Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Was hoping for a bit more class changes but this is good stuff overall. Higher torments and gimmicky puzzle ring stuff is fun

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Not enough to get me to play again (not sure anything would since I fell deep into the PoE hole) but the QoL stuff is cool, and higher Torment levels. The LoN buff is meh, curious to hear what the new puzzle ring is (+gooderer vault probably, lul).

They still need to make pets pick up crafting mats along with gold.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Always wondered why ancient puzzle rings didn't do something like 10x loot or more goblins. Same thing for the udderly ridiculous portal on goblin spawns, guessing that will take you to the cow level? If it doesn't have a stupid loot parade why bother though.

Kinda wish the season buff was +dmg for ancient items without the set ban requirement though. Only LoN build I've ever played was the crusader bombardment one, and it was meh, dunno that the current one would even match some of the weaker sets for damage output after the latest damage ramp. Basically guarantees you can run CoE + unity + whatever class buff ring helps you out

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The GF and I the game and am doing Adventure mode content for the first time ever. Seasonal of course. Having a blast. Tried bumping the difficulty up to Torment 4 and whoa fuck lol. Went back down to T1 pretty quick.

We're on Chapter IV of the Season Journey. We're doing okay figuring stuff out as we go, but any tips or tricks for first timers?

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
The GF and I the game and am doing Adventure mode content for the first time ever. Seasonal of course. Having a blast. Tried bumping the difficulty up to Torment 4 and whoa fuck lol. Went back down to T1 pretty quick.

We're on Chapter IV of the Season Journey. We're doing okay figuring stuff out as we go, but any tips or tricks for first timers?

• 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
The bump up to T4 / GR 20 solo before you get your 6 piece from Haedrig's gift can be one of the biggest bumps, especially for someone relatively new to the game. Look for some of the other supporting legendaries with big bumps to your damage skill and try to lean on those. Also, a mix of regular rifts (for keys) and GRs (to get legendary gems) will help you as those gems are a big deal early in your progression, even if they aren't level 25 yet.

If you need specific build guides to handle your GR20 solo portion, check out Team BRG who put out specific guides to get you past that hump. For example, if the 4 piece for a class is not well suited for the jump to T4, they may recommend a build specifically to sort of cheese that part of the challenge.

After you both get 6pc set bonuses, it's on like Donkey Kong and you should be able to do T8-T10 easily, and higher still as you flesh out your gems and supporting legendaries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
With most 2 or 4 piece bonuses you should be able to get the challenges done for all 6, if not fill out all your gear with max yellows (blacksmith, jewelry) and make sure it has as much crit chance/crit damage/hp/main stat.

Come to think of it, for the majority of the game those 4 attributes are pretty universally wanted.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Been reading up a bit, I'm playing a Crusader and the GF is playing Necromancer. Crusader is apparent kind of meh with just 4/6 of his Kanai's pieces.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
The Hammerdin set? Yes that was 100% my experience the last time I played that class for season journey. The guide suggests a Thorns build instead.

• 1Like

SeanDoe1z1

LoN change is interesting. Might dick around and do necro speed runs over the weekend and then get bored.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The Hammerdin set? Yes that was 100% my experience the last time I played that class for season journey. The guide suggests a Thorns build instead.

Indeed it does. Won't play more til this weekend but that'll be my goal. Or maybe just have my girlfriend's necro carry me. :p

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Getting your 6 piece should be super easy. Some synergy is required, but not alot of synergy. I'm using Golden Flense for this, so I'll use sweep attack. I only have Falling Star on the hotbar to skip things. I did 1 GR13 (Torment 2) to get Bane of the Powerful before I attempted the GR20 run, you can see the gem in the amulet.

Result:

Not sure if it's just a knowledge thing or what (I've played a shitload or crusader in D3), but doing this was pretty simple.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PTR patch is live, ancient/primal puzzle rings now confirmed to spawn 2 goblin packs in the vault as well. Kind of.. underwhelming. Also there was some additional item changes that weren't in the patch notes.

EDIT: Most of these changes were unintentional and the result of internal testing; they slipped through to PTR, but have already been fixed for 2.6.5 Live. The exception is the change to Carnevil. That's intended and was just missed for the patch notes.

Apologies for any confusion, and I appreciate your patience while I did some digging!
  • Carnevil
    The 5 10 Fetishes closest to you will shoot a powerful Poison Dart every time you do.
  • Reaper's Wraps
    Health globes restore 25-30% 100% of your primary resource.
  • Tasker and Theo
    Drop weight increased from 75 to 100
  • The Shadow’s Mantle
    (6) Impale deals an additional 75000% 60000% weapon damage to the first enemy hit.
edit: on second thought, the legendary bonus from T16 + goblins might make it more worthwhile than initially thought

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
T18 elites drop 3-4 breaths and you get 22 bounty mats per bounty. Dunno how many keys you get from a rift, I killed a keyward and got two thingies.

• 1Faggotry