Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
You'd be better off running t16 bounties in a group, finish all of them in the same time it takes to do 1 round of a1's and it gives you a bonus chance at getting the rings. No reason to target farm any specific acts bounties (on PC at least, not sure on console).

For pure farming nonsensically fast, WW barbs and multishot/strafe DH are god tier stuff and good for mindless playing.
RoRG only drops from A1 bounty cache (or A4, which has the entire pool of bounty only items) why I was spamming it, by not grouping I did it to myself I know, but I've always been the SSF type for these games. Takes about 10-15min to run A1 solo for me. PC, I haven't owned a console since a PS3 for drunken CoD Zombies ages ago.

Necro is pretty mindless right now with season class mod(more than usual), 87 GR and I just blast elites/RG with AotD, and hit command skel to keep them bouncing around. I was pretty lucky getting all the other drops I needed early on to complete my build, just that damn ring holding me back. For pure farming I scale back to 65-70, and everything just vaporizes, even with some gold/MF stuff equipped.

Might do a barb, but been eyeing the corpse explosion builds, still one of my fav skills, I just don't recall it being very effective past leveling before. Loved it in OG D2.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Hit Gr 100 this morning on Necro, prob take it a few more today.

Never bothered going this high before, usually say fuck it around 70ish.

Still haven't died on GR runs, came close on 100.

Streaming it for shits and giggles on Discord if anyone bored.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hit Gr 100 this morning on Necro, prob take it a few more today.

Never bothered going this high before, usually say fuck it around 70ish.

Still haven't died on GR runs, came close on 100.

Streaming it for shits and giggles on Discord if anyone bored.
Nice, I've been playing HOTA LOD barb and its a bit tedious, I've been trying to get some stuff for WW barb just because its way more chill to farm with but in about 10k blood shards and a ton of runs I still can't get the belt.

Buddy of mine plays some crazy crusader build that goes fast af and just kills shit with lightning like an auto bomber.

Its a bit too much of screen gasm for my tastes but not a bad zoom build. Think monk has a good zoom build as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nice, I've been playing HOTA LOD barb and its a bit tedious, I've been trying to get some stuff for WW barb just because its way more chill to farm with but in about 10k blood shards and a ton of runs I still can't get the belt.

Buddy of mine plays some crazy crusader build that goes fast af and just kills shit with lightning like an auto bomber.

Its a bit too much of screen gasm for my tastes but not a bad zoom build. Think monk has a good zoom build as well.
I have been wanting to play another Crusader for a couple seasons now, but they just looked so slow. Hopefully that lightning build is still good next season (or the next time I play).

WW barb this season is tied with monk (from a previous season) for speed to consistently clear a GR in. I was hitting GR80 to GR88 at right around 3 mins, but was never able to clear much faster than that. Once I hit GR90, the farm times started to taper off significantly and didn't seem to be worth the trouble for leveling gems or getting items.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist

Yeah finished 110, and I'm done pushing GR for a bit, when an elite pack takes a few AotD to kill, time to upgrade more.

Went from 5 min at 100 to 10+ at 110. Getting raped at start before I get revives up sucks.

Back to working on DH sets i guess, just need 3rd conquest to finish Guardian, the sets one is only one left I can realistically do. Gold and 45 GR were easy.

Rathma necro is crazy this season, I'm only half ancient gear, and only augmented 2 peices so far.

Which belt? Pride of Cassius? Seems a PITA to get for everyone, aside gambling at lvl 29, but that just useful for cubing IIRC.

Edit: Anyone that hasn't really played season yet, I'd be happy to run you through rifts to level up, hell even alts. I'm no pro, but should be pretty easy with my build.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I very abruptly got bored and stopped playing quite a while back but I think I pushed my wiz up to about GR130ish, and that's basically about the softcap for normal gameplay in GRs.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah finished 110, and I'm done pushing GR for a bit, when an elite pack takes a few AotD to kill, time to upgrade more.

Went from 5 min at 100 to 10+ at 110. Getting raped at start before I get revives up sucks.

Back to working on DH sets i guess, just need 3rd conquest to finish Guardian, the sets one is only one left I can realistically do. Gold and 45 GR were easy.

