Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Anyone run Pestilence? I know it's not really mentioned anywhere, but to me so far, it actually feels pretty good with my setup. Granted I only started playing the necro yesterday and can pretty comfortably farm TX. Sort of reminds me of DH Impale, but more tanky.
I haven't tried it but have no doubt it's a viable, if not good build. I really wish they had released the necro at the start of a new season as season only character (to start) so everyone started totally fresh. It's really hard to tell how a build is going to be until it's totally tricked out and considering you can pretty much jump to TX-TXII with a full set of just about anything when you have 600+ paragon and thousand's of crafting materials and kanai cube powers... It's kind of diminished my experience since i got there in 3 hours. My goal now is just to get to GR 100 before the next season and then start fresh.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Uh? You cast 5 skeletons while standing still, then move and try to generate enough resources to chain cast those five skeletons again within the next 5 seconds.

It's not passive, it's aggravatingly unfun gameplay.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got 2 pieces of the Pestilence set tonight, and thought the 2-piece bonus looked good, so I started using it. I can only clear T4 GR's atm, but that bonus seems super strong especially for bosses. It procs a corpse lance at a nearby mob for every corpse you consume, and I'm running Devour as an Aura, plus Land of the Dead with the Essence regen rune... so I get to a boss, pop LoD and its just a constant stream of Lances right at the boss, kills them so fast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
^ That's similar to what I posted above and im running T8/T9 right now with no optimization.
Yep, that was what made me consider using 2 piece of the Pestilence set. My build is a bit more passive, in that I use Death Nova (blight) instead of Corpse Lance, so I get constant mana regen (mostly) while Lances are firing off due to Devour Aura consuming the corpses automatically. I want a good ring to drop with a socket so I can use the Poison gem, which should bump my dmg up a bit more.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Bone Armour build with all the right shit minus The Endless Walk set feels squishy at GR60 with 750 paragon.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bone Armour build with all the right shit minus The Endless Walk set feels squishy at GR60 with 750 paragon.
Try running 2 piece Pestilence and whatever else, buff up Corpse Lance dmg and use Devour as an aura; at my shit-tier lvl I just usually follow the trail of corpses ahead of me, then just pop LoD when stuff gets overwhelming. Going to try a mix of 2-piece Pestilence and 4-piece Inarius, though I'll dislike looking like a hulked up skeleton.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Bonestorm is pretty fun. All I'm missing for my speed farm build is the compass rose neck/ring set. Then just need ancients/better rolls. Can do t11 in 4ish mins for now.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did they make any changes to the other classes at this point for the next season? Or will impale hunters be pretty much the go to starting point for OP?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Very few, if any at all changes to the other classes. If you want to be OP, Shadow Impale will probably be the way to go. I'm curious as to how Necros might fit into the 4-man meta. Supposedly people are working on builds that can compete as RG killers.

Got online last night and played a fresh character with no twinking. Got a new perspective on some other skills. Corpse Lance is the truth.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Land of the dead + corpse lance, mixed in with the pestilence/krysbins is hilarious. You're just a walking pile of corpsey rape train

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Mages need to be permanent like your reg skeletons/golem. Cap it at 5, and make that ring double them like the Inna's set and those boots work together.

• 1Solidarity

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got enough gear on necro to speed through T13's (even while still missing a set ring/neck that would make it go even faster). Still doing a few rifts a day but definitely slowed down playing already. Still got my $15 worth no doubt.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Got enough gear on necro to speed through T13's (even while still missing a set ring/neck that would make it go even faster). Still doing a few rifts a day but definitely slowed down playing already. Still got my $15 worth no doubt.
Yeah, i feel pretty good about my investment of one wow token.

• 1Solidarity