Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think people are moreso upset they haven't gotten the particular legendary they're looking for yet, because what more do you want? The expansion just launched 10 days ago and you're farming t1/2/3. Did you expect to have everything bis and farming t6 within a week of launch?

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
Found this posted on the forums:

uGJ6XG5.png

I wonder how that 25% legendary boost in rifts stacks with the Torment bonus. If it's additive(probably not), it favors running rifts at T1. If it's multiplicative, it favors running rifts at T6. Still running T1 rifts myself, not quite sure at what point to move the difficulty up. Was able to reincorporate MoC-A instead of Epiphany, so I figured that warranted staying at T1. At the very least, you shouldn't up the difficulty until your DPS is X * 1.6/1.15, where X is what you started that difficulty at.

Unrelated:
Made it into an actual table for Graffes, and decided to paste it over here in case anyone wanted to use it to add more columns or modify for the future:
DifficultyMonster HealthMonster DamageGold/XP BonusMat. Drop %Leg. Drop %Rift Leg. Drop%

Normal100%100%0%15%100%125%

Hard200%130%75%15%100%125%

Expert320%189%100%21%100%125%

Master512%273%200%25%100%125%

Torment 1819%396%300%31%115%143.75%

Torment 21311%575%400%37%132.3%165.375%

Torment 32097%833%550%44%152.1%190.125%

Torment 43355%1208%800%53%174.9%218.625%

Torment 55369%1752%1150%64%201.1%251.375%

Torment 68590%2540%1600%77%231.1%288.875%

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Drop rates aren't high enough to justify everything being BoA.
Yeah, it still boggles me a little that people think lego drop rates are too high or don't want them upped. They are soulbound and most roll badly enough they get salvaged. We're supposed to collect class sets with no trading at these drop rates? Guess I better get my poopsock and quit my job.

As far as I'm concerned, let it rain legos if there's no trading.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know what happens if you pop level 60 machines at this point (level 70)? Are the Ubers going to be exactly like they were, or will they have scaled to 70? I'm on hardcore and neither me nor my friends have ever done them, so we're not looking to get fucked into losing our chars if we can help it, need as much info as possible.

Sidenote, another reason I despise this game ever having had enrage timers. Makes new/unfamiliar things quite un-fun knowing that there might be a chance I can't just outlast whatever I'm tackling, and it might just say it's tired of fighting and one-shot me for no reason.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Can probably only see myself playing max another 2-3 weeks to be honest

Game is pretty fun to pick up and play in small sessions but lacks an incentive at carry on at max level apart from getting +gooder gear. Rifts I feel is a watered down version of PoE's map system and lack of trading means trying new builds an extremely difficult process. High costs of crafting and mystics also just adds to the frustrating experience.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it still boggles me a little that people think lego drop rates are too high or don't want them upped. They are soulbound and most roll badly enough they get salvaged. We're supposed to collect class sets with no trading at these drop rates? Guess I better get my poopsock and quit my job.

As far as I'm concerned, let it rain legos if there's no trading.
Yep, I've played afucktonso far and have zero set pieces to show for it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think people are moreso upset they haven't gotten the particular legendary they're looking for yet, because what more do you want? The expansion just launched 10 days ago and you're farming t1/2/3. Did you expect to have everything bis and farming t6 within a week of launch?
I'm more annoyed at not having a single set piece or even one of the actual good legendaries.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Its been a week bros, pull back on your reigns if you are getting emotional about loot.
I want a SoH before its nerfed!

Anyone know what happens if you pop level 60 machines at this point (level 70)? Are the Ubers going to be exactly like they were, or will they have scaled to 70? I'm on hardcore and neither me nor my friends have ever done them, so we're not looking to get fucked into losing our chars if we can help it, need as much info as possible.

