Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Finished my altar at like 780. Still don't have a single ancient equipped. The altar is nutty with how much power it gives you and how much faster it makes shit. Going UE for farming speed to start was a great choice.

I'm assuming that this is a preview of what the D4 seasons will be like. If they are the same pace it's not bad at all.
What did you play? 1600 shards aka Rift 110 with 780 and no ancients sounds almost unbelievable

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I got my first (and only so far) non-automatic ancient right around p800. Long after I finished everything else on the altar and the journey. Sucks to be finished with everything and need 4 ancients still. Granted, with the unlimited xp fountains and massacre bonuses P800 isn't what it used to be but still crushes the motivation.

I think we all know the rng is streaky in D3 but this morning I cashed in 1700 bloods at kadala and got exactly zero legendaries. So much for the double drop chance.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm playing UE Demonhunter.

1677974570626.png

The paragon and seasonal status on the character web page is borked but looks like my items and gems are all correct. Two gems at level 41, one at 25. No ancient items. I have had 7 primals drop so only need 1 more before I can turn my bow into a primal and really start farming.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Do you need 5 or 6 pieces for the tome of set dungeons page thing? I thought it was 5 but it keeps telling me I can't do it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Big shout to Janx Janx if not for them, Id be no near as far along as I am now. They've been an awesome help and resource, I've learned a lot since playing with them.

Thanks again!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I believe the rules are double primals work for dropped + kadala, but crafting is still single.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Found out first hand you absolutely can. Gave me a shitty one, which I sharded to get my ancient puzzle ring done. Still have 2 left in bank that are useless.
How did that help with ancient puzzle ring? I've been using the reforge legendary recipe and blowing through like 1k souls...

Not that it matters I haven't seen a single primal since the GR 75 one almost 900 paragon.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
How did that help with ancient puzzle ring? I've been using the reforge legendary recipe and blowing through like 1k souls...

Not that it matters I haven't seen a single primal since the GR 75 one almost 900 paragon.
I imagine you make a primal puzzle ring.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Correct. I used primal puzzle ring for that sacrifice in altar. After more grinding tonight I am back up to 4 primals. Just need to get solo gr to 110 and I am close to the finish line.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Farming GRs and trying to get all my gear to ancients so I can aug them is a bitch. Got a meteor wizard almost ready to go, just needs some gems, which is what I am working on now. I am farming GR 90 like a pro. 102 was a slog, but only have a handful of slots left to get ancient, so I am getting really close. Monk is almost ready. Crusader is lined up to be next blood shard dumpster.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Where are y'all seeing that you get +41% exp for life on this?
The yellow experience pools actually work out to 41% due to the weird math that goes into the calculation. Then the altar power works by clicking one pool and the bonus lasts for the entire season.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The yellow experience pools actually work out to 41% due to the weird math that goes into the calculation. Then the altar power works by clicking one pool and the bonus lasts for the entire season.
Mine seems to fade as normal after 25% of a level (or whatever it is). Weird

Also, wtf can you num lock auto cast spells but not potions? Same exact process -.-

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
In reality your xp should be much higher than +41% this season anyway because much more of your kills will have x4 massacre multiplier on top of the xp pool bonus. You should also, at least while solo, have the Enlightment Shrine effect if you're potting on cooldown with gloves of worship for another +25%. Only the xp pool effect works on rift completion xp but I'm noticing much more level dings in the middle of rifts from the kill streaks and whatnot.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Massacre bonus doesn't apply to rifts. If you are grinding open world content for experience you're.... Yeah.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Can someone give me a run down on how echoing nightmares work? Is it just cow level++ and you just run around spam murdering? How do the shrines work? How do you get levels on your whisper? How beefy do I have to be to get 125/150?