Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Nola

Trakanon Raider
idk, I think you're simplifying it a bit. How much do you think it cost to develop, test, and release the necro and how much do you think it made? And then compare those number to whatever those manhours would make put on another product.
If money is an issue which shouldn't be that huge of an issue with Blizzvision just go the way of GGG. Micro transactions for armor, extra storage space ect. It's a proven and successful business model and it doesn't cheapen the game experience.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There's a reason necro bombed for them and it is because it was a stupid cash grab model. These fucking idiots on the d3 team haven't done shit since the game came out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
If money is an issue which shouldn't be that huge of an issue with Blizzvision just go the way of GGG. Micro transactions for armor, extra storage space ect. It's a proven and successful business model and it doesn't cheapen the game experience.

They made 4 billion dollars on in-game microtransactions only in 2017. That's not even game sales. That's just lootboxes.

Activision Blizzard made over $4 billion on microtransactions in 2017, over half of its revenue - VG247

I'm sure they can afford a voice actor. They can probably afford 10 million voice actors.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There's a reason necro bombed for them and it is because it was a stupid cash grab model. These fucking idiots on the d3 team haven't done shit since the game came out.

I think it was overpriced, but I got it during a 50% off sale and I felt it was worth that price.

Nola

Trakanon Raider

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Blizzard making a lot of money as a whole has nothing to do with the return on investment of a specific piece of DLC and the decision process involved with making one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
Diablo Immortal already has an Editors choice award before it is even out in the Google Play Store ? : AndroidGaming

TPq344T.jpg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
D3 is in maintenance mode right now. Everyoen who was working it has probably been shifted over to the next project (D4 and probably a D2 remaster) They could assign a team to make new class for D3 but they probably see more value in having those people working on making new classes for D4.

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
idk, I think you're simplifying it a bit. How much do you think it cost to develop, test, and release the necro and how much do you think it made? And then compare those number to whatever those manhours would make put on another product.

As others have suggested, I think the necro and all the new post D3 expansion content (well, new more than a year ago) was originally from a second expansion under development. They canned that and took what they had and gave it to us in bits and pieces. Once they ran out... no more content for D3.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wonder how many versions of D4 will have been scrapped and rebuilt by the time it launches in 2025.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
As others have suggested, I think the necro and all the new post D3 expansion content (well, new more than a year ago) was originally from a second expansion under development. They canned that and took what they had and gave it to us in bits and pieces. Once they ran out... no more content for D3.
Yep. The game has been considered not worth any major investment for quite a while now.

Bunch of battered wives in here(not the person I'm quoting). I doubt there will be a D4 in the form you want...ever. It might be made under a different name by a different company and look a bit different.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
This will eventually blow over. Next year will be D4 and D2 remaster and all will be forgiven while this mobile trash quietly rakes in a couple billion in revenue. I'm betting the first sentence of next Blizzcon will be "We learned a lot from the last Blizzcon..."

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It’s also a little self sustaining if done right which necro was not.

I hope that I explain this correctly.

So a healthy game getting a decent amount of updates keeps a player base fairly static with fluctuations up and down of course. They introduce a new class on a fairly regular schedule and that community is still there to buy it. If they don’t release it fast enough people have uninstalled or decided to try something else. It’s about training your community to have events whether for purchase or free on a cycle. You get that cycle right and people will pay that $10/yr type updates in the hundreds of thousands.

Get it wrong you have a mobile phone arpg.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Diablo 3 sold over 30million copies which makes it one the best selling games of all time. They are not going to throw that away or change up the sequel so much that people would consider it a different type of game. We'll get a proper Diablo game eventually, and for better or worse it's going to be monetized to allow continual development. It will be full of extra non gameplay effecting things to throw your money at, skins and wings and portraits and weird pets and shit like that. Optional paid DLC like new characters and full blown expansions are a thing of the past. It's all about 'free' new content paid for by cosmetic and quality of life microtransactions.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
People will pay for comestic armor, spell effects and skins. We like to be different and stand out from each other. Hell look at PoE, players have dropped $45 for a pair of demonic tentacle wings and a fuckton of money for spell effects.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
So I've been playing this on switch and having fun grinding shit out while Netflix on the couch with the wife. Anyone know what the good set is for high level rifting while gearing up for season 15? Started the barb by haven't really played much of the seasons so don't know which sets are good etc.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I watched the Diablo panel today when they announced it and the responses made the whole thing worthwhile. When the crowd was openly booing that it was going to be mobile only the people onstage retorted "Don't you all have phones?!?!?"

This seemed to make about as much sense as telling your GF she's getting back doored tonight and she complains and you say "Don't you have an asshole?"

One person openly asked if this was an ill timed April fools joke.

• 1Worf