Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I unlocked my second potion last night, so that’s pretty cool.

I’m so much further in this season than I’ve ever been in any other season, it’s been fun.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
My DH turned into an unstoppable monster after I got my stuff augmented. Still no ancient squirt necklace, but that shit sucks.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I'm guessing it's all the quality of life upgrades on the altar but so far this season has done the best to keep me playing after finishing the journey. Normally I'd be done within 5 minutes of hitting Guardian. This season I'm on my 4th class now fucking around with different builds. The only bottleneck I have following altar completion is my gems are just barely keeping up with the number of nightmare keys I'm getting. I also could probably be more aggressive with reforges but I pushed with Tal Rasha so not terribly motivated to augment other experimental sets.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This season eliminates most of the tedium of the game which makes it far more playable. When you have such stale itemization and boring gameplay loops being overpowered is necessary to make the game feel good to play. Which is what the altar does.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm guessing it's all the quality of life upgrades on the altar but so far this season has done the best to keep me playing after finishing the journey. Normally I'd be done within 5 minutes of hitting Guardian. This season I'm on my 4th class now fucking around with different builds. The only bottleneck I have following altar completion is my gems are just barely keeping up with the number of nightmare keys I'm getting. I also could probably be more aggressive with reforges but I pushed with Tal Rasha so not terribly motivated to augment other experimental sets.
Join some public groups for vault and eternal nightmare farming. Bottleneck gone. Got 12 whispers last night.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's definitely a good QoL patch, like the followers one. If they left the altar in and then added some other crazy nonsense from seasons past that'd be great, 3 cubes of any variety + d2 items with random mods

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A season like this shows how low T16 is compared to GR levels you need for progression. Should be up to T20 or so by now.

The problem is the only rewards from them would be higher amount of GR keys

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Join some public groups for vault and eternal nightmare farming. Bottleneck gone. Got 12 whispers last night.
My bottleneck is the opposite. Got plenty of Whispers of Attonement from group nightmares but my colored gem production is barely keeping up even with broken crown follower. In reality though it's not a big deal since my Tal Rasha push set and my GoD speed farm set are fully augmented so it's not like I really need more augments on test build #14.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
A season like this shows how low T16 is compared to GR levels you need for progression. Should be up to T20 or so by now.

The problem is the only rewards from them would be higher amount of GR keys
Would be nice if every GR above 80 or so gave some additional percent to Ancient and/or primal drops. IIRC all loot except blood shards maxes out at GR90.

Khane

Would be nice if every GR above 80 or so gave some additional percent to Ancient and/or primal drops. IIRC all loot except blood shards maxes out at GR90.

Unfortunately most gaming studios don't understand that the carrot needs to feel attainable for the majority of players to give a shit about chasing it. Instead they opt for making it close to impossible if you don't play full time thinking that drives people to log in more, when all it does is make most players ignore that carrot completely.

Primal dropping more often and being able to use the shards on all equipped items instead of just one would help player retention. But they think the opposite.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We're still dealing with the era of design that thought 1 in 4000 for a chance at a mount drop was good design (WoW open world bosses).

Maybe if they were tradeable and sellable to correct for the people who don't luck out, but they have neutered that aspect from all of their games so it's retarded the whole way now. Granted primals are only like 1 in 400 but then you need the right item with the right affixes so imagine how long it would take to reforge the same item even 200 times, getting 20 ancients along the way and how many of those would even been usable?

Zero way to refine or direct efforts beyond broad strokes and dumb luck.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My bottleneck is the opposite. Got plenty of Whispers of Attonement from group nightmares but my colored gem production is barely keeping up even with broken crown follower. In reality though it's not a big deal since my Tal Rasha push set and my GoD speed farm set are fully augmented so it's not like I really need more augments on test build #14.
You can primalize puzzle rings to farm gems.

Khane

You can primalize puzzle rings to farm gems.

You're way better off just reforging puzzle rings to ancient since primal does nothing to the drops over ancient.

Please don't waste primal reforges on puzzle rings lol.

Don't forget you can reforge gems too

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're way better off just reforging puzzle rings to ancient since primal does nothing to the drops over ancient.

Please don't waste primal reforges on puzzle rings lol.

Don't forget you can reforge gems too
But then you would have to run bounties. Ew.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Kanais cube recipe 7: Take 9 of any type gem (all the same), and convert to 9 of a desired type of gem. just need desired dust from Squirt in act 2.

No need to do any bounties.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How many primals are you finding that you can just turn puzzle rings into primal lol?
I mean tbf you can only wear one crafted primal so after you craft the one that's best for you what else are you spending primal dust on? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Khane

I mean tbf you can only wear one crafted primal so after you craft the one that's best for you what else are you spending primal dust on? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Again how many primals are you finding to unlock your altar and craft a good version of your weapon BEFORE you get enough gems to not give a shit about augments?

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Again how many primals are you finding to unlock your altar and craft a good version of your weapon BEFORE you get enough gems to not give a shit about augments?
6 to unlock, upgraded 5 items to primal (including a puzzle ring). So like 16 by paragon 1100?