Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So...is this shit like...Make a char for a season, run around, season ends start a new char?

If so, fuck that.
Scoffed at that idea for a while too myself. Then I ran a couple of seasons with my friends and had a blast. I'm done now though, not sure what the could do to make me want to play. Ready for the next game.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
So after posting here asking if I should give D3 another go, initially the response from everyone seemed luke-warm, so I ended up trying Path of Exile instead (had barely heard of it before, but it was free so figured why not give it a shot before shelling out cash to catch up on D3 xpac(s)).

Holy shit, PoE has been everything I ever dreamed of in a game like this. The item/crafting/skill system feels like they took everything that was amazing in D2 and then multiplied it 100x depth wise. I feel like I could nerd out on it for years to come. I would be curious to know how D3 has evolved since release in comparison. I would love to have a game with the depth of PoE but the level of polish Blizz games are known for. That said, I feel like a lot of the PoE-esque mechanics are probably too unfriendly for the more mainstream audience Blizz goes after.

I wonder if some of the deeper mechanics that exist in PoE will make it to D4 (if this stuff isn't in the more recent versions of D3 already).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
So after posting here asking if I should give D3 another go, initially the response from everyone seemed luke-warm, so I ended up trying Path of Exile instead (had barely heard of it before, but it was free so figured why not give it a shot before shelling out cash to catch up on D3 xpac(s)).

Holy shit, PoE has been everything I ever dreamed of in a game like this. The item/crafting/skill system feels like they took everything that was amazing in D2 and then multiplied it 100x depth wise. I feel like I could nerd out on it for years to come. I would be curious to know how D3 has evolved since release in comparison. I would love to have a game with the depth of PoE but the level of polish Blizz games are known for. That said, I feel like a lot of the PoE-esque mechanics are probably too unfriendly for the more mainstream audience Blizz goes after.

I wonder if some of the deeper mechanics that exist in PoE will make it to D4 (if this stuff isn't in the more recent versions of D3 already).

D3 can't really compare to PoE in the areas you mention, it's too streamlined. D3 is prettier and plays more fluid though, for what that is worth to you. I doubt Blizz would take inspiration from PoE, although I would love if they did. PoE (and D2 for that matter) just isn't the kind of game they make these days. That said I bounce between the two regularly for seasons/leagues ... it's just that PoE gets the bigger share because you can wrap up the season journey and "max" a character within a week in D3. You can do that in PoE too actually but trading and the much deeper build/skill/itemization system give PoE better standing power past week 1.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I meant it's not the kind of game Blizzard makes anymore. Thought that was obvious given that PoE is a current game.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thank god, that man has single handled reduce the quality of everything he touches lately. Hopefully Diablo can get back on track with non retarded lore along with WoW not retconning everything that doesn't suit his green jesus orc.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
That picture looks like the D2 cover. I think they were hiring for HD reworks of their old games a while ago, that might be it. I'll be salty if that's all they have for the franchise though.

Edit: yea given the url that's even more obvious. Otoh reddit says it's probably not owned by Blizz, so fake/fansite. But they did fill positions for HD versions of Diablo and SC so that bit is still true.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Thank god, that man has single handled reduce the quality of everything he touches lately. Hopefully Diablo can get back on track with non retarded lore along with WoW not retconning everything that doesn't suit his green jesus orc.

If Blizzard is smart it will take a good look at (at steal the fuck out of) path of exile for D4.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they re-did D2 with current gen graphics, that could be a huge hit I would think. Bonus points if the mod community updated some of the versions to match (eastern sun, median et al). Don't know if I'd rather see that or something like D4, but here's hoping either could be a continued fun universe to kill shit in.

Brad

Trakanon Raider
I would be stoked if they re-did D2 in HD. Will definitely log in after a very long hiatus.

Not really feeling much about a possible D4 announcement. I will need more info about how they will build it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I really doubt there is going to be a D4 announcement in the next few years. I'm pretty sure it will just be D2HD with a longshot at a D3 expansion

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If they re-did D2 with current gen graphics, that could be a huge hit I would think. Bonus points if the mod community updated some of the versions to match (eastern sun, median et al). Don't know if I'd rather see that or something like D4, but here's hoping either could be a continued fun universe to kill shit in.
Median without the engine limitations and in HD ? I'd rather start doing heroin

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I skipped this season already, but yeah sounds pretty dead if they didn't even bother with a PTR. They might do some minor changes but probably nothing worth playing. Sounds pretty fucking shit leading to the supposedly big Diablo news for Blizzcon.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Is this worth picking up again for a monk/barb who has been out for a year and half?

There were so many changes last time I logged in (Feb/Mar 2016) it seemed like to much work to bother.

Have things improved much for monks? Is Bliz still doing the same old strat of having 1 dominating build, changing every season?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Worth picking up? Sure. There are have been a ton of changes in the last year and a half. Every class can essentially complete the season journey with any of their four sets. And some classes have viable LoN sets too.

There's is still the 1 best build, but I wouldn't say it's noticeably dominant unless you're pushing grifts. And from the looks of this season and next, "changing every season" seems to be done.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bros, I am trying to finish up this season; apparently I got distracted and forgot about it. I have a T13 capable WD, high 60s on GRs for now.

Any thoughts on the quickest path to 2 conquests?
Any other WDs have thoughts on HT Garg vs Jade?

No sweat if I can't finish up, but I figured I'd give it a go since I'm close. If anyone is still playing, I should be on regularly and I'm up for pushing through the journey to the tab unlock.