and still get the 20% discount. Physical copies anyway. It doesn't show in your cart, it shows up in checkout.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He's right though, the Amazon Prime promo lasts 2 weeks past release. No Man's Sky still had the "preorder" discount yesterday but it's gone today, for example.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Steam was acting all retarded and fucked my preload shit up, so I just deleted that shit, spent an hour waiting for Steam to start sending me the data again, and now I'm at 1 hour to finish downloading.

Irritating but I'm so used to it by now I'm just like whatever.

Ready to play this shit though.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This isn't true. I just checked, you can order this game today and still get the 20% discount. Physical copies anyway. It doesn't show in your cart, it shows up in checkout.

After two weeks pass from the release date, you aren't getting 20% off. Best Buy gamers club applies 20% off to any new game any time. As long as it is new. Meaning a one year old new title. 20% off still.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That's retarded but at the same time, so meaningless I couldn't bring myself to care if I tried.

Actually, now that I see they're actually trying to charge for ammo and shit on a marketplace, that is retarded and I now care.

Lol.

What retards.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Was thinking of grabbing this, but now I am going to wait I think or rent instead. The DLC shenanigans combined with what is being touted as the most abrupt ending ever which I am sure will continue on (Maybe?) in DLC, screw SE and their business model. What they did to Hitman was bad enough. Whoever works in their marketing department needs to get launched out of the company head first into a shark infested water tank.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The Hitman episodic thing was a weird decision but it has been kinda cool to come back to it for a few hours every month or so.

Needs multiple seasons to make it worth it though.