Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Khane Khane was right about you being an apologist.
What did I say that was an apology? I guess I'm just not looking for an in depth constantly changing gameplay option in Diablo. It's not what this game ever was. Implying Immortal has anything to do with live is retarded at best.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What did I say that was an apology? I guess I'm just not looking for an in depth constantly changing gameplay option in Diablo. It's not what this game ever was. Implying Immortal has anything to do with live is retarded at best.
This is exactly what makes you an apologist. Instead of objectively looking at the current ARPG market(PoE is stealing your players), you subjectively excuse why Diablo 3 is still ok for you.

Directly, Immortal probably does not affect D3. However, you can't be so stupid as to not understand the hate it gets and the impact it makes in the overall status of the series. That, indirectly, definitely affects a player's perception and desire to play D3.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The hate it gets is from idiots who will end up playing the shit out of it. Every person on this board who was indignant over the "don't you have phones" line actually plays mobile games. I'm not an apologist, I'm a realist.

POE is still a piece of shit game and always will be. You like it better, that's great, there's a thread on that game, go there and talk with the others who like shit games.

I'm not making excuses why D3 is good for me. I have realistic expectations in the game market and don't have a cry baby attitude when it comes to Blizzard.

What's wrong with D3? They just did a huge shake up to the meta. It is in a great place as what specs are King has totally been turned on its head. It's like a brand new game wrapped inside the same graphics engine.

• 7Picard
  • 1Repost
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 12 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The hate it gets is from idiots who will end up playing the shit out of it. Every person on this board who was indignant over the "don't you have phones" line actually plays mobile games. I'm not an apologist, I'm a realist.

POE is still a piece of shit game and always will be. You like it better, that's great, there's a thread on that game, go there and talk with the others who like shit games.

I'm not making excuses why D3 is good for me. I have realistic expectations in the game market and don't have a cry baby attitude when it comes to Blizzard.

What's wrong with D3? They just did a huge shake up to the meta. It is in a great place as what specs are King has totally been turned on its head. It's like a brand new game wrapped inside the same graphics engine.

Wyatt Chen is this you?

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I'll give you one more chance, but Korrupt's response is likely better.

I drive a car every day. Does that mean I want Grand Theft Diablo?

I don't care what you think about PoE. You have to realize that it exists and that it's encroaching on Diablo's playerbase in a significant fashion. If Blizzard was to respond to that in a typical competitive market, this would be great! But instead, they're effectively abandoning the series/market. This is where your "updates every 2 years is ok!" opinion is bad and wrong.

Setting your expectations to whatever Blizzard happens to do doesn't make them realistic. It makes them apologetic.

Tuning set multipliers is low effort and you know it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
GR105 is where I hit the wall for Tal wizard, 101-104 I could slowly grind progress and feel confidant that it was doable but at 105 the incoming damage starts outpacing your toughness and any ranged packs can hit the "and now you die" button.

That's likely the point where you need to have full ancients for the extra Vit and slap on augments for extra mitigation, then more paragon and perfect rolls to squeeze out DPS down the line.

Fucker

Log Wizard
You must be trolling...

I quit playing just as season 1 dropped. I played the Necro a little, but that doesn't count. It feels like a newish game with the workable drops and fast xp. I caught up to and far surpassed my main Wizard in a small fraction of the time. Sure, it's still the same ole Diablo 3, but at least it's fun to screw around with now.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
A. They did update it. We got reworked sets and the rorg season totally changes builds.

B. Rise of the Necromancer is less then 2 years old. It was a good update to the game with new tile sets and a new class.

C. No one from Blizzard is working on immortal. I don't for the life of me few the hate on immortal. Ever single person on this board has at least tried mobile games. They are popular enough that we have a whole section of the forums dedicated to them.

D. You shouldn't be fishing at 90 now. Every class should still be destroying rifts at 90.

So you're content with D3 and where it's at, got it...

As far as fishing. Maybe it's my play style with Tal Meteor but I'm at GR97 right now and whether I clear it or not feels more due to the rift layout and density than anything else. Think the leaderboard #1 is at GR114, so I don't think I'm exaggerating.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
They just did a huge shake up to the meta.
What did they do to shake up the meta? It was my understanding that all they did was add zeros behind every set bonus for damage. Am I wrong and they changed set items or added new ones or changed how abilities worked?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
What did they do to shake up the meta? It was my understanding that all they did was add zeros behind every set bonus for damage. Am I wrong and they changed set items or added new ones or changed how abilities worked?

On some they added multiple zeros

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

Nothing. The best builds are still reasonably the best builds. Just now the real turd builds aren't turds anymore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah so I was kind of pissed at first glance when those changes dropped as well, because it did seem super lazy. But Blizz usually doesn't nerf and they barely touched Akkhan, Sunwuko, or any of the Necro sets. So the end result was a shakeup in relative power levels or at least a narrowing of the power level between different builds. Before, Sunwuko might have been a GR115 build, with the next closest being a 105 build. Now the 2nd or 3rd best builds might be within 5 GRs of the best.

Was it still lazy? Hell yes. I would have liked to see some of the other legendary affixes change, or god forbid, they add functionality for a couple new legionaries each season. But it was a semi-balancing.

TLDR; what Brando just said.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
PoE is a piece of shit game....yet every league it breaks its own record with amount of people playing. I wonder what the masterpiece that is D3 is sitting at?

I really want to play this game again but I know I'll be bored out of my mind in 2 days. PoE is my preference but I do get the D3 itch time to time...I'll probably cave sometime this week though and get my fix for 2019. Who do I message for guild invite there?