Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
All 6-piece bonuses should get you to GR50, some straight to 70. Depends on whether you need supporting legendaries to finish a rotation or simply pump up the numbers more.

Spent the last week burning all of my seasonal materials to get the set dungeon wings. Now I can never play any of those classes again. Not even sure i want to do the necro.

Yeah, I got lucky and had a couple of the good supporting legendaries already stashed away. My first time ever playing Diablo 3 past the first couple chapters, it never hooked me before. Definitely has me hooked now.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I have been bored and looking for something to play to kill a little time, I ended up loading up and installing Diablo 2 and even though the graphics are old as balls and the game feels sloggy to play there is something about it that is still miles beyond what you get in Diablo 3 when items drop. I would love to see a mix between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 for a true game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
So I have been bored and looking for something to play to kill a little time, I ended up loading up and installing Diablo 2 and even though the graphics are old as balls and the game feels sloggy to play there is something about it that is still miles beyond what you get in Diablo 3 when items drop. I would love to see a mix between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 for a true game.

D3 is miles better than on original release, but I still consider it a failure despite the hours I spent playing it.

I still remember dying to elites in 2 seconds on Torment and finding out that was "intended".

What a fucking cluster.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre

PREACH IT BROTHER BOOZECUBE!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LOL he did get me a few necro items. Honestly most aren't bad it's simply getting all the items and if you have a ton of crafting mats to rare upgrade might as well use 'em

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Patch 2.6.5 PTR Preview
  • Adjustments have been made to enemy Health and Damage in Torment 14, 15, and 16 to better match up to Greater Rift 65, 70, and 75 respectively
  • Rewards for Infernal Machines, Organs, and Greater Rift Keys have been improved
  • Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases damage of your Blessed Shield by 15-20% 75-100% 30-35%for 3 seconds
  • Wave of Destruction damage now scales with Attack Speed
Grace of Inarius
  • 6-Piece Bonus
    • Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer by 3750% 10000%
  • Sin Seekers
    • Now also adds 250-300% damage to Rapid Fire
  • Wojahnni Assaulter
    • Rapid Fire deals 60-75% 75-100% increased damage for every half second that you channel. Stacks up to 4 30 times.
      • The stacks gained from Wojahnni Assaulter now also stack much more quickly
  • Necromancer Simulacrums now benefit from the Trag'Oul's Avatar 6-Piece Bonus

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Looks like rapid fire _vastly_ improved for use in an LoN build. I'm tempted to try that with rapid fire (grenade rune) and hellcat or w.ever belt.

For season, prolly go CoE/SoJ/Ring of Evasion (CoE or RoE cubed), ammy is good hellfire ammy, grenade passive, cull the weak, awareness, thrill of the hunt would be a start at that build (along with dawn cubed, wojahnny assaulter, sin seekers).

So... boots, shoulders, bracer, helm, chest, legs, gloves and armor passive to play with beyond that. This build would NOT be a farm build, so farming gear is out. Maybe Leoric helm / Visage of Gunes (one cubed), Beckon Sail, some legendary pants (doesn't really matter), cinder wrap (the +20 fire gloves), the cold immune boots, reaper's wraps to help with hatred, shoulders are the ones that increase damage when you channel

skills would be vengeance(hatred regen rune), vault, wolf or bat pet, preparation, evasive fire (+armor or +hate rune), rapid fire (grenade rune)

leg gems are the one doing extra damage to slowed with the slow aura (name escapes me), bane of the stricken, the gem that increases your damage while you channel

YMMV.

• 1Faggotry

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did they buff the LoN set to even compare against the normal sets? Seemed like for the pain in the ass it was to get all ancients, the damage was still lackluster.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they buff the LoN set to even compare against the normal sets? Seemed like for the pain in the ass it was to get all ancients, the damage was still lackluster.
Top tier is seeing LoN use in s16, depending on class. Seems like it’s mostly a pain in the ass (see swamp land waders). Think the season buff will see the most use when you are farming for your sets, with rare ancients.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Top tier is seeing LoN use in s16, depending on class. Seems like it’s mostly a pain in the ass (see swamp land waders). Think the season buff will see the most use when you are farming for your sets, with rare ancients.

I imagine you'll need to do bounty runs a lot to reforge key legendaries to ancient (or do ubers a lot for a good ancient HF ammy).

I used to run with rapid fire in vanilla d3, it was fun, so perhaps i'll try this next season.
Prolly use gogok, taeguk and green slow gem, hard to say. Perhaps cube the quiver that gives free channeling to rapid fire instead of cubing dawn, not sure.

• 1Faggotry

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What do you guys playing Crusader think is the best build for this season? I've got all the sets completed except for Invoker, and can't seem to make a good build with any of them other than the Light / Hammer set. Copying stuff from Icy Veins website. I really wanted Roland's to work for me but it seemed way worse than Hammer. Maybe I was lacking the right supporting legendaries? Idk.

This is my first season of Diablo I've ever played btw, totally new to the game. Have my Crusader up to Paragon level 430 or so.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Iirc icy veins was shit for d3? I always used diablofans but that's dead, just like this game!

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Icyveins is probably the next best thing.

Ultimately for any build, you likely need all the legendary items to make it work above t9-t10. Just having a 6 piece will usually give you the damage to clear 10, but survivability becomes questionable without some of those damage reduction items.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Have mercy on my soul. Rolled a Crusader. Haven't played in forever. Still dicking around. Still stuck in PoE mode keywise. Oh well lots of time so we'll see how it goes.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Am thinking about picking this up as i'm a bit fucked off with poe at the moment. It checks all the boxes for me as i'll be away for some of the summer and it's old so it runs on my laptop really well.

Do I just get the war chest and the necromancer pack thing?

I've never played this before, but it seems like it might be pretty enjoyable. Any advice appreciated.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
You could skip the necro pack as it really doesn't add anything other than the class and if it's your first time you have plenty of choices to play with until bored unless PC is selling the eternal edition which they weren't last time I checked.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I've never played this before, but it seems like it might be pretty enjoyable. Any advice appreciated.

The game is very straightforward, it is only at the higher end that you need to understand how some multipliers stack.

The start of the game is crap so try to get past that asap.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm not a fan of stories. But it's not bad. Much better story than PoE by far. The best part is after one run with a character you can skip it on the next ones.

• 1Like