Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is the build I followed, which is pretty close to the top build on Diablo Fans as well.

Wizard Manald Archon Hydra Build (Patch 2.5 / Season 10)

It does take some very much getting used to compared to DH. But the difference is, with Vengeance up, and Aquilla Cuirass buff, and then evasive ring, it's very easy to hit like 350M toughness or something crazy like that. I think I hit 150M or so with 200 Archon stacks? And vault is so much nicer than teleport IMO, that it's just easy to avoid affixes as well. Add to it of course that your face f'ing the screen with Impale, and it makes for an extremely easy build. Up to GR80 or so on my DH.

Wizard? You gotta stay in Archon to make it work, and then when out of Archon, very precisely use Teleport to stay alive. It's a LOT more work than DH, but it's sure fancy AF doing it. Lightning and fire, etc etc looks way cooler than DH Impale. haha!

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The chantados will or whatever that set is has some cool builds as well. They aren't as good this season but still destroy everything on the screen sub 80

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
If you really want to do higher grift stuff, it is probably best to pick a solid class and build and stick with it, get ancients for most slots, aug those ancients (with 80+ level gems) and level your socketed gems to 80+ if they don't cap out earlier. By the time you do this, you should be near or around 800 para. If you don't concentrate on one thing, you won't be able to find as many ancients per build (never mind getting augs for most slots). YMMV.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
If you really want to do higher grift stuff, it is probably best to pick a solid class and build and stick with it, get ancients for most slots, aug those ancients (with 80+ level gems) and level your socketed gems to 80+ if they don't cap out earlier. By the time you do this, you should be near or around 800 para. If you don't concentrate on one thing, you won't be able to find as many ancients per build (never mind getting augs for most slots). YMMV.
This 100%. I started off as a DH which I got geared quickly (thanks Mudcrush). Then I went to a witch doctor and got him geared well with ancients and even a primal. Hit a brick wall in grifts with this class even though was able to do higher ones with lesser gear on my DH. So I hung up my mojo and playing a monk and plan on sticking with this class. I regreted playing 3 different classes to find one that I will keep playing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
One minor hitch: if you want Guardian, the conquests for this season are pretty awful so Years of War = GR55 with 6 different 6pc set bonuses is probably the 3rd least shitty (after gem leveling and boss speed run, which is very doable with Impale DH solo). That requires 2 classes.

Still agree with Mud that if you want GR progression, the vast majority of your time should be on one class w/ one build that you ancient/primal/augment.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This 100%. I started off as a DH which I got geared quickly (thanks Mudcrush). Then I went to a witch doctor and got him geared well with ancients and even a primal. Hit a brick wall in grifts with this class even though was able to do higher ones with lesser gear on my DH. So I hung up my mojo and playing a monk and plan on sticking with this class. I regreted playing 3 different classes to find one that I will keep playing.
Went monk last season and did pretty well with the LoN LTK build, but the way I played it gave me bad carpal tunnel. No joke, I was constant clicking hotkeys and mouse buttons because the way I played I could never hold down LTK. And the rest of the monk abilities had to be spammed on short cool downs.

Not sure what it was about LTK that made me click it so much, because DH I actually hold down shift and left mouse to spam impale with a vault thrown in every once in a while. Much less chaotic.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Went monk last season and did pretty well with the LoN LTK build, but the way I played it gave me bad carpal tunnel. No joke, I was constant clicking hotkeys and mouse buttons because the way I played I could never hold down LTK. And the rest of the monk abilities had to be spammed on short cool downs.

Not sure what it was about LTK that made me click it so much, because DH I actually hold down shift and left mouse to spam impale with a vault thrown in every once in a while. Much less chaotic.
LTK is my farming build but I'm using Shenlong's spirit generator rainment build for pushing Grifts. Way less button mashing.

GR100+ R6 Gen Monk (Solo 2.4.2) - Monk - Diablo III Builds - Diablo Fans

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Season 11 is live on the necromancer beta, so I guess the class could be available with S11. But given where S11 is expected to start, that's a lot sooner than anyone expected the class. Would be fun, but I'd honestly still bet on S12.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Haven't tried the necro class yet (have the beta) or been keeping up it. Has anyone who has played it think it's ready for launch or will be releasing an untuned class like they did with the crusader.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They're still tuning sets and complementary legendaries aren't even in yet, kind of hard to make that judgement when they haven't announced a release date.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
New PTR patch notes are up. Some of the set tuning looked a tad disapponting and nothing really stood out(doesn't mean it's not good) except for this:

Lornelle’s Sunstone
  • Your damage reduction is increased by 0.75-0.95% for every 1% Life you are missing

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New PTR patch notes are up. Some of the set tuning looked a tad disapponting and nothing really stood out(doesn't mean it's not good) except for this:

Lornelle’s Sunstone
  • Your damage reduction is increased by 0.75-0.95% for every 1% Life you are missing
That coupled with the pants where you do more damage with missing life? Seems like a solid combo.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Necro was back last night. Trying to get pieces for the blood set which has the D2 name.

Is anyone still playing non beta S10 and doing higher GRifts here? Looking to run tonight if anyone is still playing and has room.