Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I despise the entire grift system. I hope whatever is next in the Diablo franchise goes back to the D2 style loot farming

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I despise anything with a timer. At least with regular rifts you can clear at your own pace and continue killing past RG.

spronk

FPS noob
Sort of disappointed that absolutely nothing happened at gamescom given how much content was unveiled for all of their other games & it being their 20th anniversary and all. Didn't really expect them to but eh

Although it was kinda neat they were talking about the music in the original Diablo and the guy who made the music played all the instruments himself and did the entire score by himself. Diablo 2 is apparently one of the first games to ever use a live orchestra.

Oh well here's to hoping we see something at Blizzcon.

word is diablo 4 and diablo 2: HD remaster will be announced at blizzcon

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah on the Diablo subreddit there were a lot of ppl mentionning how they kept using the number 4 in a lot of stuff during the stream, and like the end of the stream had 4 people high five the diablo plushie and shit like that, so D4 seems kinda likely, at least that's in the works. D2 HD inbetween sounds also fairly plausible. Get people excited again and shit and the people who hated D3 and never came back would be interested in the franchise again if there re-released D2, so they'd be tempted to buy D4.

One of the 2 is likely coming at least based on the twitter shit, so that's something. Also makes sense they'd keep big announcements for Blizzcon. They want to sell them online overpriced stream tickets.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds on point. Mob health roughly doubles every 5 GRs.

Hmmm, still getting used to the forum GUI...thought, I was on the last post. That was in response to k^m.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, when you're that high up in grifts 5m remaining means about 1 more level is what you can do comfortably and even then you may fail if its a shitty rift/you got a good rift previous level.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Well, you should use your judgement, if you got a good grift and had 5 min remaining that should mean something very different than if you had a tough grift with 5 min remaining.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I've solo pushed to gr50 and have no want to keep going as the only way I can is to get better rolls on the best in slot items I have or add enchants. Aside from the unity rings which for some retarded reason have yet to drop. Isn't that what made this game terrible at one point, the incremental upgrades? There seems little reason other than the leaderboard to keep going.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Pretty much all classes can get past sixty with _any_ of their class sets and reasonable gear (I was speaking to 2nd top guy doing seasonal achievements and he said he tried that with all sets (?) and got at least 70, but I'm gonna say at least 60). Perhaps cube for rings if you need a 2nd unity really badly.

Is your build terrible or something?

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Haven't looked at this game since release. Played the shit out of it the first couple days it came out, one of the first players to max out. Then I dropped it a few days later when I realized what a shitty grind fest the real-money AH was.

I've got a real hankering for some action RPG hack and slash, loot pinata fun, so I was wondering if its worth giving it another shot? How have things changed since release? For the better? Worse?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I may be able to get to 60 and beyond, just don't feel any real need to do so as I have no upgrades available sans better itemized of the same thing I have. Maybe I'll get that itch before the season is over to push again but right now there isn't any reason for me to do so sans to say I did.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Haven't looked at this game since release. Played the shit out of it the first couple days it came out, one of the first players to max out. Then I dropped it a few days later when I realized what a shitty grind fest the real-money AH was.

I've got a real hankering for some action RPG hack and slash, loot pinata fun, so I was wondering if its worth giving it another shot? How have things changed since release? For the better? Worse?

The seasons are fun, give it a shot.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

It has changed ALOT since release, for the better. It still has some flaws and a downsized team so those are bound to stay, but it's fun. Just start a season character and maybe play campaign once if you don't know the expansion yet, and then stick to adventure mode. Oh yea, if you don't have the expansion don't bother.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Give it a try. The season journey isn't that long, 1-3 weeks depending on your playtime, and it's quite pleasing to put an end point on when you stop playing instead of just getting bored.

This is coming from someone who didn't do seasons until the 4th one. Think of seasons as a way to gear up class/spec you haven't tried yet, play it until you're satisfied, then pick up a new class/spec next season.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty much, yeah. I used to only play non-seasonal, but it just seems so pointless now that I can't even be bothered to sort through the previous season crap to figure out what is better than the stuff I have in my NS stash anymore. Still haven't even made a character to get the stash tab this season either, for that matter.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Did Whirlwind Barb stay dead? That was the most fun I had, whichever season that was big (IK hammer build was the GRift build that season, IIRC). D3 was most fun to me when I could mindlessly grind, which WotW WW barb was fantastic at.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's not really dead in the sense that you can't grind with it. I believe it's currently not the best barb build for pushing grifts. But farming lower grifts and rifts? Still quite good at that.

I'm pretty sure you can complete the season journey with any class's four sets.