Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's good, crashed after prologue tho. Loading times are a bitch, but reloading from quicksaves goes pretty fast, so at least that's fine. The reason they have the pre order items was because of the dumbass preorder bonuses they have since scrapped, but they obviously can't drop them completely.

For anyone struggling with the ending of the prologue, sprinting to the helicopter and pulling the plug ends the level, otherwise you are fucked if you go for stealth.

Last edited:

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
After two weeks pass from the release date, you aren't getting 20% off. Best Buy gamers club applies 20% off to any new game any time. As long as it is new. Meaning a one year old new title. 20% off still.
My fault, I'm retarded. I thought you were saying you had to pre-order at least two weeks in advance after someone was saying they couldn't see the discount.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Was thinking of grabbing this, but now I am going to wait I think or rent instead. The DLC shenanigans combined with what is being touted as the most abrupt ending ever which I am sure will continue on (Maybe?) in DLC, screw SE and their business model. What they did to Hitman was bad enough. Whoever works in their marketing department needs to get launched out of the company head first into a shark infested water tank.
To be fair, do sharks really care the orientation of their chum?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Im getting really decent performance at 1440p with a decent mix of medium high settings and the game looks really amazing visually.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Played it for 30 minutes. I set everything to max and it lagged badly, Steam forums suggested turning MXAA off (I had set it manually to 8 since it defaults to off even when you select ultra) and Vsynch off. Fixed all the framerate issues I had at least.

So far, like white edges better than the yellow ones in HR. Bit more minimalistic. Graphics look decent, but lipsynching seems off (which I saw Lirik mention on twitch yesterday too. He thought they were so bad that it might be a bug).

Not read a single review for it, but anyone mention how long it is? Howlongtobeat has one that lists it at 25.5 hours, 1 longer than HR minus the extras. Fine that it ends in a cliffhanger, better than HR which then let you have three choices that didn't really matter since this game picks the canon ending for you.

For people that didn't play HR, there is the option to play a 12 minute video at the start of the game that recaps what happened. Goes through every chapter in order.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I hate games that end in either cliffhangers or no satisfying ending. Which unfortunately, are most games. Reminds me of when I finished Aliens. Good God. These companies need to wrap up their stories at the end of each damn game, because who knows what will happen in further development of the IP. It may get the green-light, it may not. Teams change, and people rewrite different story arcs just because and that's BS as well.

Dear game developers, just wrap up each game to a satisfactory conclusion for God's sake. Game stories should be anthologies for the reasons above. And quit tacking on endings. Make an ending worth getting too.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Eh this is an established franchise sqeenix is going to milk like ubi does AC and Far Cry, Im not worried about cliffhangers going with no sequels here.

spronk

FPS noob
3.8 gig day zero update on PS4, downloading now before i can play. Damn UPS not delivering stuff till 4pm :(

Also the add on slip enclosed in the case gets you a couple outfits and an extra DLC mission, which itself is a 3 gig download - "Desperate Measures". pretty big for a preorder bonus

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Some thoughts after 6 hours:

It's good, but the writing reminds me of Deux Ex 1 from time to time. Might be the czech throwing me off too, since they seem to use it rather arbitrarily.

Skills that let you access areas are much more important, wall punching and lifting heavy stuff is pretty useful if you don't max out hacking right away. Shooting seems to be more optional than ever.

There's a point where you get your augs back and the game resets all your skills you had up to that point - don't dump it into a single tree.

The special vision with the magpie upgrade is a lifesaver since figuring out what you can/cannot pick up will end up with you humping furniture in every single room, the levels are absolutely cluttered with random stuff and every flat I broke into looks like a hoarder lived there. It's also great to show you vents and breakable walls, since they don't exactly pop up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So far the game is a lot of fun. Feels more open than the previous installment.

Those load times though. I feel like I'm playing EQ on dialup again. Seriously like 3-5 minutes when entering a new area for the first time.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can anyone tell me their setting for this game with a GTX 1070 at 1440p? Anything above low graphics setting and I lag. I'm using the latest drivers.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah 4x MSAA is sub 30fps even with other stuff turned off on my 980 ti + 4690k @ 4.5ghz.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game's graphic looks nowhere near as amazing at Witcher 3 and I get 60+FPS with high settings in W3. Granted, I've only seen this game at 10-20 FPS.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I don't know how some of these crashes even made it through playtesting. Crashed after the prologue like many people, crashed when I turned the TV on, crashed after exiting the train(when changing zones).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just wait until you see what they do with FF15. They are a piss stones throw away from throwing so many hurdles in the single player game that if you ever want to complete it in a normal amount of time without ripping your hair out, you will be paying for consumables.