Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'd actually be 100% okay with a D2 remaster, since theres no hope in sactuary that D4 will be anytime within the next like 3-4 years lol

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
People have been doom talking WoW and Blizz for years, yet here they are, still going strong. They aren't going anywhere.

Blizzard was a strong name for over a decade, their products were high quality, must buy material.

Don't think it can be denied that they've fallen a long way down.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Blizzard was a strong name for over a decade, their products were high quality, must buy material.

Don't think it can be denied that they've fallen a long way down.

That is basically like saying the "Sun will die!"

We all know it will happen someday, nothing lasts forever. Just a few years ago WoW was supposedly going to die.

Blizz has the most popular and successful MMORPG to date and there is nothing even close to dethroning it, say what you want about D3 but it one of if not the most successful ARPG game/series and Hearthstone is probably the most popular/successful TCGO around. So while they might have declined a bit there is a rather large gap between them and #2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah they make decent games, they just don't make good games anymore.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Right, and some people are using that decline to mean there will be continual loss of quality. Saying where they are right now in that trajectory doesn't have much bearing because it's only one measurement in a line.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Subjective statement is subjective.

You're absolutely right it's subjective, it just happens to be a subjective opinion that every single person in every single WoW community on the internet agrees on for the latest WoW expac. I can't speak to HS or HOTS, they are casual games and meant to be casual and I can respect that. Though the gameplay certainly feels like it comes 2nd in those games. The rest of their games feel in maintenance mode though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
not gonna lie boys, im looking forward to playing this on the switch so i can poo and grind at the same time

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I would love for the Cross Platform plans to include PC with Switch, then i can play my my kids.

Also, lol at all the fucking chicken littles in this thread.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
As someone who has been gaming for 30+ years and devours new games from all genres I don't think they've really had a decline in quality when put against their competitors if I'm not eating the memberberries.

The games (all of them SC2/HoTs/HS/WoW/Diablo/Destiny etc) just frequently cater to the lowest common denominator which is good for business, but bad for those of us from a generation who largely didn't have our hands held and want something that isn't the same thing we've seen for decades. All of their modern releases are subjectively great games even if we (me) won't look back with the same kind of nostalgia we (me) had for their games back in the 90's/early 2000's.

I am definitely cognizant of the fact I loved their older titles because they were pretty much the first of their kind in a time when you didn't have options. Now that we have options (and if I'm being impartial) I would recommend the modern games to the new generation players any day of the week. I'd pick WoW over EQ or D3 over D2 etc even if personally they don't trigger that desire to put every second of free time into them like they used to because I appreciate the polish and quality of life changes that weren't present back in the day.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Mischaracterization and you know it.

More like sarcasm/joke to punctuate my point... My point being is that people are over reacting. It's not like Blizz is going to shut it's doors tomorrow. Is it possible that this is the beginning of the end for Blizz, of course it is possible, however even if that is true we are probably a decade away from that becoming true. On the flip side it is totally possible that Blizz steps up their game after all the negative reviews from the latest WoW Expac.

And I messed up earlier by forgetting to mention the Behemoth that is Overwatch.

Fedor

<Banned>

2pgvXTn.png

from august:

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users