Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I can't stand when Youtubers go away from build videos and news and get into baseless speculation and armchair game design. And boy is there a lot of it in the Diablo community. Stay in your fucking lane people.

They can't. Not only is there no more lane, the road ended miles back and they are driving through open desert now.....heading for a canyon.

There, took that metaphor and drove it right into the dirt. The dirt that used to be a road.

YEET!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Game-mechanics wise, POE is great (might do a better job of gating off some of the accreted gameplay mechanics so that new players have time to digest/understand them one-by-one as they level instead of being bukkake-shotgunned in the face as early as possible). Gameplay-feel-wise, even if Blizzard has lost all their competent design staff, their server/implementation staff are still beasts. I've rarely played any games that feel as smooth to play as blizzard games. Even if the recent ones have been a smooth stream of shit.

Instead of making new games, they should just rent those guys out to other companies to tweak/optimize their games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Apparently there is a 4Chan leak saying Diablo 4 will be a fantasy looter shooter to fill Destiny's void. The person while back leaked info about WoW expansion like vulpera and mechagnomes as playable races.

I don't believe this cause it just doesn't make any sense for Blizzard to make the 4th installment into a shooter when they could just make it a whole new game. But we all know Blizzard has made dumber decisions in the past. If they announce on Friday that it will a looter shooter I'm done with Blizzard.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Most rumors were pointing to it being an over-the-shoulder ARPG in the style of Dark Souls. I think it could definitely be done well, but a lot of people will be upset it's not a classic to-down model. Not sure which I'd prefer. Destiny 1/2 were good and bad at times, but I have PoE for a classic top-down with more depth than Blizzard will ever have. Of course I'm a fuccboi and I'd love an ARPG BR to be implemented, especially if it means you grind your PVE content to get weapons/armor to take into PVP and wreck people with. But then the poopsocking would be wayyyy too hardcore.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most rumors were pointing to it being an over-the-shoulder ARPG in the style of Dark Souls. I think it could definitely be done well, but a lot of people will be upset it's not a classic to-down model. Not sure which I'd prefer. Destiny 1/2 were good and bad at times, but I have PoE for a classic top-down with more depth than Blizzard will ever have. Of course I'm a fuccboi and I'd love an ARPG BR to be implemented, especially if it means you grind your PVE content to get weapons/armor to take into PVP and wreck people with. But then the poopsocking would be wayyyy too hardcore.
There is no way any of us could keep up with the kids or streamers in that kind of a game.

I wouldn't doubt it if the destiny style and souls style are actually both right and it's a destiny style game with a souls POV camera.

I've played pretty much every ARPG for computer there has been and nothing compares to the Diablo franchise. I'll be sad if it changes. At least there will always be the ahitbix that is going to be the Torchlight MMO.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
would be funny if they took Immortal after that shit-show they had last con, and just re-worked the whole game into a destiny style game, but kept working on D4, doubt this would ever happen seems they are really pushing the whole mobile aspect of things, which is =/

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd be happy with D4 being top down or over the shoulder. If its over the shoulder, they will need to allow players to still blow up large numbers of mobs or else it just wouldn't be Diablo. They have two engines that can do this well (WoW / Overwatch), just make the artstyle dark and bloody.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
would be funny if they took Immortal after that shit-show they had last con, and just re-worked the whole game into a destiny style game, but kept working on D4, doubt this would ever happen seems they are really pushing the whole mobile aspect of things, which is =/
I don't get the hate on immortal at all. Game probably isn't for me but there is definitely a market for it and they are investing very few resources in to it. Mobile gaming is the future.

• 2Barf
  • 1Repost
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I think a large part of it came about because people thought or hoped it was going to be a D4 announcement and they got a mobile deal instead. If they had come out with D4 first and then immortal I don't think the butthurt would have been near as much.

Someone bought into the hype and supposed leaks.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Immortal being their tent pole Diablo announcement is the problem. Should’ve been a fucking footnote.

• 1Like

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Immortal being their tent pole Diablo announcement is the problem. Should’ve been a fucking footnote.

The rumor mill is that D4 was supposed to be announced last year, but something happened where they couldn't so they had to act excited for Immortal.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't get the hate on immortal at all. Game probably isn't for me but there is definitely a market for it and they are investing very few resources in to it. Mobile gaming is the future.
What are you getting out of this?

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
How many big mobile gamers even consider Diablo as an important game to build on. I'm probably 100% wrong but I would think mobile gamers don't have a large overlap of people that have played or will play a Diablo game in the future. It's 7-20+ years old now. The fact that we have this discussion on a forum that grew out of a 20 year old game pretty much says it all. A forum? What's that in the days of social media that I'm guessing most mobile gamers have grown out of.

A fair number of them probably say stuff like "yeah dad played that, or grandpa played that I think". Or whatever the phrase would be said in a non english language. No doubt mobile gaming is where a lot of companies are moving toward for growth. Not sure there would be a lot of overlap they apparently banked on between the two.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If it is anything other than a loot shower ARPG than I am going to pass since Blizzard has eroded every bit of goodwill I ever held towards them.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Hellgate: Diablo would actually be pretty fucking cool. I have just about as many fond memories of Hellgate as I do D2. Perhaps more buggy nightmares, but I did really enjoy Hellgate. Look at the Steam reviews of its latest iteration - it is a dumpster fire of epic proportions. I managed to play it briefly on the open servers before they shut them down for good and sold it off.......what 2 years ago?

So If Blizzard made a smooth-running Hellgate: Diablo I would be on-board!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hoping for a wild D4 announcement just so it forces PoE to go even harder. I pray D4 is just a normal Diablo type arpg. The genre isn’t stale they just abandoned D3.

PoEs convention is soon after so hoping one of the 2 is a home run.

• 2Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What are you getting out of this?
Absolutely nothing and that's okay.

Borzak Borzak - I know a decent number of dads who play it on the switch or console with their kids. I also have a bunch of friends in their 40s who don't PC game anymore but use the fuck out of their tablet on the couch while their wife watches Hallmark movies.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Diablo is a little mature still for my 6 year old, but fully intend to introduce him to it on ps4 or switch at some point. Will be great!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Absolutely nothing and that's okay.

Borzak Borzak - I know a decent number of dads who play it on the switch or console with their kids. I also have a bunch of friends in their 40s who don't PC game anymore but use the fuck out of their tablet on the couch while their wife watches Hallmark movies.
Ok, but what about the rest of us that want to enjoy a thread without a contrarian blowhard? Or are you a Blizzard apologist? I can't decide.

• 1Like