Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That coupled with the pants where you do more damage with missing life? Seems like a solid combo.
Which pants are you referring to?

Bones of Rathma(skeleton mage set) got a huge buff from complementary legendaries, it's easily still the best set in terms of power.

I also tried out the Blood set again. The cap is good, but it's still too high. Getting to 40+ stacks means you can't cast Bone Armor if you're using the rune that increases LPS. I could see this set being fun playing the stack management game IF the tools to dump stacks quickly existed. They don't. There needs to be a skill that dumps 5-10 stacks per cast. Once you start going over 30 stacks, the health cost is too severe in how it makes your health ping pong.

Or just limit it to 25 stacks and double the damage buff.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I am smoking crack. I thought when I was doing Demon Hunter in season 6ish that there was an item that did more damage based on missing life. It was for a solo GRift build based around impale. Perhaps I was thinking of speed based on life missing?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I'm thinking of what you're thinking, it was the pants that stop you from regenerating life in exchange you do x_% extra damage per second to anything around you? I remember a video at one point where a monk found some abused combo that made him invuln and automatically clearing everything around him from it, but not much more than that.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The Necro was back last night. Trying to get pieces for the blood set which has the D2 name.

Is anyone still playing non beta S10 and doing higher GRifts here? Looking to run tonight if anyone is still playing and has room.

I do higher grifts but I dunno if I'll be on tonight. Can do at least up to GR95 as DH or ZDPS monk.

Generally for high grifts you want an impale DH, one AE class (generally LWiz or firebat WD), a ZDPS monk or barb, and the 4th spot is optimally another ZDPs but sometimes you make do with what you can get and get a dps of some type.

Builds that are just fine for T8 or whatnot are generally NOT fine for high grifts.

My definition of high grifts are at the least GR80 and many might think GR90+.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Got my beta necro to 70 finally. Pet set + poison scythe == chomp chomp. Gonna grab the other sets and rings and stuff while beta vendor exists, see what they are planning to roll necro out with initially.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pet build still seems to be the go to even with the legendary items in, summoning two mages at a time+last longer is a no brainer allowing you to focus on other spenders. The change that makes skeleton frenzy last until the target is dead also trivalizes every elite/boss, one button press and wait as the damage ramps up. No way it stays the way it is, especially with the legendary that increases damage the longer they attack the same thing.

Tried a bone spear build that should work out well once I get the flow of it, relies on corpses to devour/corpse lance and spreading different poison attacks around for maximum damage, works REALLY well in high density areas.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
rathma set with the ae versions of land and army of the dead, hate builder, consume aura, skeletal mages and items that enhance poison (all skills are poison) and skeletal mages is pretty powerful, people doing 80-92 without ancients (never mind augments) on test - even without ancients/augments or even all of the proper legendary items (and only one legendary gem) I am doing gr50 atm. Super powerful build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
rathma set with the ae versions of land and army of the dead, hate builder, consume aura, skeletal mages and items that enhance poison (all skills are poison) and skeletal mages is pretty powerful, people doing 80-92 without ancients (never mind augments) on test - even without ancients/augments or even all of the proper legendary items (and only one legendary gem) I am doing gr50 atm. Super powerful build.
Not so fast!

Skeletal Mage
  • Contamination
    • Raise a contaminated mage that channels an aura of decay for 175% 100% weapon damage for its duration.
Death’s Scythe Nayr’s Black Death
  • Each different Poison skill you use increases the damage of your Poison skills by 75-100% 50-65% for 15 seconds

The Contamination rune was annoying to play anyway. Non-projectile ranged AE blocked by environment is really annoying.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Not so fast!

Skeletal Mage
  • Contamination
    • Raise a contaminated mage that channels an aura of decay for 175% 100% weapon damage for its duration.
Death’s Scythe Nayr’s Black Death
  • Each different Poison skill you use increases the damage of your Poison skills by 75-100% 50-65% for 15 seconds

The Contamination rune was annoying to play anyway. Non-projectile ranged AE blocked by environment is really annoying.

I liked it. As I did that last post, they changed everything as you listed, but the Rathma set did get a buff in that skeletal mage bonus went from 200% to 250%. Still overall a big damage nerf for the build. Might still work though, dunno.