Sidenote, another reason I despise this game ever having had enrage timers. Makes new/unfamiliar things quite un-fun knowing that there might be a chance I can't just outlast whatever I'm tackling, and it might just say it's tired of fighting and one-shot me for no reason.
If you're playing hardcore so safe that you're hitting enrage timers that most people here didn't even know still existed...maybe you should lower the difficulty. Or not play hardcore. Sounds like you're taking the thrill/risk out of hardcore.

Get yourself a pair of homing pads if you want to try out new shit.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Yep, I've played afucktonso far and have zero set pieces to show for it.
Not even a Blackthornes? I've gotten 4 set items since playing the expansion and.. yep, all 4 of them are fucking Blackthornes. 1 chest and 3 belts

ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Not even a Blackthornes? I've gotten 4 set items since playing the expansion and.. yep, all 4 of them are fucking Blackthornes. 1 chest and 3 belts

Oh I'm saying class set, doesn't help that crusader only has one class set while barb gets three for some reason.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Same here, no set pieces at all. Not even a Blackthornes.

Here's the problem, the legendary drop rate might actually be high enough. It's just not *smart* enough. Get a Maximus? Oh cool, lets try out a fire build. Oh, I'm going to need a new bracers and amulet at the very least because I likely locked them into a different stat and can't reforge them. And even if I could, it would cost a ton. If I was well geared, likely going to need a new helm(Andy's), new belt(tgod doesn't work with fire), new gloves, and new ring(s).

You don't just try out new builds, you stash a whole ton of "just in case" gear and wait for weeks/months for the finishing pieces to drop. And if you're an OWE monk(or any class that cares about secondary stats), you don't have enough bank space.

Restricted trade would alleviate this. Decent magefist drops that someone else doesn't need? You might not need it now but at some point in the future, you want to try a fire build.

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm

I hate enrage timers because they force you into a DPS/Glass Cannon Build, because it's easier to load your gear into that than it is to build a fun balanced build. If someone wants to play a Toughness/Healing build, their penalty should be killing shit slower (so less loot), not being unable to even attempt a boss because of enrage timers.

There are a lot of fun builds possible in this game, but since your DPS would take too much of a hit, no one plays with them.

Dis

Confirmed Male
I cant even trade gear with my wife. I keep forgetting I cant. I do some runs, get some crap legendaries or duplicate legs. I tell her, hey I got my 3rd mempo drop, you can just reroll the int stat. Oh wait, never mind, I cant even trade with people on the same LAN as me. Whole concept is quite silly.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
If you're playing hardcore so safe that you're hitting enrage timers that most people here didn't even know still existed...maybe you should lower the difficulty. Or not play hardcore. Sounds like you're taking the thrill/risk out of hardcore.

Get yourself a pair of homing pads if you want to try out new shit.
Hey, thanks for the completely useless post full of assumptions, asshat. I've never hit an enrage timer, thanks though. I just happen to have thoughts about bad game design, and how it affects psychological processes, and/or fun. And for instance, when I was breaking into Inferno for the first time in vanilla (being a zero AH player), hitting Butcher's 3min enrage was a valid concern. Similar concerns for this "ubers" shit I've heard so much about, but haven't tried yet due to not having played but 7-8 days pre-expansion since vanilla.

But no really, if someone knows how the level 60 ubers machines work at level 70 (scaling, not scaling, etc) feel free to chime in and be helpful.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I hate enrage timers because they force you into a DPS/Glass Cannon Build, because it's easier to load your gear into that than it is to build a fun balanced build. If someone wants to play a Toughness/Healing build, their penalty should be killing shit slower (so less loot), not being unable to even attempt a boss because of enrage timers.

There are a lot of fun builds possible in this game, but since your DPS would take too much of a hit, no one plays with them.
And +1 for a good thoughtful point.

Senelgor_sl

shitlord

I've just got to say, fuck that set. I've gotten the chest and belt and my brother has gotten three amulets, a chest, and last night when he went to burn his Blood Shards he gambled out a another chest on his very first go. Neither of us has seen a lick of any other sets either.

Fuck Blackthornes.