Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Mine was a primal SoJ, hadn't planned on using it but +10 disc with 30% elite damage, crit, socket and dex on an UE build seemed pretty solid.

Haven't found a CoE yet so might get switched out, till then 3500% MS damage is a-okay with me. Found 0 others so far

Really good SoJs can be useful for impale (in place of elusive) or UE. With a really good SoJ and traveller's walk set you can cube CoE for top dps. This would be used more for pushing grifts than farming though (with recent UE boosting UE dps can become far more than is needed for insta givving t13).

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I can't even force myself to get to GR70. After playing PoE, I just don't have the motivation to do the exact same thing over and over again, PoE ruined that for me with its various options at endgame to mix things up. I'll admit running around feeling like OP Thor with 5pc was fun for a bit, but that wore off quick.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I can't even force myself to get to GR70. After playing PoE, I just don't have the motivation to do the exact same thing over and over again, PoE ruined that for me with its various options at endgame to mix things up. I'll admit running around feeling like OP Thor with 5pc was fun for a bit, but that wore off quick.

Maps are just as boring as rifts to me :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also Nats is not as satisfying as clearing a screen with a multishot, i need me UE set stat!

If you see me online feel free to holler, I have said screen clearing UE build and can push grifts into the 90's so easy to get DH gear

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I could see them doing T15-16 but T20 would be GR95 (and twice the health). 30 bounty mats per cache, 5+ DBs and key drops, not to mention legendaries raining from the sky due to exponential drop rates. There would undoubtedly be some XP exploits at those tiers out in the world somewhere.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
How hard would it be to make the stash searchable?

Again there's so many little things they could have done over the years that seem really simple. Adding Torment lvls you'd think would take all of 5 minutes aside from the graphics part.

Think I've gotten 3 Primals so far, all shit.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
So, what is the endgame exactly now in Diablo3? I did all the season achievments today and finished 20 GR. What to do now? Just run GR until my eyes bleed?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is no endgame unless you think you can compete with the botters and boxers who flood the leaderboards by multi farming gear on 4 toons to feed to their main plus the bots who chain run full bounties to funnel mats.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So, what is the endgame exactly now in Diablo3? I did all the season achievments today and finished 20 GR. What to do now? Just run GR until my eyes bleed?
You kind of have to make your own end game with Diablo these days. My typical end game goals are 1000 paragon, and get on the top 1k leaderboards of whatever class I'm playing. Pretty casual goals if you play for any amount of time during the Season.

As said, you can push leaderboards, but it's pretty hard to compete against botters and others.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

The RNG is D3 rifts feels completely random and it seems like 1 in 100 rifts where I get one that gives insane density and the type of mobs I want. In PoE I can choose the layout, mob type, density, difficulty, and the bonus content associated with it where as in D3 its just random.

In PoE racing at the league start I know were all on equal footing because we all have access to the same environment for the end game. In D3 this season I got the shittiest GRifts for like 20 in a row when I was pushing last weekend and I hit top 12, the DH in my group hit 9th on his GR rank and both of us realized how random it was with the layouts we got. Alkaizer who was 2nd for example got this insane GRift which was a linear layout and was PACKED full of mobs compared to the best one we saw in 2-3 hours that morning.

Crone

The RNG is D3 rifts feels completely random and it seems like 1 in 100 rifts where I get one that gives insane density and the type of mobs I want. In PoE I can choose the layout, mob type, density, difficulty, and the bonus content associated with it where as in D3 its just random.

In PoE racing at the league start I know were all on equal footing because we all have access to the same environment for the end game. In D3 this season I got the shittiest GRifts for like 20 in a row when I was pushing last weekend and I hit top 12, the DH in my group hit 9th on his GR rank and both of us realized how random it was with the layouts we got. Alkaizer who was 2nd for example got this insane GRift which was a linear layout and was PACKED full of mobs compared to the best one we saw in 2-3 hours that morning.
Question is, what has PoE done to soften the learning curve for new players? That skill tree is insane, but I guess that's what people like about it? I find it over-whelming and not fun to play.

PoE just feels like a game is great if you can somehow manage to suffer through 50-100 hours of shit, to understand wtf is going on.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question is, what has PoE done to soften the learning curve for new players? That skill tree is insane, but I guess that's what people like about it? I find it over-whelming and not fun to play.

PoE just feels like a game is great if you can somehow manage to suffer through 50-100 hours of shit, to understand wtf is going on.

They added a tutorial but I am not sure how good it is. Unfortunately I suffered more around 500 hours before I knew what was going on lol.

Crone

They added a tutorial but I am not sure how good it is. Unfortunately I suffered more around 500 hours before I knew what was going on lol.
Right, and as a new player, who wants to do that, or have time to do it? Diablo 3 has a learning curve, in that it takes a bit before you know exactly what's good or bad, or used in builds. I can salvage 3 GR runs worth of loot near instantly and be ready for the next set now though. But it didn't take damn anywhere close to what PoE takes to get to that point. :(

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right, and as a new player, who wants to do that, or have time to do it? Diablo 3 has a learning curve, in that it takes a bit before you know exactly what's good or bad, or used in builds. I can salvage 3 GR runs worth of loot near instantly and be ready for the next set now though. But it didn't take damn anywhere close to what PoE takes to get to that point. :(

Yeah its 2 different birds, D3 is like a bomb ass gauntlet style of arcade game back in the day. Its super fun to play with a few weeks and you dont need much thought to break into the game and play.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
The complexity is one of the things that appeals to me, I know that isn't for everyone, for me being the clueless noob figuring shit out in a game is half the fun. With PoE I don't have to just do maps forever, can switch it up and do some delve. Delve is so bloody addictive for me, I can't explain it, MOAR SULPHITE is all I know. The complex crafting system is pretty good too. Blew my mind when I figured out I could mod chests in the world, I felt dumb that I hadn't figured it out sooner. Meh enough about PoE from me, it's almost like comparing apples & oranges.

Just wish Blizz had put a little more passion into this game, I'd have zero problem buying a new DLC 2-3 times a year if it meant new content/items/game modes, and FFS bring back player trading! I get the RMAH was a clusterfuck, but don't completely remove a part of the game that's always been an integral to the series. I don't expect Diablo to be complex, but after multiple seasons, shit is stale.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users