Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Offline single player? No? That's OK, I can still go back to D2 v1.<whichever I want> whenever I want and not when you let me. Fuck you ActiBlizzard, I'd torrent it anyway.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When level 60 legendaries are 100%/10% and then level 70 primals are 100%/10% then what's the point. High end builds roll off main stats anyways for % which didn't increase with RoS and ancient became RNG's way of saying "haha you got an awesome affix roll but it's not ancient so no augment fuck you"

Not being able to reroll a single resist into AR due to the way the affixes work is also retarded, so many dumb quirks and issues.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Inb4 they go hard casualmode because they give up on competing with POE for the hardcore crowd.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
PoE gave up on the hardcore crowd. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing, but the game is MUCH less grindy than when I started in 2.6.

If you want to grind, 40/40 is still there. But things like T16 map sustain have become much easier in recent leagues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I personally think PoE is in a great place now. There are still crazy builds, items, and league achievements that require serious grind. It’s a decent balance. I do think the bosses need to be ticked up in difficulty a bit. (Or player damage toned down....either way)

Well aware that what is my personal sweet spot isn’t necessarily someone else’s. PoE is right there for me now. D3 is way too shallow even for a casual pleb like me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gonna be a fuckton of Barbs this Season due to the Haedrig's Gift being the WW set, on top of it getting huge Buffs. Streamers on PTR just facerolling GR100+ with it. Also noticed that there may be another Rat run contender for experience grinding consisting of WW Barb, Zbarb, Zmonk, and either another WW Barb or Impale DH.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Prediction: Whatever D4 teaser trailer they show will end with a fade to black, pause, Deckard Cain's voice saying "stay a while, and listen," then release year on screen

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Fades to black.... then the text: 'ALPHA IN THE SPRING IF YOU SUB TO WOW FOR A YEAR NOW'

• 1Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can't wait for a 6 month testing period with only access to the first 15 minutes of content again!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I can't wait for a 6 month testing period with only access to the first 15 minutes of content again!
D3 beta was such fucking nonsense, I didn't even bother with it. Hopefully this time they don't give a fuck about their story and just let people play the game and test shit, including endgame. I'm 100% sure they didn't want to in D3 cause of all the "spoilers" and their "epic story with surprises and twists", which in reality the only twist is that it was so fucking stupid and started real dumb by killing one of the most iconic characters for no fucking reason, and then somehow not getting better from there but worse.

At this point though I'm more curious about what flavor of disapointment it'll be.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Blizzard killed Decard Cain with a butterfly and made Diablo a tranny. Will not be buying D4.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't remember ever actually finding out that I was the "nephalim." I talked to a ghost at a bridge, went to murder a forest, and when I came back to him he was talking about how I should know my proud heritage now that I know I'm a nephalim.

I guess killing something in the forest was supposed to trigger a reveal or something and I just ran past it before it went off.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
shit mobile game (Immortal) takes place between 2 and 3. D3 ROS ended with us basically releasing all the Lords of Hell that were trapped in the Soulstone.

D3 had a second expac cancelled for who knows what reason (hence why d3 hasnt gotten any new content in years. Just rift rift and rift!)

D4 will take place after 3.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can someone fill me in but I thought they said that D4 will be some shit mobile game?
That's Diablo Immortal, which was laughed out of the building but they'll still try to make money off it. D4 has anywhere from 3 months to 3 years of development at this point but no one really knows til Blizzcon.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gotta go for that May 2022 release date to keep a consistent 10 year release cadence.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
PoE gave up on the hardcore crowd. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing, but the game is MUCH less grindy than when I started in 2.6.

If you want to grind, 40/40 is still there. But things like T16 map sustain have become much easier in recent leagues.

Welp, I have been back to playing a D3 Barb in short spurts here and there before the end of the season, and in no way is Diablo remotely comparable to PoE in any way "hardcore" from level 1 to endgame. I admit to not doing "hardcore" (ell o ell) grift pushing in Diablo 3 because I have better ways to spend my gaming time, but it is no match for PoE.

The sheer level of complexity in all the systems in PoE is what makes it "hardcore" really, in that there are about a hundred fucking things you need to be working on all the time, and they introduce a new thing just about every league. And then you go back to D3 after 2 years and it is literally the same game with some extra layers of gear acquisition and a rotating set emphasis.

If they even made D4 an average of D2 and D3 in complexity I would pay my monies for it. If they made the loot system a little more, I don't know, remarkable? Worth chasing? Less specific class focused? I would be a lot more excited.

In other words, it is the loot system that makes D3 the bottom and PoE the top, in my opinion.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users