Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The itemization would be better off if we had a way to permanent raise an affix, rather than fishing for perfect affixes -1 AND ancient AND all rolls in the top 95%+ range.

I was pretty surprised when i sanctified a Squirt's and it did not auto-roll a socket. Odds are much worse than you think to get a usable one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Odds are much worse than you think to get a usable one.
I'd say worse than that even.

And it's not like I had to roll a separate class for bounty/key farming, i can just swap my necro to trag death nova which is pretty damn fast when set up right. But this is a pretty unique season in terms of builds that will only be viable once so I felt like branching out.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Get really good versions of most slots, make a half hearted attempt to push and quit until next season. It’s the d3 cycle.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One thing I had completely forgotten from the ethereal season is Witch Doctor’s only have 3 options for unique rings at lvl 31, one of which is puzzle rings. This should make getting every non bounty mat a snap.

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if this has been posted but you should be using your league essence on your puzzle rings turning them primal ancient, ran like 10 today the loot is insane

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
One thing I had completely forgotten from the ethereal season is Witch Doctor’s only have 3 options for unique rings at lvl 31, one of which is puzzle rings. This should make getting every non bounty mat a snap.
Half the classes only have 3 rings from 31 to 33, but you can't use crucibles unless the item is 70.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Not sure if this has been posted but you should be using your league essence on your puzzle rings turning them primal ancient, ran like 10 today the loot is insane
Fuck you guys getting enough drops to sanctify puzzle rings. True to form I got my first essence around para 400, got the shitty barb affix, and haven't gotten another just crossing over para 600.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Logged off last night at paragon 652. So far 1 season essence (which rolled the barb wrath of the berserker), 3 echoing nightmare keys, and zero socket cubes. Socket cube drop rate I'm used to but it sucks to essentially not experience the season because I can't get the new mechanic to drop. Would much prefer the method a couple seasons ago where a base version was a guaranteed drop. When you can only equip one anyway what's the harm, other than the puzzle ring boost, in making them common?

I'm sure part of the problem is I've gotten too efficient each season that I'm essentially done except for the 3rd conquest. Echoing nightmare giving you an instant high level augment and satisfying the gem leveling steps cuts out a ton of time. Same with being able to GR70 with basically your 6-piece set. I don't mind getting that deep into the season journey that quickly but it feels bad when low drop rates essentially become zero drop rates.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's utterly bizarre that you've only gotten a single crucible so far, I've gotten 50-60 at paragon 1000 along with at least a dozen sockets and like 20 nightmares.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tal Rasha meteor is surprisingly good so far despite not really benefitting from the season theme (the storm armor power is terrible). The toughness from the T4 bonus is insane.

rashatoughness.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
These numbers are just out of control lol. They need a number squish bad. Remove about five zeroes and it would be much more manageable.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
kind of incredible how much kill-speed a zBarb brings to a duo/group compared to running another dedicated damage dealer.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
90% damage buff +85% if they're wearing oculus ring for the other 3 not counting their pulling and defensive utility. zBarb +3 would probably out dps a 6 dps group if you could go that high.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
90% damage buff +85% if they're wearing oculus ring for the other 3 not counting their pulling and defensive utility. zBarb +3 would probably out dps a 6 dps group if you could go that high.
especially this season with the unlimited grouping from sanctified whirlwind instead of having to yeet them around with ancient spear.

The single worst thing about really high level GRs is that mob hp scales so far that you have to switch from normal gameplay to rounding up giant pulls to aoe down while still having enough single target damage to kill the boss afterwards. My tal rasha wiz can do 130s consistently in about 11 minutes playing normally, but I'm pretty much as far as I can go without radically changing my playstyle, and the taunt effect on mempo is counter-productive when it comes to trying to round up big groups.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Started playing the season last weekend, got first essence around rift 30ish I think, way before filling out my Rathmas build. I tend not to "spoil" myself by reading up on new content, figure it out on my own. Didn't even notice what mod I got, walked into a neph rift, and shit just exploded, figured I'd set myself to normal. Nope I got the AotD mod, didn't even notice, was just stoked for the perfect stats.

Shit is god mode, only thing seems to hold me back is occasional 1 shots, so I'm running with pally companion for extra death prevent, likely push into GR 100+ this weekend, assuming I can upgrade everything.

Worst part of the season was farming the damn RoRG, took 3 days of Act 1 bounties on Torment 16, RNG is a bitch. I recall having the same issue with the Illusory Boots couple years ago too for my crusader.

Any other classes have similar fun? Looking at doing an alt to take breaks from rift spamming.

I had 2 full pages of stash last time I played, only have 3 on 2nd page now, anyone have something similar happen?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
You'd be better off running t16 bounties in a group, finish all of them in the same time it takes to do 1 round of a1's and it gives you a bonus chance at getting the rings. No reason to target farm any specific acts bounties (on PC at least, not sure on console).

For pure farming nonsensically fast, WW barbs and multishot/strafe DH are god tier stuff and good for mindless playing.

• 1Like