Dexter

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Her ass was much better than expected for a girl who must weigh 95lbs

Szlia

I don't think Vogel/Matthews had to be partner with Harry in the creation of Dexter. If Matthews called Vogel after Maria's death to check on Dexter and the Bay Harbor Butcher, she could have easily deducted that the moral guidelines in display in the kills had to come from a third party and that a very likely third party would be the adoptive father who was a cop.

As far as the emotionless psychopath thing in the first seasons, I think it's important to stress that the way Dexter perceived himself (this cold and perfect killing machine pretending to be a human) had a big part of self delusion in it (he had feelings, he made mistakes, etc).

PS:Jeffrey Dahmer

By summer 1991, Dahmer was murdering approximately one person each week. He killed Matt Turner on June 30, Jeremiah Weinberger on July 5, Oliver Lacy on July 12, and finally Joseph Bradehoft on July 19. Dahmer got the idea that he could turn his victims into "zombies" ? completely submissive, eternally youthful sexual partners ? and attempted to do so by drilling holes into their skulls and injecting hydrochloric acid or boiling water into the frontal lobe area of their brains with a large syringe, usually while the victim was still alive. Other residents of the Oxford Apartments complex noticed terrible smells coming from Apartment 213, as well as the thumps of falling objects and the occasional buzzing of a power saw.
"People are crazy" - Dexter Morgan

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't think Vogel/Matthews had to be partner with Harry in the creation of Dexter. If Matthews called Vogel after Maria's death to check on Dexter and the Bay Harbor Butcher, she could have easily deducted that the moral guidelines in display in the kills had to come from a third party and that a very likely third party would be the adoptive father who was a cop.

As far as the emotionless psychopath thing in the first seasons, I think it's important to stress that the way Dexter perceived himself (this cold and perfect killing machine pretending to be a human) had a big part of self delusion in it (he had feelings, he made mistakes, etc).

PS:Jeffrey Dahmer

"People are crazy" - Dexter Morgan
True. But she gave him pictures that he drew in his childhood. You sort of assume that she was the shrink that Harry took this kid he pulled out of the bloodbath to and it's a pretty straight line from there to "Oh, she told Harry he could never be cured, but he could be controlled". Neither her or Matthews HAD to be in on it, but I'll be surprised if at least she isn't.

One of the things that I really do like about the show (to offset the earlier gripe) and has kept me watching it through all the dumbness is that Dexter really is The Batman. Vogel being The Mastermind is a straight up comic book plot for the final season. The serial killer that Dexter faces this final season is.... HIMSELF!

Vogel is probably cutting the dudes parts out just to test if Dexter can figure out it's her. She's probably got lupus or something and is going to die or and she has to make sure before she goes that she has a proper successor. If Dexter sucks then she'll just kill him.

I mean that's the charm of Dexter. It kind of is like a comic book.

Szlia

You make a good point about the childhood drawings. It makes more sense for her to have kept them from back then than to have somehow found them while investigating Dexter.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My theory on how this season plays out:

Deb confesses and implicates Dexter. Vogel comes to Dexter's defense, testifies that what Deb is saying is impossible because lol neuro-science, and Matthews agrees with it because he is either retarded or because he is in on it per Szila's theory that Matthews/Vogel/Harry were some triumvirate who nurtured Dexter's persona for science.

Meanwhile Dexter gets Vogel to convince Miami Metro that Deb is not in the right state of mind and she either gets committed or agrees to seek help. I don't know how the series ends for Deb, but I think she is going to die somehow.

In the end Dexter will kill Vogel because she created him and didn't try to help him, just used him to further her own ends, and Matthews will just wink and re-retire onto his boat drinking scotch for the rest of his life (if he knows everything).

Fazana_sl

shitlord
For some reason I honestly thought Matthews was in on it all along and nothing he did last season changed my mind on that. He never went in wholesale to help Maria and was more than happy to shut her up at the slightest setback. I can't remember exactly why I had that thought but I *think* it was some of the very early season exchanges between him and Harry?!

Typical last few seasons Dexter episode though, mostly humdrum throughout and then the last 30 seconds make you want to at least catch next weeks. I was surprised Angel went back to Miami Metro, I'd never have guessed Maria's memory outweighed a lifetime of baconating.

I guess Vegas getting cancelled meant Nanny decided maybe body shots are okay this season.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i thought angel shit was convenient excuse to just bring him back...but then Engel the Restaurant Owner never made sense in the first place...

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Angel is awesome and if he doesn't make it out of the series alive, well, and happy, I'm going to be really angry.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
who knew about the Code?i can only think Debra and Hannah.maybe i'm forgetting someone.Lumen too?

and when Angel discovers that Maria was right and Dexter lied to him all this time,he will go berserk lol

Szlia

[...] per Szila's theory that Matthews/Vogel/Harry were some triumvirate who nurtured Dexter's persona for science.
waitwaitwait... I mentioned it to question it and got convinced in the process... I think it's Kreugen who mentioned it first so let's render unto Brell the things that are Brell's.

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just.Kill.Fucking.Deb.

Seriously she is one of the whiniest most annoying characters ever spawned. If she doesn't die horribly in pain by the end of the series I'm going to be disappointed

Other than that, decent start
smile.png

supertouch_sl

shitlord
i really enjoyed the premiere after the disaster that was season 7. they crammed way too many storylines and most of the resolutions were anticlimactic.

and of course mathews knows about dexter's secret. if i recall correctly, didn't he have some evidence removed from a garage?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Lol at his son not being a factor at all this episode, despite him being out at night all hours while the nanny was out on a date with quinn etc. Other then that I like where this is going.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Nanny quinn drama is dumb. Unless she gets naked again I dont really care about her. The evelyn chick gives such a creepy vibe, I assume Dexter will kill her before this is all over.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It seems too obvious at this point that she's the one who tricked Emilio Estevez into killing before shooting him in the head.

I'm reminded of Throw Momma from the Train. "You wrote a murder-mystery with only two characters, and one of them was dead on page 2!"

So hopefully there's a good twist coming.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Yea they're way overdoing the creepy psychologist vibe. Also, how did Deb shoot that guy if he took her gun and it was in the glovebox when she shot him?