Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Rhykker's getting excited again, having learned nothing from last year.

Honestly, can anyone compete with PoE? They have so much available content that they're going to start rotating it. Imagine WoW where a significant percentage of dungeons and raids were all endgame viable at the same time. Kinda like the Time-lost shit but more widely implemented.

D4(it won't even be called that) is not going to be a typical ARPG. It's going to have at least a flavor of something else to help set it apart from PoE. And D3, honestly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Honestly, can anyone compete with PoE? They have so much available content that they're going to start rotating it. Imagine WoW where a significant percentage of dungeons and raids were all endgame viable at the same time. Kinda like the Time-lost shit but more widely implemented.

D4(it won't even be called that) is not going to be a typical ARPG. It's going to have at least a flavor of something else to help set it apart from PoE. And D3, honestly.

If they want me to buy D4 it will have to have the following:

1.) Actual fucking skill trees with assignable points
2.) Loot piñatas that make me question whether or not I need a fucking loot filter
3.) SKIPABLE FUCKING CUTSCENES
4.) Repeatable content that is semi-randomized so that I can farm for certain types of items/craftables
5.) A return of the auction house but without the real money side and the ability to offer items and craftables as payment instead of just currency
6.) Honestly, if they just straight ripped off of POE and made shards and crafting items tradeable so that they could be used as currency it would be a step in the right direction

Nola

Trakanon Raider

Well, he should be excited. Last year I don't really remember any leaks regarding D4 like it's been this year. He knows it's going to be announced. Hell he and every other streamer/content creator that was invited to Blizzcon knows it's D4.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, he should be excited. Last year I don't really remember any leaks regarding D4 like it's been this year. He knows it's going to be announced. Hell he and every other streamer/content creator that was invited to Blizzcon knows it's D4.
"D4" is just a name, it has no substantial meaning. What else has been leaked?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

I kind of hope no dev listens to him (and they likely don't). He definetly has that "bitch about a game and tell you what it needs, but doesn't have a clue on how to get there". Let me list 14 things a game needs, now go cook that up and get back to me. Still hard to imagine someone makes a living devoted to mostly one game that hasn't got a real update/upgrade in years.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
All of these leaks are just distractions from the real announcement, Immortal will be released during Blizzcon.

• 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I kind of hope no dev listens to him (and they likely don't). He definetly has that "bitch about a game and tell you what it needs, but doesn't have a clue on how to get there". Let me list 14 things a game needs, now go cook that up and get back to me. Still hard to imagine someone makes a living devoted to mostly one game that hasn't got a real update/upgrade in years.

He was also practically crying on a youtube video when he found out last years announcement was Immortal and not D4. He's a bit emo. What do you expect from someone who tucked his ears into his hat for years? Though he recently stopped doing it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I never noticed about the hat. But I remember him after the announcement going full emo "I just bought a house".

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I can't stand when Youtubers go away from build videos and news and get into baseless speculation and armchair game design. And boy is there a lot of it in the Diablo community. Stay in your fucking lane people.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

PoE is pretty shitty. I've played every Diablo season to completion. I don't think I ever made it past act 3 in PoE. The game is just awful.

• 2Faggotry
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Meh. D3 is like mortal kombat to poe’s Street fighter 2. That’s not a compliment to d3.

Also not entirely an insult.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
PoE is pretty shitty. I've played every Diablo season to completion. I don't think I ever made it past act 3 in PoE. The game is just awful.

I couldn't even make it past Act 1. Just something about the game doesn't click with me.

Yet I had no issue getting to Paragon 100 pre-RoS in D3.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
With seasons do the games even compete with each other?
They don't have to, no. I'd probably play both if they had incongruous content release cycles.

Their recent seasons don't count as content. The latest is an almost complete copy of PoE's Rampage league.