Rathma necro is crazy this season, I'm only half ancient gear, and only augmented 2 peices so far.

Which belt? Pride of Cassius? Seems a PITA to get for everyone, aside gambling at lvl 29, but that just useful for cubing IIRC.

Edit: Anyone that hasn't really played season yet, I'd be happy to run you through rifts to level up, hell even alts. I'm no pro, but should be pretty easy with my build.
Belt is Lamentation, gives you 2 rend stacks and WW applies rend with Anbu so its like 100% dps booster almost. I still probably have the gear to run bounties and nephalim rifts with it though in T16, but who knows haven't tried.

When I was just getting PL'ed by the Crusader I had an ancient Anbu that I salvaged accidently since I was just trying to free up loot. Salvaged a lot of good gear I could've used even on the Barb.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I vaguely recall trying to get that for my Barb a couple years ago, I don't think I ever got it. Something about it being a mighty belt, which makes the droprate suck.

Have you tried upgrading rare mighty belts in the cube too?

Weird thing I've noticed this season, aside from the freebie Primal at GR 70, all of my primal drops have been outside rifts. Have about a dozen so far, all useless except the Pestilence chest & Aquila I'll use for my LoD set.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The drop rates for primals seem to be low this season. I'm mostly solo self found and paragon 1000 and I've seen like 2 other than my free one.

• 1Like

Burns

The drop rates for primals seem to be low this season. I'm mostly solo self found and paragon 1000 and I've seen like 2 other than my free one.
I hit 900 to 1000 before quitting and saw maybe 5 or 6 primals in total, all of them worthless (one was a bovine bardiche). That was 1 or 2 more than the last season I had played (2 or 3 seasons ago).

RNG do RNG things. Like that belt Penance is hunting for, I had 5 or 6 drop before Paragon 400. This season I had trouble with the RNG on leveling, and didn't get any help. Shit was so slow with a crap weapon and no leo crown.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yeah the RNG is really messed up sometimes.

I've burnt a shitload of mats trying to get ancient captain crimson belt & 2 socket legs for necro, first couple tries on DH I got both of them for him...

unimpessed1.jpg

• 1Worf

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Finished gearing up DH, hadn't actually played it at 70, did gambles/cube to gear, while I farm on necro.

Ran a GR 100 just to see how it plays:
blade wtf GIF by BBQ Films

multishot/sentry build is fucking insane, here I've been all proud of my necro.

• 1Like

Malakriss

edit: before end of event use all of your sanctify items on puzzle rings, run the ancient vaults for mass goblins

From December 16, 11:00 a.m.–February 5, 11:00 a.m. PST, you’ll need to put the sword to Treasure Goblins and Greater Rift Guardians for a chance at recovering a Gift. Because of their hardiness, Greater Rift Guardians have an increased chance of dropping a Gift.
Each Gift will always contain the following items:
  • Five Khanduran Rune, Caldeum Nightshade, Arreat War Tapestry, Corrupted Angel Flesh, and Westmarch Holy Water
Each Gift could also contain one of the following items:
  • Wings
    • Cosmic Wings
Full mats / drops in the link, but this suggests the current season (which started back in August) might continue until Feb.

Last edited:

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That does look kind of interesting, but god damn farming that much shit for some of those later mods is gross. No item level req, auto pickup rift orbs, immunity to CC, lots of neat in that list.

Better yet, hooray crafting your own primals, after you find/salvage 2.

Malakriss

Primal crafting is huge, especially for jewelry items like Squirt's and rarer weapons. Even more so than you think, cause if the affixes are bad you can salvage for 50% refund

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might not be a 50 percent refund. Stuff crafted at the BS isn't a 50 percent return is it?

Malakriss

Might not be a 50 percent refund. Stuff crafted at the BS isn't a 50 percent return is it?
The primal creation is a cube recipe while obtaining the ashes is from salvaging at the blacksmith. Although, upon rereading it seems like the cube result will be flagged similar to a sanctified item in S27 so it's possible they could screw us on the salvage refund.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That'd be shitty, you'd still have to find 2 primals to shard for every cube craft and they don't exactly rain down on you